The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Official Football Thread - 12/13

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: Official Football Thread - 12/13

Postby SajN » May 28th, '13, 14:43

Revolutionary wrote:
Innovation wrote:Did Kaka lose his pace before or after he joined RM? I can't remember.

Is Kaka regarded as a huge flop amongst RM fans?

He got injured about 5 months after he signed with RM (he came to RM recovering from an injury, so it's partially the staff's responsibility for buying him). He never got back to playing good ever since.

And yes, he is considered a flop and we'd all love to see him leave. He gets paid about as much as Cristiano but doesn't do shit, that's unfair to players like Ozil and Modric who get paid only 3 million.

"Only" 3 million :p
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Innovation » May 28th, '13, 15:34

Revolutionary wrote:Well, if you compare it to 10 million it sure does look small.
But yeah, we can only dream about such numbers haha

That's like Mata vs Torres.

Torres is on £175,000 (~€205,000) per week, and Mata is on around £60,000 (~€70,000) per week. Torres' wages are just astronomical.

I hope Spain continue to pick Silva over Mata during the Confederations Cup. Mata is so underappreciated by del Bosque. One of the best playmakers in the world and he's just turned 25. Not to mention he's had a much better season than Silva.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Guess_Who » May 28th, '13, 15:40

I don't like Silva much.

But the worst Spanish player is Arbeloa, you can put a road cone in his place and it will do the same job.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Innovation » May 28th, '13, 16:34

Azpilicueta!
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Innovation » May 29th, '13, 07:22

Rollefsen wrote:AS Monaco watch:

Joao Moutinho - signed
James Rodriguez - signed
Ricardo Carvalho - signed
Radamel Falcao - medical
Victor Valdes - bid accepted
Fabio Coentrao - bid made
Bacary Sagna - enquiry
Nani - linked
Carlos Tevez - linked

My guess is that they'll also go after Hulk somewhere down the line

This could be them next year

http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/11304668/#

The disregard for FFP can't go unpunished. Not entirely convinced Platini cares as much about Monaco/PSG spending as he was Chelsea/City.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby cityfan31 » May 29th, '13, 09:04

Firstly, it won't work. Valdes is a shit keeper and teams never work when the whole team is bought in one summer.

Secondly, it makes me more relaxed for FFP because Monaco got about 6000 people through their gates last year and there is no way on this earth they will comply.

In other news, did you guys see City have bought a new football club? New York City Football Club. Great idea and a new revenue stream.
cityfan31
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SajN » May 29th, '13, 12:20

cityfan31 wrote:Firstly, it won't work. Valdes is a shit keeper

No, he's not.

Sure, he isn't the best out there, but he is far from shit.
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Francesco » May 29th, '13, 13:54

Innovation wrote:
Francesco wrote:
cityfan31 wrote:It's a 3 year average that counts, either beginning in 2013-2014 or maybe this season just passed was the first year in the calculation. You are not allowed to lose more than £45 million over that 3 year period. So having just spent 110 million, they have to turnover at least 60 million in profit this year and then break even for the next 2 years, spending no more money. Tall order.
I don't really understand why they brought these rules in. At least there are now 2 or 3 clubs spending more than Man City and if anyone is going to be banned it won't be us first.

So basically all teams that start the big spending at this point are gonna be in trouble....Monaco just missed the good 'ol days free spending... lol I thought they'll count the last few years too if it started from now on but I guess it doesn't matter at all.

Monaco and PSG are in some serious trouble with FFP. Platini having to ban a French club from Europe is going to be a great sight. City aren't too great either. That's the reason why City and Chelsea did a post-season tour of the US, for money. We recouped some of the cash we lost from going out of the CL group stages.

Funnily enough, Chelsea are actually in a very healthy position. We can still spend quite large and remain well within UEFA's regulations. Obviously the fact that we have one of the highest turnovers in world football is a major help. Once we get a new stadium sorted (which isn't counted as an expenditure in FFP), we'll be set for the foreseeable future (with or without Roman).

Francesco, if you want to learn more about FFP, I'd recommend reading this. It's specific to Chelsea (and a year old), but there's a lot of information regarding how FFP works in there.

Thanks Inno... :y:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Innovation » May 29th, '13, 21:30

Hesky wrote:Joe Hart is incredibly overrated.

Totally forgot about the England game. Last day of my second year in uni and I'm pretty tipsy haha.

Nice to know AC was the captain, mind. :y:
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Innovation » May 30th, '13, 02:02

Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Francesco » May 30th, '13, 09:23

Rollefsen wrote:Much talk about Suarez + Madrid.
If this is true, and Bale is coming, Real will almost match Neymar in terms of diving transfers

Honestly you came close... Real gotta do a lot to match Barca overall now so I expect them to add some of the big names out there to their roster.
Messi & Neymar is gonna be something else... I still can't believe that shit & I'm not even a Barca fan.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby SajN » May 30th, '13, 09:34

Francesco wrote:Messi & Neymar is gonna be something else... I still can't believe that shit & I'm not even a Barca fan.

Hopefully they work together, and it doesn't become a disaster, though.

If it goes very well the first few official matches, no doubt many Barca fans will be like "omg, it was a smart thing to buy Neymar", etc., but I don't wanna get excited already in the beginning. I wanna see how it turns out after at least one half season, when Neymar gets to know his team, and his opponents better.
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby SajN » May 30th, '13, 09:54

Revolutionary wrote:Are goalkeeper + defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Barca's goalkeeper and defense
Benzema > Villa
Ozil = Iniesta (and anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves. I actually think he's way better)
Alonso = Bosquets (only saying that because Alonso's aging is beginning to show)
Di Maria > Alexis
Modric > Fabregas

I actually agree with this, except Ozil = Iniesta.

I think Iniesta is slightly better, but that is just my opinion.

You forgot the most important one, though.

Messi > C. Ronaldo :shifty:
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby SajN » May 30th, '13, 09:58

Revolutionary wrote:LOL fuck you, SajN. I didn't bring them up out of respect :shakehead:

Haha, I am just messing with you :flower:
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Francesco » May 30th, '13, 10:17

SajN wrote:
Francesco wrote:Messi & Neymar is gonna be something else... I still can't believe that shit & I'm not even a Barca fan.

Hopefully they work together, and it doesn't become a disaster, though.
If it goes very well the first few official matches, no doubt many Barca fans will be like "omg, it was a smart thing to buy Neymar", etc., but I don't wanna get excited already in the beginning. I wanna see how it turns out after at least one half season, when Neymar gets to know his team, and his opponents better.

I know what you mean little homie... but people mostly judge on Neymar regarding Robinho comparisons & the fact he's never been as hot for Brazil as he's been for Santos. The thing is Neymar is far ahead of Robinho in his prime & like I've said a lotta great players have had troubles playing for their counties... esp. as Brazil's current team is nowhere near to what it was like 10 years ago or something. I mean Brazil use to have like at least 10 totally outstanding forwards that would fight for 2-3 spots while now Neymar has the likes of Fred & Costa to play with.

I hope he's gonna fit from day one too 'cuz like I said earlier Barca really is the team he belongs too. Too many space & too many great passers around him in a team that scores so many goals... plus Messi above all. Neymar is extraordinary & I do strongly believe he's gonna thrive in Barca. The other thing is he's way more explosive & pacy than most great talents coming outta Brazil which makes him way better for European football. Weird enough he's a mix of everything & literally looks like a Brazil-Argentine pack of talent & a modern version of Ronaldo (the Brazilian one) kinda.

Revolutionary wrote:
Francesco wrote:
Rollefsen wrote:Much talk about Suarez + Madrid.
If this is true, and Bale is coming, Real will almost match Neymar in terms of diving transfers

Honestly you came close... Real gotta do a lot to match Barca overall now so I expect them to add some of the big names out there to their roster.

Are goalkeeper + defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Barca's goalkeeper and defense
Benzema > Villa
Ozil = Iniesta (and anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves. I actually think he's way better)
Alonso = Bosquets (only saying that because Alonso's aging is beginning to show)
Di Maria > Alexis
Modric > Fabregas
Are problem is with substitutes which is why RM are aiming to buy players who will be willing to sit on the bench.
Back in the early 2000s we had the greatest players in the world but we didn't win shit. The teamwork is what matters at the end.

Rev football is not math & that's not how teams match up against each other. No disrespect of course.
They will worry about the point gap way more than anything else plus Real's new team won't be as solid defensively as the one of Mou so it's a big task for Real from now on indeed. I don't even take sides making this point so don't look it like I'm a biased Barca fan or whatever.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Arena