The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Official Tennis Thread

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: Official Tennis Thread 2012

Postby Stanforever » Jun 30th, '12, 03:53

@Innvotion
Roddick will play Ferrer today and its gonna be tough. Ferrer is in the form of his life.
i'd rather be hated for who i am than loved for who i am not-Kurt Cobain
Stanforever
Soldier
Soldier

Postby JustEnjoytheMusic » Jun 30th, '12, 08:28

Amadeo wrote:
JustEnjoytheMusic wrote:
Hesky wrote:I just don't like Andy Murray, at all.

Who does :p ? When he comes close to lose, he always acts as if something hurts him and then when manages to bounce back, that "pain" is gone all of a sudden. And he doesn't respect other players. It's good to be confident about your own skills, but dismissing others is sort of a no-no for me.

I've seen Djokovic do this plenty of times before. He did it in his semi-final against Murray in the Australian Open.

What evidence do you have that Murray doesn't respect the other players? In most interviews, he has nothing but praise for Nadal, Federer and Djokovic.

Maybe, I just have the talent of watching him when he's got a bad day, I don't know... I don't watch him often outside of the tennis court.
Honestly, last year or the year before I felt sorry for him in Wimbledon. There was so much pressure on him especially from England's press, I really felt like...."Damn, poor guy!"
Other than that, he's a really great player. I'd never dismiss that.

Anybody watched the Roddick/Federer final in Wimbledon a few years ago (Federer won)? It was brutal. Same thing goes for the Nadal/Federer final I think a year before (Nadal won). That evening, we had terrible weather and the TV broke (satellite didn't work) during the last set... I was nearly crying (because I couldn't watch it) and pulled up a live ticker on the internet. I did cry when Nadal won and I was that involved into the game, I broke into sweat :laughing: . It was crazy. Probably two of the most epic tennis games I ever watched.
JustEnjoytheMusic
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Innovation » Jun 30th, '12, 11:33

Stanforever wrote:@Innvotion
Roddick will play Ferrer today and its gonna be tough. Ferrer is in the form of his life.

Yep. Roddick will do well to beat him. Should be a good game.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Innovation » Jun 30th, '12, 16:06

What a game that was between Williams and Zheng.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Stanforever » Jun 30th, '12, 16:36

^That was a great match. Womens tennis has been very lame nowadays and we don't get to see these kind of matches anymore.

I really miss Henin.

Edit: They are not showing Roddick's match here :facepalm . He has won a set already. :worship:
Last edited by Stanforever on Jul 2nd, '12, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
Stanforever
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Innovation » Jun 30th, '12, 18:53

Roddick is out. :(

He came out firing in the first set and took it 6-2. He should have won the second set also. Novak to win!
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby EminemInsider » Jul 1st, '12, 04:53

JustEnjoytheMusic wrote:
Hesky wrote:I just don't like Andy Murray, at all.

Who does :p ? When he comes close to lose, he always acts as if something hurts him and then when manages to bounce back, that "pain" is gone all of a sudden. And he doesn't respect other players. It's good to be confident about your own skills, but dismissing others is sort of a no-no for me.

I've been an avid fan of tennis and especially Federer (I'm Swiss, so that's a given :) - one of the few internationally successful sportsmen we have and definitely the best we EVER had) since 2006. However, Nadal and Djokovic deserve a whole lot of respect (and I like their personalities - the all three of them seem to respect each other very much; at least, now they do. There was greater rivalry between Nadal and Federer when they were younger and than between Federer and Djokovic when Nole was climbing on top). Federer/Djokovic matches are always exciting - both have a fast, offensive style. I'm not too fond of Nadal's style, but the way he's capable of hitting the lines from impossible angles is mind-blowing (and frustrating if you root for the other player).

I'm hoping for Federer, of course, but the way Djokovic has been playing lately it's hard to imagine another outcome than him winning. However, tennis is nothing if not unpredictable. I'm looking forward to the outcome.

If you're complaining about gamesmanship, Nadal is the king of that. He's taken countless "injury timeouts" when he was struggling/losing in Grand Slam matches.

"?My knee suddenly hurts, no?"

He is notorious for making his opponents wait for him before the start of the match...he's always last to take the court. He spends about 30 seconds between points picking his ass and then bounces the ball about 50 times, before taking about 15 seconds to start his service delivery. He violates the time limit on nearly every serve.

Then you throw in the obvious on court coaching by "Uncle Toni," who seems like a shady character to me in general. And I don't believe his injury excuses at all. He or Uncle Toni will claim he has devastating knee injuries, and then the next time you see him, he'll be running like a gazelle without even having his knees taped. Robin Soderling redlined and hit him off the court at the 09 French Open, and then the Nadal camp tainted his victory by pretending Nadal had devastating knee problems. It's all mind games with him.

I'd never root for Nadal's style of play to begin with, but all the other crap surrounding him just makes me root for just about every one of his opponents.

Murray seems pretty benign to me. He's a little annoying on court when he reacts after nearly every shot, especially when he celebrates his opponents' unforced errors...but that's probably Brad Gilbert's fault, anyway.
Canning: What will it say on your tombstone?
Charlie Sheen: Something dot com.

Canibus & Eminem Converse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWB62t2_wJE
EminemInsider
Soldier
Soldier

Postby MikeNUFC » Jul 1st, '12, 13:08

Yeah, Nadal's style is one of the most irritating in the sport. His slowing of the game down at every opportunity is a joke. In that Rosol match he was moaning to the umpire because Rosol was moving around when Nadal was serving. I mean, really?

This is probably the most interesting Wimbledon for years because all the top players look beatable, and everyone on Nadal's half is realising what a chance they have now. Especially players like Ferrer, Del Potro and Tsonga.

It'll still probably be a Murray/Djok final but it's more interesting than usual. I'd absolutely love Federer to win more Wimbledon.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Innovation » Jul 1st, '12, 13:10

MikeNUFC wrote:Yeah, Nadal's style is one of the most irritating in the sport. His slowing of the game down at every opportunity is a joke. In that Rosol match he was moaning to the umpire because Rosol was moving around when Nadal was serving. I mean, really?

This is probably the most interesting Wimbledon for years because all the top players look beatable, and everyone on Nadal's half is realising what a chance they have now. Especially players like Ferrer, Del Potro and Tsonga.

It'll still probably be a Murray/Djok final but it's more interesting than usual. I'd absolutely love Federer to win more Wimbledon.

Murray will do well to get past Tsonga, he's brilliant on grass.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby MikeNUFC » Jul 1st, '12, 13:12

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Tsonga get through to be honest. It's about time he made a final. Could have easily beaten Djokovic at last years semi final. Plus he's always good to watch.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Stanforever » Jul 2nd, '12, 13:37

Federer took medical time out. WTF? :'(

Edit: Federer won but i don't think he will go any further. Still hope he would reach semi-finals.
And Clijsters is out so, i'm pretty much done with womens tennis.
Stanforever
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemInsider » Jul 2nd, '12, 23:17

Federer's a warrior, though. He's never retired from a match in his career. The way he was killing Malisse with placement when he could no longer take full swings was insane. I don't know if that would work against Djokovic, but he's showing why he's the GOAT in this tournament.
Canning: What will it say on your tombstone?
Charlie Sheen: Something dot com.

Canibus & Eminem Converse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWB62t2_wJE
EminemInsider
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ku53v » Jul 3rd, '12, 16:16

Now that Del Potro and nadal are out I don't care who wins or loses
Ku53v
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Stanforever » Jul 4th, '12, 15:18

Straight forward wins for both Federer and Djoker. Looking forward for their match in the semi-final.

^I actually feel Ferrer is playing better than Tsonga and has a better chance to reach finals.
Stanforever
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sam. » Jul 4th, '12, 20:29

With Nadal's loss, Federer has a shot at the title.
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Arena