The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Official Tennis Thread

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: Official Tennis Thread 2012

Postby MikeNUFC » Jun 29th, '12, 12:10

Innovation wrote:
Hesky wrote:
To get humiliated by Djokovic.

With Murray's recent form I think he'll struggle to make it to the final. I hope he never wins a Grand Slam.

Same.

Out of interest, why?

I've never understood the Murray hate.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby MikeNUFC » Jun 29th, '12, 12:23

His mum watches in the crowd =/= mummy's boy

Spoilt ginger twat? Haven't a clue whether he's spoilt or not. Ginger? Don't really care.

Sulking prick? He sulks when he loses. So do I. He's competitive.

Hates England? Once said, he'll be supporting whoever England are playing. A light hearted comment which everyone in England took personally and never got over.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Innovation » Jun 29th, '12, 12:34

MikeNUFC wrote:
Innovation wrote:
Hesky wrote:
To get humiliated by Djokovic.

With Murray's recent form I think he'll struggle to make it to the final. I hope he never wins a Grand Slam.

Same.

Out of interest, why?

I've never understood the Murray hate.

I don't hate him, he just comes across as miserable. I didn't mean I hope he never wins a Grand Slam, I just wouldn't care too much if he did as I don't follow him. It'd be nice to see a Brit win a slam though. I think he has one of the best returns of serve in the game.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby MikeNUFC » Jun 29th, '12, 14:07

So most of the reason you dislike him is because of his mum? How is any of that his fault? I think she's a total cunt, but doesn't have anything to do with him.

Why would you want the Wimbledon crowd support? Most of them are middle class dullards, who think someone in the crowd catching the ball is the funniest thing in the world. They liked Henman because he was boring and safe. He's easy to support because he's a nice boy, who they would like if their daughter brang him home.

I don't care about footballers swearing on the pitch, I don't care about tennis players doing it.

Considering how elitist/snobby the whole tournament is, it's nice to have a Brit who isn't as dull as a plank of wood and expresses his frustration.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Stanforever » Jun 29th, '12, 14:14

Lol @ Murray hate. I'm not a fan of him but, i wish he would win atleast one grand slam in his carrier.
i'd rather be hated for who i am than loved for who i am not-Kurt Cobain
Stanforever
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Innovation » Jun 29th, '12, 14:47

Hesky wrote:I think Andy Murray is one of the most dull players in tennis today.

In terms of personality, he is.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby MikeNUFC » Jun 29th, '12, 15:53

I can't see anyone but Djokovic winning this, though. He's an absolute machine.

I'd love Fed to get one more Wimbledon win, though.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Innovation » Jun 29th, '12, 16:20

MikeNUFC wrote:I can't see anyone but Djokovic winning this, though. He's an absolute machine.

I'd love Fed to get one more Wimbledon win, though.

He's quickly becoming one of my favourite players. He's extremely talented but there's no arrogance about him. His return game is fantastic, probably up there with Murray's.

The only players who'd have a chance against him (in my opinion) is Murray and Tsonga. Tsonga was agonizingly close to knocking Novak out in the French.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Innovation » Jun 29th, '12, 16:47

Hesky wrote:Djokovic has been my favourite player since his 5 setter with Baghdatis at Wimbledon in 2007. One of the best matches I've ever seen.

Amadeo wrote:What sort of personality do you admire, then?

Humble, respectable, with a pinch of inner intensity. Charisma is a bonus though I agree.

I just don't like Andy Murray, at all.

Pretty much described Djokovic. :y:
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Stanforever » Jun 29th, '12, 16:54

I'm a big Clijsters fan. I want her to win this slam as this is her last year.
Stanforever
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Stanforever » Jun 29th, '12, 18:23

Federer lost 1st set against some unknown player. Fuck shit.
Stanforever
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Innovation » Jun 29th, '12, 21:22

Great comeback from Roger. I didn't watch the full game, but credit must go to Benneteau for pushing Roger that far.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby JustEnjoytheMusic » Jun 30th, '12, 01:08

Hesky wrote:I just don't like Andy Murray, at all.

Who does :p ? When he comes close to lose, he always acts as if something hurts him and then when manages to bounce back, that "pain" is gone all of a sudden. And he doesn't respect other players. It's good to be confident about your own skills, but dismissing others is sort of a no-no for me.

I've been an avid fan of tennis and especially Federer (I'm Swiss, so that's a given :) - one of the few internationally successful sportsmen we have and definitely the best we EVER had) since 2006. However, Nadal and Djokovic deserve a whole lot of respect (and I like their personalities - the all three of them seem to respect each other very much; at least, now they do. There was greater rivalry between Nadal and Federer when they were younger and than between Federer and Djokovic when Nole was climbing on top). Federer/Djokovic matches are always exciting - both have a fast, offensive style. I'm not too fond of Nadal's style, but the way he's capable of hitting the lines from impossible angles is mind-blowing (and frustrating if you root for the other player).

I'm hoping for Federer, of course, but the way Djokovic has been playing lately it's hard to imagine another outcome than him winning. However, tennis is nothing if not unpredictable. I'm looking forward to the outcome.
JustEnjoytheMusic
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Stanforever » Jun 30th, '12, 02:36

Innovation wrote:Great comeback from Roger. I didn't watch the full game, but credit must go to Benneteau for pushing Roger that far.

I watched first two sets went to sleep. I was almost crying lol. It would've been a disaster if he had lost.
Stanforever
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemInsider » Jun 30th, '12, 03:30

Love that Nadal was monumentally upset. Can't wait to hear what injury excuse his camp comes up with this time.

I can't believe Rosol has that kind of fire power. 100th in the world coming in...mostly played on the challenger circuit. He'll probably lose tomorrow, which is the funny thing about these kinds of things.

Federer's shots don't penetrate on grass the way they used to. Think the courts have been slowed down even more since they first changed the grass back in 2002ish (actually, think the first change was 2001, but it wasn't nearly as slow as the next year's edition). Djokovic seems quite beatable right now, though.
Canning: What will it say on your tombstone?
Charlie Sheen: Something dot com.

Canibus & Eminem Converse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWB62t2_wJE
EminemInsider
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Arena