The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

2012 Olympics Thread

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: 2012 Olympics Thread

Postby SajN » Aug 5th, '12, 22:22

Oh, right, lmao.

Thanks for correcting me.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Sam. » Aug 5th, '12, 22:37

It's good to see India finally getting 3 medals. We almost had one more, but were denied, due to circumstances that pissed me off.

Hockey was a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGG flop. Fucking, I had high hopes on them, and they lost. Boxing is our last hope now. C'mon, one Gold, please.
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Sam. » Aug 5th, '12, 22:54

His height is his advantage, his long legs(no homo) is very helpful in executing long strides.

In general, tall athletes do have advantage. They are mostly skinny as fuck, leaving less total mass to work on.
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Sam. » Aug 5th, '12, 23:41

Depends on the build of the body. If you're over weight, or just healthy, moving like this is definitely gonna be a problem. But bolts different. Same applies to Phelps.
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Emadyville » Aug 7th, '12, 18:57

Sam. wrote:His height is his advantage, his long legs(no homo) is very helpful in executing long strides.

In general, tall athletes do have advantage. They are mostly skinny as fuck, leaving less total mass to work on.

being tall is an advantage in nearly every sport.
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Emadyville » Aug 7th, '12, 19:34

^ i think certain people are made for different sports (not actually made obviously, but are 'perfect' for them)

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Emadyville » Aug 7th, '12, 19:40

Menzo wrote:
Emadyville wrote:^ i think certain people are made for different sports (not actually made obviously, but are 'perfect' for them)

Oh yeah, definitely.

You were right, by the way. Being tall these days help you get noticed and excel in sports way more than it once used to.

I mean in basketball (every position these days) and football (offense, defense, qb or lineman are all better if taller), baseball for pitching specifically but other positions as well...those are the 3 main american sports so thats all i got, but for all of them its a huge advantage. Actually have a story about being tall i'll tell you tonight if you're on, it may sorta blow your mind,

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Emadyville » Aug 7th, '12, 19:49

Menzo wrote:I figured basketball and football required a pretty decent height. Baseball though..I've seen some fat motherfuckers there lol.

Word, tell me later. If it doesn't blow my mind, I'm gonna suggest SajN to demod you.

no it will, maybe i can give the short version now and be done with it.

A kid who was 7'0" played in the valley but in a diff conference than me, he was a senior when i was a soph. The top 25 scorers list was from all conferences in the valley, I was on the list as a soph avg 14 a game, he wasnt on the list. Pittsburgh was the only D1 school to recruit him cause he was slow, kinda fat and obviously didnt avg much for being fucking 7 feet. He lost weight, got better, and then got drafted. He played with the bulls, the hornets, and idk who he is with now. His name is aaron gray, look him up. But its crazy cause i scored more than him that year as a soph and more in my career by a lot (i ended with 1,263 he didn't even score 1,000) and that dude plays in the nba now, and makes like 3 mill a year, only cause he was tall and got a chance.

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Emadyville » Aug 7th, '12, 20:00

I saw the highlights from that game, was fuckin nuts. weird cause im in the US and you're in canada haha

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Emadyville » Aug 7th, '12, 20:04

Menzo wrote:
Emadyville wrote:I saw the highlights from that game, was fuckin nuts. weird cause im in the US and you're in canada haha

I know haha, there was some beautiful goals that game. It was really exciting for women's soccer, tbh. Usually I would never give it a second look but I really enjoyed how Canada played throughout, very promising and fun to watch.

yeah they didnt show the whole game, just the highlights, kinda annoying the coverage they have here

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Emadyville » Aug 7th, '12, 20:11

Menzo wrote:Word? Usually I have terrible sports coverage with my cable but we actually have four channels dedicated to the Olympics, it's wild.

we do too but they dont have the games on 24/7 like they should

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Sam. » Aug 7th, '12, 20:30

Menzo wrote:
Sam. wrote:Depends on the build of the body. If you're over weight, or just healthy, moving like this is definitely gonna be a problem. But bolts different. Same applies to Phelps.

No. That's wrong. It doesn't depend on anything.

The fact is, someone who is 6'5", no matter what, should not be able to move like he does. He's literally just a twisted freak of nature defying the odds of genetics. Every athlete is healthy...Usain's start is terrible because he's so tall, he's always the last one out of the gates.

That's not applicable to Phelps either, tall people have always excelled exceptionally in swimming.

It does, when it comes to athletes at least. They train themselves, stretching every fabric of the human body to the fullest potential. A person who's that tall normally would have problems while becoming a athlete. But with regular practice and medication, they can achieve great rhythm and balance in the sport they train for. We humans are built to do such things that go beyond the limits. Look at the Chinese, motherfuckers train in torture cells. No matter how tall, short they are, you find them fit for any sport. They are put through a series of procedures till they achieve the perfect weight and body mass for there height. Once you do that, you're set. Just imagine that you are made to play football with kids in very small place(In height and width) How would you play? Answer is similar, by adapting to the environment. The same is for Bolt. He knew that he was tall and that might just be a hurdle in his way, so, he adapted his body build in a such a way that suited his height and put him in the status of a normal height-ed athlete. As for Phelps, his height has a advantage, since he cover a larger part of the swimming track, lmao.
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby momentsgolden » Aug 7th, '12, 22:06

Now Usain wants to trial for Man United :p That final was epic.... too bad Powel had to be injured
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sam. » Aug 7th, '12, 22:39

India on the verge of getting 5 Medals, feeling proud that we're getting something rather than nothing.
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Innovation » Aug 7th, '12, 22:56

momentsgolden wrote:Now Usain wants to trial for Man United :p That final was epic.... too bad Powel had to be injured

Haha, imagine that though. His speed would tear defences apart. :p
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Arena