The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Official Football Thread. Season - 13/14

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: Official Football Thread. Pre-season - 13/14

Postby Francesco » Jun 2nd, '13, 23:38

Innovation wrote:
Francesco wrote:I wasn't impressed with both teams... it's kinda early but I don't see Brazil as favorites for the world cup at all.

Same. Spain and Germany have to be the favourites. Brazil's team is good on paper, but they're not performing great together.

The shocking thing would be if Argentina goes as bookies' hot favorite for the title... they are by far my fave to win it at this point.

Innovation wrote:Another season, another thread. Time flies.

Indeed homie!

Devil'sAdvocate wrote:United for the treble! we can do it with the right additions and I think Rooney will stay,he just needs to stay fit..........

I don't know if I should dare to dream about all that but... :y:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby SajN » Jun 3rd, '13, 00:01

Now this thread is so hard to find in 'View Active Topics' because the OP's name doesn't have the same color as mine, making it not stand out :(
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Francesco » Jun 3rd, '13, 00:03

SajN wrote:Now this thread is so hard to find in 'View Active Topics' because the OP's name doesn't have the same color as mine, making it not stand out :(

Plus I kinda felt uncomfortable when posted about the Brazil vs. England game 'cuz of the title of the thread tbh. lol
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Ku53v » Jun 3rd, '13, 02:05

Francesco wrote:The shocking thing would be if Argentina goes as bookies' hot favorite for the title... they are by far my fave to win it at this point.

i can't even imagine argentina winning it
our current defense is rojo-garay-fernandez-zabaleta, thats even worse than the one maradona put out lol and they rely on messi to do everything on the offensive end
Ku53v
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Jun 3rd, '13, 09:47

Ku53v wrote:
Francesco wrote:The shocking thing would be if Argentina goes as bookies' hot favorite for the title... they are by far my fave to win it at this point.

our current defense is rojo-garay-fernandez-zabaleta, thats even worse than the one maradona put out lol and they rely on messi to do everything on the offensive end

I agree about the defence but the midfield players are on point & the one in attack are second to none though... Messi, Aguero, Higuain, Tevez, Lamela etc. etc.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Guess_Who » Jun 3rd, '13, 09:51

Ku53v wrote:

You are from Argentina? :o No sabía. Hablas muy bien inglés. I always thought you were from the U.S.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Francesco » Jun 3rd, '13, 10:36

Guess_Who wrote:
Ku53v wrote:

You are from Argentina? :o No sabía. Hablas muy bien inglés. I always thought you were from the U.S.

He is from Argentina & Estudiantes de La Plata is the team of his heart. :y:
I've been honored to have him as a friend & we've been DM-ing football stuff for more than two years now... a few very detailed DM's a week at some point.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Guess_Who » Jun 3rd, '13, 10:55

:y: There are not many people here Spanish speakers. But I'm sure most of them would check this thread, lol. Now I remembered he already told me he is from Argentina :facepalm . I have the worst memory ever. I might need to ask 4 more times.

To go on topic. Valdés will continue in Barça, most likely.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Francesco » Jun 3rd, '13, 11:02

Guess_Who wrote: :y: There are not many people here Spanish speakers. But I'm sure most of them would check this thread, lol. Now I remembered he already told me he is from Argentina :facepalm . I have the worst memory ever. I might need to ask 4 more times.

To go on topic. Valdés will continue in Barça, most likely.

You made me laugh... lol

I thought so too about Valdes 'cuz they said they were looking for a goalie in a long term & honestly I couldn't see someone on the market ready to start right from this new season... We'll see though.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Innovation » Jun 3rd, '13, 11:15

Lello wrote:
I also hope the Schurrle deal falls off, I'd prefer Kevin De Bruyne coming back from loan and getting his chance

I saw that on WAGNH. We're overloaded with talent in that position. Yes Schurrle is an exciting prospect, but we need to address the weaker areas in our squad.

Lello wrote:Rafa is gone now, Mourinho landed in Heathrow and has finally broke the silence and said he will be Chelsea's manager by the end of the week, which is something very important and SPECIAL to all Chelsea fans.

It's going to mean everything to us; I just want to hear the breaking news! Although I've always hoped, I never expected Jose to come home. I'm still going to hold out my celebrations until it's announced.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Francesco » Jun 3rd, '13, 11:23

Mou push for De Rossi... Damn!
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Francesco » Jun 3rd, '13, 11:33

Lello wrote:@francesco, it's just rumors, but if it's true, I'll be so freaking happy! that guy is class

It suppose to be just a rumor but one of Roma's directors, Baldini is in London for a few days now so it's getting fishy. De Rossi had a bad season but he's class indeed... the thing is he'll be 30 later in the summer.
I'll be definitely sad if he left Roma.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Francesco » Jun 3rd, '13, 12:19

Lello wrote:wow! I had no idea about that ^ I also heard some Roma fans abused him during a game against Lazio which is the main reason why he wants to leave or sth like that, but I don't follow enough Italian football to know if that's true or not, I hope the deal goes through, if it does, I'll finally get over Meireles leaving

I know... there was a lotta drama after that loss. Like I said he had a bad season overall with many bad games & bad attitude at times so a lotta the chants were deserved to be honest.
Anyway he could be easily one of the best in the world as holding midfielder under Mourinho so if the deal goes through you'd definitely get over Meireles.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Francesco » Jun 3rd, '13, 12:32

Rollefsen wrote:
Menzo wrote:Really hope we can land Higuain.

Fucking hell :( I'm really really realllllly gonna miss this guy.. Such an awesome player.
But good that he is possibly going to Juve. I have a feeling he'll do good there.

I agree... & consistent too.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby SajN » Jun 3rd, '13, 12:35

Rollefsen wrote:
SajN wrote:Now this thread is so hard to find in 'View Active Topics' because the OP's name doesn't have the same color as mine, making it not stand out :(

You could always just... Give me color... :shifty:

Or I can just use my powers to change the OP from you to me :shifty:

Shame on Juventus' fanbase (not all of them of course) for all the racist chants towards Balotelli.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Arena