The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

College football

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: College football

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 11th, '13, 02:35

Ikr?
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
Jimmy Conway, on someone placing a bid on Eminem's old home wrote:Koolo will probably buy it and have an orgy with all the studio leak worshipers in it and then burn it down because not enough people answered his "Do you like me buying this house" poll.
"Everybody want the key and the secret to rap immortality like I have got.."
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Nov 11th, '13, 19:12

Nah bruh we go to January
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 11th, '13, 19:21

bigray wrote:I didnt know how big college football is in the US until they were talking about all the empty seats in the US NHL games this morning on TSN 1200 which is a local hockey station.. Its pretty much all hockey...they also said that the NBA has even more empty seats currently in the US over hockey.

I guess college football is that big of deal in the US.

It's basically a way of life in the South. And in Alabama, you are going for either Auburn or Alabama at birth. The rivalry is something serious.

Much better than Michigan/Ohio State. *looking at you class* :shifty:
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
Jimmy Conway, on someone placing a bid on Eminem's old home wrote:Koolo will probably buy it and have an orgy with all the studio leak worshipers in it and then burn it down because not enough people answered his "Do you like me buying this house" poll.
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Nov 11th, '13, 19:28

Not even reasonable. No one will disagree our rivalry is the biggest

http://espn.go.com/endofcentury/s/other/bestrivalries.html
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Nov 11th, '13, 19:39

We have ~105,000 people for every home game
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 11th, '13, 21:09

Lol, I won't argue with you about it. ESPN jacks off to Ohio State so I'm not surprised that article thinks it's the best rivalry..but it's not. We don't have any professional sports teams in Alabama and both teams are in the same state so all people care about is that game.
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Nov 11th, '13, 21:28

And you don't think all people care about this game? Ohio and Michigan are both way more into college than pros. All of Ohio bands together every year for that game. We spray paint every m on our entire campus, get hammered and jump into a freezing cold lake because fuck michigan. Did you even read the article?

"But it got even hotter in 1969, when Bo Schembechler took over as Michigan's coach and upset Woody Hayes' No. 1-ranked, undefeated Buckeyes. Four times in the next six years, both teams were ranked in the top five when they met. In 1970 and 1973, both were undefeated (they tied 10-10 in '73). From 1970 through 1975, Michigan entered without a loss every year. The Wolverines won just once. Ohio State was 9-0-1 in 1993, 11-0 in 1995 and 10-0 in 1996. The Buckeyes lost each time."

And that's not even counting when we both were undefeated in 2006 in the most hyped football game ever and the true game of the century. The Iron Bowl is a good rivalry but ours is called The Game for a reason. It needs no other description
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 11th, '13, 21:42

Nah I know Ohio State Michigan is cared about by tons of people. I think it's the second best rivalry in college football.

There's tons of stories about people doing crazy things over the Iron Bowl like that. The ESPN 30 for 30 on the Iron Bowl did a good job to show the hatred between the teams, but just barely scratched the surface. I get into heated discussions every time I'm around my Auburn friends lol.

Both are amazing rivalries and we're both biased because we've grown up in them, I'm guessing. There's no right or wrong answer, except in our eyes.
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Nov 11th, '13, 21:56

I mean I understand that you hate Auburn and that your's is a big rivalry but the amount of huge games between our teams and the amount of times we've ruined each others seasons aren't even comparable.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 11th, '13, 22:00

Like I said, agree to disagree lol.

I'm sure a random rivalry like South Carolina/Clemson has been of great importance to those teams but most people think Army/Navy is a bigger rivalry, for example, and we know those teams usually don't have a lot to play for (especially Army in recent years) besides pride in that game.
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Nov 14th, '13, 18:22

I won't happen. If there was any substance to the accusation it would have been dealt with months ago.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 14th, '13, 21:58

Don't think anything will come of it. I was talking to my friend, an Auburn fan, about this last night and we both agreed that this wouldn't have came to light if he wasn't having such a good season. My friend compared it to the Scam Newton situation a few years back and how nothing came of it. Still sucks to have something like this brought up tho. :/
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Nov 17th, '13, 16:19

Duke > FSU
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 17th, '13, 23:49

Auburn is the luckiest team in college football. I never get my hopes up about them losing, even if it seems obvious, cause they'll always pull something out their ass and that hail mary was just.. SMH. :facepalm2

We looked TERRIBLE against MSU but I guess its good to get four turnovers out of your system. Iron Bowl gonna be a showdown.
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby OneOneSix » Nov 17th, '13, 23:50

I love what Cutcliffe has done at Duke. Tennessee should have hired him. FSU is going to rape them anally, however.
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Arena