The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

NBA 2014 Offseason

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread

Postby Arrinef » Jun 16th, '14, 04:08

Emadyville wrote:yeah damn, i mean to be that dominant a team to win 5 in 15 years with basically the same guys is amazing

Hell yeah,
much respect

---- Image-----
Arrinef
Knight Rider
Knight Rider

Postby Emadyville » Jun 16th, '14, 04:10

Arrinef wrote:
Emadyville wrote:yeah damn, i mean to be that dominant a team to win 5 in 15 years with basically the same guys is amazing

Hell yeah,
much respect

im curious to see who retires or goes onto another team from the spurs and heat after this
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Arrinef » Jun 16th, '14, 04:15

Emadyville wrote:
Arrinef wrote:

Hell yeah,
much respect

im curious to see who retires or goes onto another team from the spurs and heat after this

my bets are on green or bonner. everytime they're interviewed its almost like they want to "experience more"

duncan, ginobli, and parker are invested in san antonio as em is with detroit

---- Image-----
Arrinef
Knight Rider
Knight Rider

Postby Emadyville » Jun 16th, '14, 04:16

then it would come down to retirement, i mean duncans been playing like 17 years

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Arrinef » Jun 16th, '14, 04:21

all 3 should, well maybe not tony....yet

but i know duncan has his custom car shop in san antonio to fall back on its like the west coast customs of texas lol
http://www.blackjackspeedshop.com/index.htm

and manu has several restaurants
http://www.pericosgrill.com/

---- Image-----
Arrinef
Knight Rider
Knight Rider

Postby Fleka » Jun 16th, '14, 10:57

Much respect for Spurs. And Leonard...amazing.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Eedee » Jun 16th, '14, 14:06

Hehehehe

Now LeBron came come to LA
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Jun 16th, '14, 16:40

Eedee wrote:Hehehehe

Now LeBron came come to LA

heheheh
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Spyder » Jun 16th, '14, 17:17

i see Duncan retiring on a positive, i hope Green wouldnt leave he's a starter now and is fantastic. Manu... hes getting old idk bout him. Parker will continue though.

with the Heat, they may move some bench players, i know the big 3 came together for 'multiple' titles but technically thats been accomplished. I bet if they dont win next year though then they break up.
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby HotDawg » Jun 16th, '14, 17:47

Lebron going to bulls :P
HotDawg
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Hopsinshadie » Jun 16th, '14, 18:21

Emadyville wrote:then it would come down to retirement, i mean duncans been playing like 17 years

Doesn't matter. If you just won, you can still play.
Da MEDIA made into me a modern-day Genghis KHAN AT aint NO GAME DOG!
    Try to argue It was just entertainment dawg Entertainment DOG!
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr.DGAF » Jun 16th, '14, 22:28

Idk man, I think Miami would need some serious roster adjusting to be a threat for the title next year. They'll probably make it out of the ultra weak East again, but this roster will not win another championship. You compare this core to SA's and in some points it works, but I don't see Wade contributing at a high level for longer than perhaps this upcoming season. They don't have the bench talent to rest him and keep winning, and the big 3 make too much to add serious depth to the bench. Allen leaving would be big because he's actually making a nice chunk of change but still, without a serious overhaul I just don't see this team winning it all, and I don't see how the necessary overhaul could be made.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby classthe_king » Jun 17th, '14, 03:32

Aone10 wrote:I'm honestly lost for words, how the most efficient team in basketball and back to back champions can just fall apart and put on what is most likely the worst Finals performance ever (they lost by an average of 14 points per game) is just odd and mind boggling.

Regardless, I seriously doubt the Big 3 era is over. Pat Riley is more than likely going to take a page out of the Spurs book and build a young core around James, Wade, and Bosh. Both James and Wade have been to the Finals 5 times, with Bosh at 4.... that's more than enough veteran leadership to carry a young and athletic squad. As much respect as I have for all the older veterans on the team, we need to part ways with most of them as they are all ghosts of their former selves.... and it was apparent in the Finals. Battier is done, Allen and Lewis only had enough in the tank for the first 2 games, and guys like Oden and James Jones are doing nothing but taking up valuable space.

The only guys I'd keep are Haslem and Andersen, they are physically tough and great hustle players that provide a spark whenever their number is called. What we definitely need are younger consistent shooters than can keep up with guys like LeBron and can efficiently shoot the ball when left open.

It's not so much that we lost, but the way we lost that made it so disappointing. Joining the 3 peat club would've been something nice to brag about, but look at the Spurs, they've won 4 championships in the last 11 years (5 in the last 14) without a 3 peat. Miami has won 3 in the last 8 (with 5 finals appearances) so given the talent on the team right now, they will more than likely do something similar. It's all about keeping the big 3 together and building a solid young core around them that can assist them as they age, and I'm sure everybody from the big 3 themselves to the Miami Heat front office are aware of that.

Some people are bashing Spoelstra, but I think he did what he could with what he had. Sure, he should've added Haslem and Beasley to the rotation much earlier.... but it honestly wasn't going to change the outcome of the games. Perhaps the losses wouldn't have been so embarrassing, but the Spurs clearly had the edge with a young guy like Leonard stepping up and catapulting himself into the NBA elite and putting on an unexpected performance that earned him a Finals MVP award.

Miami and the Spurs were neck and neck in games 1 and 2 when Leonard was playing sub-par. He gathered himself for the last 3 games and played amazing basketball. Playing with such intensity and consistency while also handling the difficult task of guarding the best basketball player on the planet is just phenomenal.

It sucks that the series was so lob-sided, but it is what it is. I know I called the Spurs a retirement home a few pages back, but tbh, I should've called Miami that instead.

We'll be back next year though. ;)

I agree with everything you said. It's crazy how much the Spurs got out of every single player. Patty Mills produced more than Chalmers and Cole combined. The Heat need to rethink their "system" because this year their defense wasn't nearly as good as usual and their offense of let Lebron do everything and hope everyone else can make wide open shots when he's triple teamed just didn't work against another elite team. They really need to revamp during free agency and try and get players that can continue at that pace for a whole season.

And I can't believe I'm saying this but Miami's biggest problem right now is Lebrons #2. Resting Wade worked for about two weeks and then he was done so I really don't know what they're going to do about that. Bosh seems to be content having no aggressiveness whatsoever and just shooting jump shots. Obviously Miami are going to be contenders as long as they have Lebron, I really can't see them losing the East regardless, but the Spurs are a mountain right now that will take a lot of get over.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Emadyville » Jun 17th, '14, 04:23

i still dont understand how with that roster they couldnt take it to at least 7. they fell apart, they were tired and simply outplayed. i respect the heat even tho i hate them, they just didnt have what it took and it showed. old guys who play smart bball won it, and that's that. im curious to see what happens with both teams in the offseason more than anything

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Spyder » Jun 18th, '14, 01:27

heat too focused on the spread shooters to secure the arc after LJ drives. they need a real center, size, and D. perhaps a better point as well, someone who can find the big 3 quicker and easier.
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Arena