The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

2014 /2015 NHL Thread

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: 2014 /2015 NHL Thread (Draft on June 27)

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Jun 22nd, '14, 04:22

in
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Jun 22nd, '14, 04:30

bigray wrote:
PAINKILLƎR wrote:in

You're lucky af, your team will be good for the next 10 years.

yeah thanks, I know. We got youth and depth. Dynasty.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby HotDawg » Jun 27th, '14, 21:38

Don't watch a lot of hockey but I like the Hurricanes and have been in there stadium
HotDawg
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby CanadaPure » Aug 1st, '14, 01:49

The Canucks are fucked this year. I liked the return for Kesler, but still. Jesus we're in for a long season. My guess for our opening night roster:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Burrows - Bonino - Kassian
Higgins - Vey - Hansen
Matthias - Richardson - Dorsette
Sestito

Edler - Tanev
Bieksa - Hamhuis
Sbisa - Stanton
Weber

Miller
Lack

I liked grabbing Virtanen and McCann at the draft though. Adding to Shinkaruk and Horvat from last year.
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby CanadaPure » Aug 1st, '14, 02:07

bigray wrote:i'm not sure if i'd say you guys are fucked, I don't think the Canucks need a full rebuild, i think a mini re-tool is more like it. I like the path that van is taking right now, your line up looks pretty decent and there was also a little shake up for you guys in management.

As for my team, we just lost one of the top Centremans in the NHL and we got a bag of pucks for him, man the sens are going to do terrible this year especially now that our owner has put a "team budget" in place, it seems like all the stars want to leave our city, there's countless elite players from the sens who left, hossa, havlat, heater, Alfie, Spezza...see the trend? no one wants to play here because we have a welfare owner who cant spend any money, he's lost everything he owns, all he has left is hockey.

Outside of Turris and karlsson everyone else is a HUGE question mark :facepalm I'm really pissed off at how were looking right now....we were only a cpl pieces away from becoming an actual contender imo

I was very surprised at how bad the return was for Spezza. The return for Kesler was better, and he only gave us a two team list of teams he's accept a trade to (Chicago and Anaheim). Really had me shocked.

I'm pretty happy with how our management is shaping up though.
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby CanadaPure » Aug 1st, '14, 02:24

bigray wrote:Alex Chiasson <<<<<

yes, the return was pretty decent for Kesler, Nashville had a better offer for Spezza but he didn't want to go there and Florida was offering their first.

Habs offer pk 5.2m on a 1 year term and pk wants 8.5m...smh at montreal, thats quite embarrassing considering Markov will be making 5.5m next year.

The contract stuff works a little bit differently because it's through an arbitrator. Basically, PK comes in with an offer he knows is way too high, and the Habs come in with an offer that's way too low, and the arbitrator works to find a middle ground for them that makes sense.

If that's what they offered him as an actual contract it would be very insulting, but arbitration tends to work a little differently in that regard. They know they'll be paying more.
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby runSA » Sep 16th, '14, 00:55

Every year there is a team that is supposed to do great and miss the playoffs and a team that surprising everyone who do you guys think these teams will be
"This world is mine for the taking, make me king as we move toward a new world order"
-Eminem
RIP TR 2005-2014
We live on at http://www.hiphopshelter.com
runSA
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DetroitSkills » Sep 16th, '14, 03:57

in as fuck
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby DetroitSkills » Sep 16th, '14, 20:39

my wings are gonna be shit again, :flutter:
im still waiting for edmonton to have a breakout year as a team, they have the talent
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby runSA » Sep 17th, '14, 00:58

bigray wrote:I can see Pittsburgh not doing well, they really never addressed top winger to play along side with Crosby and with Neal being a 30+ goal guy and he's gone from the roster, pit could possibly not be a top tam in the east.

I don't see Pittsburgh winning the metropolitan this year because they have a new coach and a questionable defense as well as no Neal. And they are in a division with NYR, Columbus, Philadelphia which I believe are all playoff teams
"This world is mine for the taking, make me king as we move toward a new world order"
-Eminem
RIP TR 2005-2014
runSA
Soldier
Soldier

Postby runSA » Sep 17th, '14, 01:01

bigray wrote:Datsyuk and Zetterberg didn't play last year much, this year they're ready and Detroit has a solid group of young talent ready, they may not be a contender but this team is coached properly under Babcock and I never count Detroit out. Alfie is most likely done, his back is really bad.

Unfortunately don't know whats up with Edmonton but I tell you that if 25 games in and they're having the same problems, there's going to be some players who may get traded.

The wings always find some way to do well because Babcock is a good coach and Edmonton is underperforming because they lack a good defense
-Eminem
RIP TR 2005-2014
runSA
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DetroitSkills » Sep 17th, '14, 02:35

bigray wrote:Datsyuk and Zetterberg didn't play last year much, this year they're ready and Detroit has a solid group of young talent ready, they may not be a contender but this team is coached properly under Babcock and I never count Detroit out. Alfie is most likely done, his back is really bad.

Unfortunately don't know whats up with Edmonton but I tell you that if 25 games in and they're having the same problems, there's going to be some players who may get traded.

agreed, edmton will move players this year if they dont have success, theres no doubt in my mind, and ur right tbh u cant count detroit out, especially if they stay healthy, thats our biggest issue tbh
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby runSA » Sep 19th, '14, 04:04

bigray wrote:Camp started today for my Sens!!!

GO SENS GO!!!!!!

Good luck to your Sens as long as they dont beat The Rangers
-Eminem
RIP TR 2005-2014
runSA
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CanadaPure » Sep 20th, '14, 07:06

bigray wrote:Camp started today for my Sens!!!

GO SENS GO!!!!!!

Camp's officially started here too, preliminary lines looks like this for Vancouver:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Burrows - Bonino - Kassian
Higgins - Richardson - Hansen
Matthias - Horvat - Dorsette
Sestito - Vey

I expect Vey to make the roster over Horvat.
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby DetroitSkills » Sep 21st, '14, 07:48

gfs going to see the red wings training camp n im just sittn here like, the fuck bish
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Next

Return to Sports Arena