The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

2014 /2015 NHL Thread

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: 2014 /2015 NHL Thread (Preseason Has Started!)

Postby CanadaPure » Oct 8th, '14, 03:11

runSA wrote:
CanadaPure wrote:My friend from Sweden who comes here for school has a Zuccarello jersey from when he played with MODO in the SEL (now SHL). It's cool because the back has his full name on it. Zuccarello-Aasen.

I remember NHL 11 had his jersey like that for like 4 months

Lmao yeah I have an un-updated NHL 11 and it's like that.
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby runSA » Oct 8th, '14, 03:43

Season finally begins tomorrow
"This world is mine for the taking, make me king as we move toward a new world order"
-Eminem
RIP TR 2005-2014
We live on at http://www.hiphopshelter.com
runSA
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CanadaPure » Oct 8th, '14, 07:01

Nervous about Vancouver's season opener tbh. Starting forward lines:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Burrows - Bonino - Higgins
Richardson - Vey - Kassian
Dorsett - Matthias - Hansen

Sestito is our 13th forward. Bo Horvat is still with the organization but is currently injured. Not sure if he'll stick around, or just stay for a few games and then get sent back to junior so his contract can slide another year. I'm hoping he can bump Matthias off the 4th line (I don't like Matthias) and play 10-ish minutes a game as well as some PK time.
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 8th, '14, 10:30

runSA wrote:
DetroitSkills wrote:i own quite a few jerseys, vlad konstantinov, dom hasek(buffalo signed and red wing signed, also buffalo n red wing unsigned), chris osgood(red wings n NYI), patrick roy(colorado), curtis joseph(red wings), hank zetterberg, uhhh who else, oh Keith Tkachuk(st. louis), yzerman, federov, shanahan, and hull. i think thats it. :/ i needa get newer ones, like howie and nyquist, also i really want a yakupov one in the future

Having old ones is cool though because you can wear those to games and it shows that your a longtime fan. What I don't understand is people like my dad who owns a Messier jersey but wears a Zuccarello jersey to games

thats true, never looked at it that way dude :) thx tbh prolly saved me hundreds of dollars just now LOL
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 8th, '14, 10:36

CanadaPure wrote:Nervous about Vancouver's season opener tbh. Starting forward lines:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Burrows - Bonino - Higgins
Richardson - Vey - Kassian
Dorsett - Matthias - Hansen

Sestito is our 13th forward. Bo Horvat is still with the organization but is currently injured. Not sure if he'll stick around, or just stay for a few games and then get sent back to junior so his contract can slide another year. I'm hoping he can bump Matthias off the 4th line (I don't like Matthias) and play 10-ish minutes a game as well as some PK time.

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Tatar - Zetterberg - Abdelkader
Miller - Sheahan - Jurco
Cleary - Helm - Ferraro

WHAT!? these fucking guys are too DAMN OLD, honestly this is the shit that pisses me off, what a waste of cap and young talent, oh lets just keep our young guns in grand rapids to over ripen while retards who get like 5 points in 82 games get NHL time...so disappointing year after year we let our rookies rot, n keep old players who dont contribute. once franzen datsyuk and z retire its over, were screwed, done, toast, the equivalent to an overstimulated orgasm. Wish this would stop. - sincerely, every detroiter in existence. /rantover
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Oct 8th, '14, 19:12

san so gay shawks goin down

Kings #1 forever till infinity
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby CanadaPure » Oct 8th, '14, 19:17

DetroitSkills wrote:Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Miller - Sheahan - Jurco
Cleary - Helm - Ferraro

Fucking yikes also @ Abdelkader being on the 2nd line.

Also, Detroit placed Ferraro on waivers so I don't think he'll be on the roster. He'll probably be with Grand Rapids again, assuming no one claimed him.
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 8th, '14, 19:27

CanadaPure wrote:
Miller - Sheahan - Jurco
Cleary - Helm - Ferraro

Also, Detroit placed Ferraro on waivers so I don't think he'll be on the roster. He'll probably be with Grand Rapids again, assuming no one claimed him.

ya agreed, i just was too pissed to point that out lmao, fuck that put Z with sheahan n tatar, that line would ass rape other second lines in the league, as for ferraro i dont see the point of them sending him back down, again over ripening players.... hes what 23? n still forced into ahl? lol wtf meanwhile bums with gray hair (im looking at you miller) get 3RD LINE ice time??? my god... i just...wut? WTF
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby CanadaPure » Oct 8th, '14, 19:30

DetroitSkills wrote:
CanadaPure wrote:
Miller - Sheahan - Jurco
Cleary - Helm - Ferraro

ya agreed, i just was too pissed to point that out lmao, fuck that put Z with sheahan n tatar, that line would ass rape other second lines in the league, as for ferraro i dont see the point of them sending him back down, again over ripening players.... hes what 23? n still forced into ahl? lol wtf meanwhile bums with gray hair (im looking at you miller) get 3RD LINE ice time??? my god... i just...wut? WTF

They already waived him though so I'd be very surprised if he wasn't on Grand Rapids lol.
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 8th, '14, 19:44

CanadaPure wrote:
They already waived him though so I'd be very surprised if he wasn't on Grand Rapids lol.

i got that, i was js that its dumb lel
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: 2014 /2015 NHL Thread

Postby CanadaPure » Oct 8th, '14, 21:51

bigray wrote:Bigass post

Interesting that Lazar is starting on the fourth line. I suspect the same thing might happen with Bo Horvat here. He'll probably play with two of Dorsett, Matthias, and Hansen, and get some penalty kill time. I suspect he'll eventually work his way to the third line if he plays well, bumping Linden Vey over to the wing (he can play both positions, and is horrible on faceoffs which is one of Horvats specialty areas).

That is, if he makes the team. He's hurt right now, but is probably joining them next week. Linden said the injury was less serious than they though, and he should be good to go shortly.

It would be great to have some youth crack the roster. I mean, we have Vey (23), Kassian (23), Tanev (24), Stanton (25), and Sbisa (24) who are all quite young, but it'd be awesome to have one of our first round picks finally crack the team. Especially one as important as Horvat.

Three of our former first rounders are with our AHL club (Utica Comets) this season finally which is really exciting. Gaunce, Jensen, and Shinkaruk. Along with Virtanen and McCann back in junior we've finally got some forward talent developing.
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 8th, '14, 21:56

*doesnt keep up with ottawa so feels lost*
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby runSA » Oct 8th, '14, 23:47

Detroit used to be such a model franchise but the inability to ditch old and aging players that can't score in todays NHL will be their downfall. Once Datsuyk and Zetterberg are gone they will have no identity
"This world is mine for the taking, make me king as we move toward a new world order"
-Eminem
RIP TR 2005-2014
We live on at http://www.hiphopshelter.com
runSA
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 9th, '14, 13:20

runSA wrote:Detroit used to be such a model franchise but the inability to ditch old and aging players that can't score in todays NHL will be their downfall. Once Datsuyk and Zetterberg are gone they will have no identity

MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 9th, '14, 20:53

Rumors are torontos trying to tank this season for connor mcdavid lel, thatd project a pretty nice looking leafs team. But i still think buffalos gonna get him
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Arena