The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

Postby Ku53v » Sep 12th, '14, 17:07

Guess_Who wrote:^^ If I remember well, you are Argentinan, every Argentinan I know think we Spanish are cocky.

Lol sorry if you felt personally attacked but I was not talking about all spanish people only the bball team.

A video would be hard to find since its just the impression i get from them every game I see.
Ku53v
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fleka » Sep 12th, '14, 17:36

Fleka wrote:Trying to argue with women...it never ends well.
I had a problem with FIBA, they are responsible for the tournament system and refs. Ok? Not Spain. Next time WC will be somewhewre else and other interests will be involved.

But, I`m glad it all backfired.

Guessy, read this again. Did you even read what I wrote? I clearly said I had a problem with FIBA.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Sep 12th, '14, 17:37

PAINKILLƎR wrote:USA #1
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Fleka » Sep 12th, '14, 18:09

PAINKILLƎR wrote:
PAINKILLƎR wrote:USA #1

Another world basketball wise. Other than that...eeeeehh.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 12th, '14, 19:13

We-got-it the first time, but this became a lynching.

Fleka wrote:Refs really wanted Spain to win against Serbia.

Fleka wrote: I really hope USA will destroy Spain in the final, even though I like Spain`s basketball team.

Fleka wrote: And Spain has that reff help. It does not take much, just a few calls in the right time. And I hate that. Just because this is the last WC for Gasol or Navarro or because Spain is playing at home, the poll is fixed so that they can`t face USA before the finals. Fuck that.

Fleka wrote: I bet you never play any sports, so you have no idea what`s it like to play against someone that MUST WIN

Fleka wrote:
Sports should just be about who is better, faster, stronger...not who is hosting the tournament and whose players should win because they are too old for another WC.

Fleka wrote:
And by the way, fixing so that Spain avoids USA until the finals is the biggest help Soain could get from FIBA.

Fleka wrote:MAKING SURE THAT SPAIN DOEST NOT PLAY AGAINST USA BEFORE THE FINALS.

Fleka wrote: You are from Spain, so you don`t see the things going on here, because it goes in Spain`s favor.

Fleka wrote: FIBA made sure that Spain and USA don`t meet before the final, They could easily meet in the quarterfinals, for example. It was fixed.

Fleka wrote:
But, I`m glad it all backfired.

My personal favorite :

Fleka wrote:France doing God`s work, justice is served.

A summary of your posts here. It's ok to say it once or twice but it became a Spain Vs you. I can't understand people arguing the same thing over and over again. :-p It's just a tournament , not the world war. And now go on and tell me that I don't play basket to understand the shit and you were against FIBA and not Spain one more time. It was a little bit repetitive.

Fleka wrote: I always admired Spain`s basketball team.

:unsure: Thanks God! Go figure if you didn't....

I'm one step to hate basket.

@Ku53v (I always copy and paste your name). I'm not offended. You are free to say and think what you want. Simply, you said it in a bad moment, lol, I was a bit tired of reading the things above. It's all good.
(I was told though you guys find our accent cocky , is that true? I really like argentinan accent, pibe! )
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 14th, '14, 10:37

This is almost over. This thread was an example of the difference between basket and football. Brazil World cup got 184 pages. This 7 and because we were running in circles about the Spanish thing, if not probably 2. And only 4-5 people posting.

Even in Tv, and even in Spain, the attention it got was minimum. And of course much less than football. Some players complained about it, they didn't even broadcast all the games. I can't understand it, because basket can actually be more fun to watch, it will never end 0-0.

I can get the frustration of the professional players, my brother was professional judoka for years, but no matter what he or his federation won, it was never in the news or just a few seconds.

I'm glad Spain hosted the world cup. Who knows when we will do it again, didn't enjoyed it much in this thread. But whatever. It's also good for the country with all the visitors.

USA will win if no surprises. They don't really care. It's not NBA!

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Fleka » Sep 14th, '14, 20:53

USA is actually playing from the begining of the game. Until now they started really playing in the 3rd quarter. Spain is kinda lucky they are not here, they would get humiliated.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 14th, '14, 20:58

^^ Need I remind you Serbia-Spain in the second phase ended 73-89 and we won?

Anyway USA is able to win to any team, they are clearly superior than the others, and they had 17 great players that are not even here.

Stop attacking Spain in every damn post, Jesus...you are starting to piss me off.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Sep 14th, '14, 21:20

I wanted a US Spain final and not just because Spain has some if my favorite players but also because I feel it would have been a better game, Spain's size could have given them some trouble.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 14th, '14, 21:22

Calandre wrote:@Guess_Who
Please ask Menzo to lock this thread after the game.
I'm running out of patience...

:y:

Well, any mod is free to lock this when they want.

Look, this is about have fun . It's a tournament. I don't feel like reading this kind of things anymore. Every damn post the same. So I leave this thread.

I won't Pm any mod, but I guess they will read.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Fleka » Sep 14th, '14, 21:22

it`s not my fault everybody was saying that USA can`t beat Spain and US players wanted to play against Spain badly.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Fleka » Sep 14th, '14, 21:24

Oh, you are running out of patience because i state the obvious. So what.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Sep 14th, '14, 21:35

Calandre wrote:
PAINKILLƎR wrote:I wanted a US Spain final and not just because Spain has some if my favorite players but also because I feel it would have been a better game, Spain's size could have given them some trouble.

I thought you wanted a US vs Spain final so you could... you know...
El que gana pide un deseo...
:coffee:

haha not really

mi familia apoyan ha los hermanos Gasol y yo queria ver el juego con ellos
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 14th, '14, 21:56

Congrats PAINKILLER.

USA really have an amazing team, go figure what they could do with their biggest stars.

GAME OVER- lock this thread someone, please.

:wave:

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Fleka » Sep 15th, '14, 08:56

So, to be clear. I didn`t come here to hate on Spain, my hate was aimed towards FIBA. I just wanted Spain to lose because it was planned for them to reach the final. Just because FIBA could sell tickets.

Just like football WC in Brazil, you have 2000-3000 (if that) thousand fans from Croatia in Brazil, then you have 30000-40000 fans from Mexico and you have millions of fans from Brazil. So you do the math on how many tickets, hotel rooms and stuff like that you get if Croatia kicks out Brazil or Mexico.

Same thing goes for FIBA WC, only in smaller numbers. I hate the impact that financial interests have on sports and that is why I was bitching. I wanted Spain to lose just as I would want the same for France, Greece or Argentina-if things were set in their advantage.

Just let the teams compete and may the best one win.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Arena