The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

Postby HotDawg » Sep 6th, '14, 17:44

Derrick rose can not shoot
Image
Image
User avatar
HotDawg
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Apr 7th, '13, 03:42
Location: Sweet Carolina

Re: Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

Postby Fleka » Sep 6th, '14, 19:39

Guess_Who wrote:Jesus , it looks like we are saying that Spain should win because we play at home. I think noone here is saying that.

And noone here is saying Gasol should win because maybe is his last world cup. I just say PERSONALLY I would like them to win. And I think they are good enough to win.

I have friends who play football in more than amateur teams, I don't play, but I can get the feeling. And noone is defending bad refs. I just say SO FAR there is not a big reason to complain in this world cup. I don't see the refs helping Spain like they did with Brazil in the football worldcup. I didn't see that Serbia game.

And chances for a Spain- USA in the final are there, with or without help. Both are 2 of the more stronger teams.

And now I really want Spain to win, just to annoy you. Going to pay some ref...

edit, and I add, when you play something amateur, with also amateur refs, that things happens a lot, but we are talking about a world cup, with all the eyes on it. Do you think a ref can do miracles and take to the final someone who don't deserve it because Gasol is old? Not even Brazil were on their final on football, I would really like to know what kind of help are we getting, other than the infamous game against Serbia, as I didn't watch it , I won't comment. And anyway we already were first of the group.


You never played so you don`t know what refs can do. You kmow nothitng about playing basketball. Like I said, just a few calls by refs in a crucail moments are enough. Just by letting one team to play a little bit more rough or to interrupt the momentum of the other team by constant calls on anything. That is more than enough to help a team in a close game.

And by the way, fixing so that Spain avoids USA until the finals is the biggest help Soain could get from FIBA.

Spain can win against this USA team. It will be hard, but they can, with the help I talked about. But, when the groups and the World Cup system were made (months ago), nobody knew that USA team will be missing this much players. I don`t know if you know anything about the NBA, but this are the USA players that didn`t come to the World cup: James, Durant, Paul, Griffin, George, Howard, Westbrook... With those players, even Spain doesn`t stand the chance.
Image
User avatar
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: Apr 19th, '10, 12:52
Location: Toilet. Reading.
Gender: Male

Re: Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Sep 6th, '14, 21:17

Does Spain usually bench Ibaka? He's the best defender in the NBA...

Also Marc is the best Gasol atm. Although Pau will always be my fav :flutter:
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican
 
Posts: 10190
Joined: Jun 9th, '12, 17:20
Location: Gotham City
Gender: Male

Re: Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 6th, '14, 22:09

@fleka, Stop with the "you never played.." argument, you are not a rapper, so don't comment on rap here anymore.

I don't need to play basketball to comment whatever I want. I know that all those USA players didn't come. We are celebrating the world cup in Spain, don't you think is in the news?

I know you know a lot more than me about basket, but don't make it sound like you are a know it all and the others dumb.

It was made in a way that Spain and USA won't play together, is not fair. I give you that. They are 1st and 2nd in the FIBA ranking anyway.

But coming here to say you hope Spain will be destroyed, you get a reaction. You did the same with the football world cup.

If Spain doesn't play good , they won't make it to the final. We didn't buy a final ticket. I just like to enjoy this tournaments, Croatia lost against France, but I'm not coming here to say , Oh I'm so glad Croatia won't go to quarters...

But if Spain loses enjoy all you want....

@Paink, Ibaka couldn't play against Irán. And I also like Marc Gasol. I saw him in Barcelona a couple of times, He is huuuuuuuuuuuuge.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Image
User avatar
Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4366
Joined: Oct 11th, '10, 14:36
Location: Guess Where
Gender: Female

Re: Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 6th, '14, 22:30

Calandre wrote:
Guess_Who wrote:It was made in a way that Spain and USA won't play together, is not fair. I give you that. They are 1st and 2nd in the FIBA ranking anyway.

Actually, this is how all draws are done for major tournaments - seed number one and seed number two can only meet at the final.


They do it for the show. Obviously this is not about Pau, Rudy or Llull saying, " hey, do this in a way we won't have to play against USA because we are chickening out".............I would rather prefer that Spain would play against USA any moment any time, so fleka and anothers wouldn't bitch about it.

But because of that , some people talk like if we bought a ticket for the final. I don't know what will happen in the rest of the games, but so far I see nothing....over the line.

Spain really get a lot of hate in these competitions. :unsure:
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Image
User avatar
Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4366
Joined: Oct 11th, '10, 14:36
Location: Guess Where
Gender: Female

Re: Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 6th, '14, 23:01

Calandre wrote:
Guess_Who wrote:They do it for the show.

No, not really.
It depends on your seed number. That's how the draws are done.
If the US was number one and Spain number two they were placed in the opposite sides of the table and could only meet in the final
The fact that Spain is hosting the tournament is irrelevant


then what the hell we were arguing about?? So this has nothing to do with Spain hosting the tournament??...

This seed thing is too much for my brain...

Well, I'll continue watching the Spain games without having an idea of what I watch, I hope we payed well, so I can see the final. And if we don't win, I want my money back. :toocool:
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Image
User avatar
Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4366
Joined: Oct 11th, '10, 14:36
Location: Guess Where
Gender: Female

Re: Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

Postby Fleka » Sep 7th, '14, 09:50

I act like everyone else is dumb? You are from Spain, so you don`t see the things going on here, because it goes in Spain`s favor.

Calandre, FIBA made sure that Spain and USA don`t meet before the final, They could easily meet in the quarterfinals, for example. It was fixed.

You will never admit it, but why wouldn`t I point it out.
It`s not just the case here, it happens in all tournaments, football, handball... I just hate it and it makes me lose respect for the teams I used to admire.

Guess_Who wrote:
@fleka, Stop with the "you never played.." argument, you are not a rapper, so don't comment on rap here anymore.


Oh, and this is stupid comparison. You just watch basketball, you never played, so you can`t see the things that happen on court. Just like when you get called for every fucking contact in defense, so how will you stop a great player like Pau or Navarro, when you can`t even touch them. When refs call every coming out of the screen in pick and roll when you have a clear way at the basket, like they did against Serbia.
Image
User avatar
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: Apr 19th, '10, 12:52
Location: Toilet. Reading.
Gender: Male

Re: Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

Postby Notalius » Sep 7th, '14, 11:59

I didn't watch the whole spain - serbia game so I wouldn't know if the refs were favouring anybody or not.

But it's a fact that the home team is normally benefiting from the refs decisions. There are several reasons behind this and money is the main one. Nobody is gonna watch a final between slovenia and lets say, angola, I know that sounds absurd but I just took two random teams. They have to sell tickets, they have to have high ratings, it's always like that, not only for this tournament. The refs are always trying to get the home country to the finals, it's normal, it has happened with Turkey last time too.

That's not saying that spain is a bad team and they won't be able to get into the finals without the refs. They are certainly strong enough to do so. It's all money though.

And I'm 100% sure that people made sure that Spain and the US don't meet in the finals. It's good for business.
Image

My Last Shoutout - My Last Will

http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=175438

So kids, am I worth it ? Did I put enough work in ?

#GiveCanadaPureTheDick | 04.12.2014 - The day TR was closed forever

We are here now --> http://www.hiphopshelter.com
User avatar
Notalius
Band Leader
Band Leader
 
Posts: 5578
Joined: Jul 26th, '12, 21:21
Gender: Male

Re: Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 7th, '14, 12:32

^^ exactly. Fleka is making all sound very exaggerated. Plus, if you say you hope Spain to be destroyed, expect some reaction from the Spanish members.

I think if someone feel so bitter watching the world cups there is always the option of not to watch it. I made some google search out of curiosity about Spain being helped, (in English) and really I pretty much find nothing. When the Brazil football world cup it was something really obvious.

Who knows if Spain will be in the final. By the amount of posters here, it seems noone care much about this anyway.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Image
User avatar
Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4366
Joined: Oct 11th, '10, 14:36
Location: Guess Where
Gender: Female

Re: Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

Postby Notalius » Sep 7th, '14, 21:57

Serbia beat greece whew ..
Image

My Last Shoutout - My Last Will

http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=175438

So kids, am I worth it ? Did I put enough work in ?

#GiveCanadaPureTheDick | 04.12.2014 - The day TR was closed forever

We are here now --> http://www.hiphopshelter.com
User avatar
Notalius
Band Leader
Band Leader
 
Posts: 5578
Joined: Jul 26th, '12, 21:21
Gender: Male

Re: Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

Postby Fleka » Sep 8th, '14, 05:42

Notalius wrote:Serbia beat greece whew ..

Great game. Bogdanović was amazing.
Image
User avatar
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: Apr 19th, '10, 12:52
Location: Toilet. Reading.
Gender: Male

Re: Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

Postby Fleka » Sep 8th, '14, 05:42

Notalius wrote:Serbia beat greece whew ..

Great game. Bogdanović was amazing.
Image
User avatar
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: Apr 19th, '10, 12:52
Location: Toilet. Reading.
Gender: Male

Re: Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 8th, '14, 22:18

Calandre wrote:FIBA probing whether Australia threw game vs. Angola to avoid US

:coffee:


I wouldn't be surprised , these things happens a lot, even in the NBA.

Aren't Australia out already anyway? I have awful tickets for the USA- ESLOVENIA in Palau Sant Jordi tomorrow. (la ciudad está llena de guiris. :-p )

I wanted to see the national team but they will play in Madrid. I'm nervous already for that game!! We need to beat France!! I have a bet with a french neighbour we have here.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Image
User avatar
Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4366
Joined: Oct 11th, '10, 14:36
Location: Guess Where
Gender: Female

Re: Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

Postby Fleka » Sep 9th, '14, 07:52

Calandre wrote:FIBA probing whether Australia threw game vs. Angola to avoid US

:coffee:

Guess they are a little bit of a hypocrites...
Image
User avatar
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: Apr 19th, '10, 12:52
Location: Toilet. Reading.
Gender: Male

Re: Basket World Cup 2014 in Spain.

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 9th, '14, 15:36

Lately I'll be on the way to Palau Sant Jordi. :)

This is the first World Cup thing I'll go too. It's kind of exciting. I guess the subway will be full of tourists and I have a long walk too to Montjuic, last time I went to a concert I couldn't feel my legs, but I hope it will be worthy.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Image
User avatar
Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4366
Joined: Oct 11th, '10, 14:36
Location: Guess Where
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Arena



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]