The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

NFL Discussion Thread

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: NFL Discussion Thread

Postby Fa-Q » Jul 16th, '09, 13:37

ok moving on...who are the most underated RBs

I would say

Darren Sproles
Lawrence Maroney....even though hell get less snaps with Fred Tailor in
Fred Jackson
Fa-Q
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby James R. » Jul 16th, '09, 17:28

Marion Barber for Dallas. Dude is a fucking monster and I want him with the Steelers NOW
James R.
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Fa-Q » Jul 16th, '09, 22:46

James R. wrote:Marion Barber for Dallas. Dude is a fucking monster and I want him with the Steelers NOW

eh id say hes overated simply because he gives up on alot plays just as much as he makes an extra effort on plays

besides man the steelers got a great depth at the RB spot...with Willie, Rashard Mendenhall, and Moore
Fa-Q
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Brandon S » Jul 16th, '09, 23:18

eaglesforever1805 wrote:
Brandon S wrote:Chargers are back healthy, merriman is back and so that will improve every defensive position just b/c of his presence. They gonna suprise ppl, just watch. This is their final year to do shit tho, cuz everyones leavin after this season

they need to trade LTs ass and give the ball to my man D. Sproles and they have a good back up with hester...if they do that....they need better safeties too

Everyone says Sproles is too small to be an nfl starter. Im not buying that, and I think he would be a hella good RB once LT is gone. But, don't give up on LT yet. He's had a pro bowl season every year of his career except for last, and btw he was playin through injuries the whole year. Is he past his prime? Of course, but i'd still take him over 75% of NFL back.

Eric Weddle is too small, they do need better safeties. But like I said, with the presence of merriman that will make every one of their defensive players better just b/c of his presence. I really think they will have no problem winning the AFC West, and if they hit their stride at the end like last season, they really can do damage
Brandon S
Soldier
Soldier

Postby James R. » Jul 17th, '09, 00:17

eaglesforever1805 wrote:
James R. wrote:Marion Barber for Dallas. Dude is a fucking monster and I want him with the Steelers NOW

eh id say hes overated simply because he gives up on alot plays just as much as he makes an extra effort on plays

besides man the steelers got a great depth at the RB spot...with Willie, Rashard Mendenhall, and Moore

He puts out and gets great plays more than he takes losses though. I mean look at people like Barry Sanders. Dude got caught in the backfield every other play cuz of his hopping around and spinning and juking. Plus I think the Steelers have a better run offense. I don't think there's a harder runner in the league. He's not enormous and he goes up and up with LBs and runs them down. I love that guy.

Also St. Louis' RB is pretty tight too, but I can't remember his name for some reason smh
James R.
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby <Stiiccy> » Jul 17th, '09, 02:12

Im telling you if Darren Macfadden can hook up with a better team he will be a fuckin beast
Sticcy Z
Prison in Febuary, i don't give no fuckkssss
Saten is here
<Stiiccy>
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Fa-Q » Jul 17th, '09, 13:07

James R. wrote:
eaglesforever1805 wrote:

He puts out and gets great plays more than he takes losses though. I mean look at people like Barry Sanders. Dude got caught in the backfield every other play cuz of his hopping around and spinning and juking. Plus I think the Steelers have a better run offense. I don't think there's a harder runner in the league. He's not enormous and he goes up and up with LBs and runs them down. I love that guy.

Also St. Louis' RB is pretty tight too, but I can't remember his name for some reason smh

its stephen jackson...and id take him over Barber...he only sucks because of his shitty line in SL...and he still does better than 60% of the backs
Fa-Q
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby James R. » Jul 17th, '09, 17:58

Yeah I'd take him over Barber too cuz he's bigger. But Barber is a damn good back.

Hopefully Mendenhall will actually be healthy this year and we can see what he really has to offer.
James R.
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Fa-Q » Jul 17th, '09, 18:16

Ok next question who is the next "Tony Romo" or "Matt Cassel"<<why did I put those in quotes>>

I would say Seneca Walllace....got a pair of legs and can throw pretty good
Fa-Q
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby James R. » Jul 17th, '09, 19:42

Ok they both suck ball sack and this is why.

Matt Cassel had the high powered Patriots offense that just went undefeated in the previous regular season and had just gone to the super bowl and what did he do with it? He didn't even make the fucking playoffs. Now granted their record was playoff worthy, but in the AFC you can't just barely make the cut. Especially when you don't even win your division. I mean seriously what the fuck was that shit? You could put a retarded monkey with one nut in that position in NE and he could set a touchdown record with Moss alone. Dude is garbage.

Tony Romo however is even MORE garbage. That rat son of a bitch just sucks ass. And it's not because he can't win games because he can. It's because he can't win games when it counts (i.e. against Seattle when he fucked up the field goal) and the fact that they've been to the playoffs 2 or 3 times with him at the helm and he can't make it to the super bowl even though he's ALWAYS had a good team around him. Fuck Tony Homo and the Queerboys.
James R.
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Fa-Q » Jul 17th, '09, 20:24

James R. wrote:Ok they both suck ball sack and this is why.

Matt Cassel had the high powered Patriots offense that just went undefeated in the previous regular season and had just gone to the super bowl and what did he do with it? He didn't even make the fucking playoffs. Now granted their record was playoff worthy, but in the AFC you can't just barely make the cut. Especially when you don't even win your division. I mean seriously what the fuck was that shit? You could put a retarded monkey with one nut in that position in NE and he could set a touchdown record with Moss alone. Dude is garbage.

Tony Romo however is even MORE garbage. That rat son of a bitch just sucks ass. And it's not because he can't win games because he can. It's because he can't win games when it counts (i.e. against Seattle when he fucked up the field goal) and the fact that they've been to the playoffs 2 or 3 times with him at the helm and he can't make it to the super bowl even though he's ALWAYS had a good team around him. Fuck Tony Homo and the Queerboys.

lol well i hate both guys and teams they were or are on....and your right about both guys having guys around them, Moss TO Witten Welker the list goes on BUT what I am saying is they did make an impact when they came off the bench so tell me who else could do that at the quarterback position?
Fa-Q
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby <Stiiccy> » Jul 17th, '09, 21:15

eaglesforever1805 wrote:
James R. wrote:Ok they both suck ball sack and this is why.

lol well i hate both guys and teams they were or are on....and your right about both guys having guys around them, Moss TO Witten Welker the list goes on BUT what I am saying is they did make an impact when they came off the bench so tell me who else could do that at the quarterback position?

Prolly the next guy below them on the depth chart
Sticcy Z
Prison in Febuary, i don't give no fuckkssss
Saten is here
<Stiiccy>
Role Model
Role Model

Postby James R. » Jul 17th, '09, 22:33

Nobody did it better than Brady even though I fucking hate that asshole. And right now, no one. Maybe dude from USC that plays for the Cardinals, but Warner is a good ass QB, so he won't have a shot til Warner retires. Past that I don't know man. Most teams are either pretty set at QB or completely blown apart lol.
James R.
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Fa-Q » Jul 17th, '09, 23:07

James R. wrote:Nobody did it better than Brady even though I fucking hate that asshole. And right now, no one. Maybe dude from USC that plays for the Cardinals, but Warner is a good ass QB, so he won't have a shot til Warner retires. Past that I don't know man. Most teams are either pretty set at QB or completely blown apart lol.

yea your telling me...the Eagles backup, Kevin Kolb, bahala-hos...ok next question

Whats going to be the best secondary, NFC and AFC

NFC-its gonna be Eagles and its not just cause I'm a phan...Asaunte Samuel, Ellis Hobbs, Sheldon Brown, Sean Jones, Quintin Mikell, hell even Joselio Hanson...'nough said

AFC-Probably Steelers...even though theyre corners aren't considered the best I think they are HIGHLY underated...McFadden and Townsend are great plus Troy Polamolu<sp> hes a secondary in and of himself
Fa-Q
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby James R. » Jul 18th, '09, 15:27

^I agree with that. The Eagles have ALWAYS had a good secondary. I mean Dawkins is the NFC Polamalu to me lol.

And I agree about the Steelers as well. I mean obviously I'm a steeler fan, but we've got some REALLY solid players. Healthy, MacFadden is a good, young dude who's going to grow a lot in his career. Townsend is a damn good veteran who's coaching the young guys to be very solid and consistent. Ryan Clark is another young guy, but the best thing about him is that he hits HARD, so it's not just Polamalu who people have to worry about. I mean the way he dropped Wes Welker and Willis Magahee lmao dude doesn't give a fuck.

It's gonna be a Pennsylvania defense this year :smoking:
James R.
Band Leader
Band Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Arena