The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Alternatives To A Penalty Shootout. (your creative ideas)

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Re: Alternatives To A Penalty Shootout. (your creative ideas

Postby classthe_king » Oct 28th, '10, 20:51

mcZu wrote:
classthe_king wrote:Zu, even you know that's wrong. Football is the biggest contact sport in the world

I could find hundreds of these videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb5qtd725KY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XrHZK8SXhU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xy6ankfurU

I never said it isn't the biggest contact sport, lol. I just said it's idiotic how they throw themselves against each other under the veil of ''tackles''. A lot of American football players end up with brain injuries. It takes far less skill than football. Football players are skilled and more intelligent. And if that is regarded as pussy, then by all means you may call it pussy.

Actually you're wrong about the intelligence part. You have to be very smart to play football on a college or pro level. And it might not take as much skill but it takes an incredible amount of athletic ability. Adrian Peterson is 6 foot 1 and weighs 220 and runs a 4.4. Show me any soccer player that can handle that lol
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby mcZu » Oct 28th, '10, 20:56

classthe_king wrote:
Actually you're wrong about the intelligence part. You have to be very smart to play football on a college or pro level. And it might not take as much skill but it takes an incredible amount of athletic ability. Adrian Peterson is 6 foot 1 and weighs 220 and runs a 4.4. Show me any soccer player that can handle that lol

You can't possibly believe that American football players are more intelligent than football players? Football requires more strategy. Athletic ability, well, you're right on the fact that football players aren't as strong as American football players. But football players have stronger legs and are faster.
"Truth is limitless in its range; if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt."
- Lupe Fiasco

Follow Me!

McZu's Blog!
mcZu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby classthe_king » Oct 28th, '10, 21:01

mcZu wrote:
classthe_king wrote:

You can't possibly believe that American football players are more intelligent than football players? Football requires more strategy. Athletic ability, well, you're right on the fact that football players aren't as strong as American football players. But football players have stronger legs and are faster.

I didn't say they were smarter I just said football isn't just a bunch of retards running around hitting each other. We do hours of strategy and film making and I'm only at the high school level. And if we took the average running back vs the average football player I bet we would destroy you in 40 times and how much they can squat.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby mcZu » Oct 28th, '10, 21:07

classthe_king wrote:I didn't say they were smarter I just said football isn't just a bunch of retards running around hitting each other. We do hours of strategy and film making and I'm only at the high school level. And if we took the average running back vs the average football player I bet we would destroy you in 40 times and how much they can squat.

I know it isn't a moron sport, but when you call footbal a pussy sport, I have to defend my fav sport, lol. You know I watch American football, and I know that running backs are probably on the same level as football plaerys in terms of leg strenght. Quarterbacks are on average pretty smart. But you gotta agree that a lot of tackles aren't ''tough'' or ''macho'' but just plain stupid. It is a sport, not a battlefield, you do want to be capable of playing it more than once. And not ending up with brain injuries.
"Truth is limitless in its range; if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt."
- Lupe Fiasco

Follow Me!

McZu's Blog!
mcZu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby classthe_king » Oct 28th, '10, 21:09

mcZu wrote:
classthe_king wrote:I didn't say they were smarter I just said football isn't just a bunch of retards running around hitting each other. We do hours of strategy and film making and I'm only at the high school level. And if we took the average running back vs the average football player I bet we would destroy you in 40 times and how much they can squat.

I know it isn't a moron sport, but when you call footbal a pussy sport, I have to defend my fav sport, lol. You know I watch American football, and I know that running backs are probably on the same level as football plaerys in terms of leg strenght. Quarterbacks are on average pretty smart. But you gotta agree that a lot of tackles aren't ''tough'' or ''macho'' but just plain stupid. It is a sport, not a battlefield, you do want to be capable of playing it more than once. And not ending up with brain injuries.

I was just trying to troll the people that would get all butt hurt about it. And yes lol, that's why I never brought up the o-line or d-line because they're only job is to be as big as possible and block lol. No other position has a sport quite like it. Linebackers, defensive backs, quarterbacks, running backs and wide recievers are more like the average athlete so that's why I was using them.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Oct 29th, '10, 02:52

Actually my arguements > what anyone else has said

Except Zu, we came to a satisfying agreement
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Oct 29th, '10, 20:19

Menzo wrote:
classthe_king wrote:Actually my arguements > what anyone else has said

Except Zu, we came to a satisfying agreement

Not really, from what I've gathered from your argument was that, "Soccer players are weak because they aren't buff", but that's only because it's not their objective to make full fledged contact with their opponent - it's actually about gaining possession with the least amount of contact possible :-k

And like Zu said, intelligence levels in football > American football.

If we took the best 11 soccer players out of the nfl trained them in soccer for a year and then played the best soccer team in the world we would win. Football is a physical sport where you must be extremely strong, tough and fast to be able to play. Soccer you have to be...? Well conditioned? It's not even close on which is harder to play. Soccer is a joke, it's the most boring sport outside of golf and takes absolutely no skill to play. We already had this argument at my school and we took 11 of our players and played the soccer team and whipped them lol, then they backed out and didn't even play us in football afterwards :laughing:
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby BILI » Oct 29th, '10, 20:30

Football needs more skill then any other sport in the world,fact :y:

Plus its

Rugby>American football
BILI
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby ku53v » Oct 29th, '10, 22:21

Menzo wrote:
So, you took 11 American soccer players who have grown up in a society that integrates the likes of football and baseball into the minds as kids and pinned them against American football players, I repeat, have grown up in a society that integrates the likes of football and baseball into their minds as kids.

That's the problem, only soccer he has seen is played by american teenagers. That obviously suck at it.

And yeah
Menzo wrote: You sir, define the stereotypical retarded American.
ku53v

Postby classthe_king » Oct 30th, '10, 04:38

Menzo wrote:
classthe_king wrote:If we took the best 11 soccer players out of the nfl trained them in soccer for a year and then played the best soccer team in the world we would win. Football is a physical sport where you must be extremely strong, tough and fast to be able to play. Soccer you have to be...? Well conditioned?

Ha uhhh...yeah, you have to be strong, cuz like I said, the objective of all the cavemen on the field is to bump heads with their opponents, you fuckin moron, re-read what I said. Retard. Soccer? I guess you don't have to be strong, tough and fast to play soccer. You sir, define the stereotypical retarded American.

classthe_king wrote:It's not even close on which is harder to play. Soccer is a joke, it's the most boring sport outside of golf and takes absolutely no skill to play.

*Yawn* Baseball is cruelly torturous to watch, not only is it redundantly cyclical, it also possesses a fair amount of obese players - tons of physical talent there!

Yeah, soccer is so boring to watch, it's just the most viewed sport in the world :unsure: Hm...I guess the millions upon millions of viewers of a World Cup final don't have good taste in sports. Majority rules. Finally, no skill in soccer? Well, that statement alone defeats itself.

classthe_king wrote:
We already had this argument at my school and we took 11 of our players and played the soccer team and whipped them lol, then they backed out and didn't even play us in football afterwards :laughing:

So, you took 11 American soccer players who have grown up in a society that integrates the likes of football and baseball into the minds as kids and pinned them against American football players, I repeat, have grown up in a society that integrates the likes of football and baseball into their minds as kids.

That's not even comparable. Take 11 American football players and pin them again 11 South American, European or African team and they will lose. 100%.

American soccer is incomparable to 'real' soccer players :laughing:

You're a class act, Gollum :laughing:

1. Don't you live in Canada? The most worthless laughable country on the planet. SorrySolace. You can't say anything about me being a retarded American when I'm smarter than 98% of your country.

2. NFL Football players are the most well trained athletes in the world fact. Let's take some tests from any two athletes in Football and Soccer and see who wins lol.

3. The skill and practice it takes to play baseball is incredible. Yeah it may be slow paced but I'd like to see anyone hit Mariano Rivera lol.

4. I don't care about what the rest of the world watches, this isn't an argument on popularity. Is Lil Wayne the best rapper alive? No, so popularity means nothing in any argument.

5. I'm at the point where I don't even consider soccer a sport. It's a joke.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Oct 30th, '10, 15:05

Actually I won considering you haven't brought up any real facts and I've been more than willing to compare stats. And I'm deffinitely not the one with stupidity considering a) I've played soccer and football I have the best judgement on the two and b) I'm scoring above the 90th percentile in america, I would bet thats higher than 98% in your little country ;)
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Oct 30th, '10, 15:11

I never said intelligence but you're right there is no comparison on skill/athleticism
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Oct 30th, '10, 15:17

classthe_king wrote:I didn't say they were smarter I just said football isn't just a bunch of retards running around hitting each other.

You lose
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Oct 30th, '10, 15:21

Menzo wrote:
classthe_king wrote:
classthe_king wrote:I didn't say they were smarter I just said football isn't just a bunch of retards running around hitting each other.

You lose

You fuckin idiot, the fact of the matter was that the topic of intelligence WAS brought up. Get the fuck outta here Gollum.

Yeah and I agreed that football players weren't as smart so it died there, and then you bring it up for no reason again lmao. Gtfo of here smeagol.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Oct 30th, '10, 15:32

You're really going to say someone like Adrian Peterson

6 Foot 1, 220 pounds, runs a 4.4, and has a verticle jump of 39 inches isn't as athletic as ...
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Arena