The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

English Premier League fans!!!

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

English Premier League fans!!!

Postby imhavingarelapse » Jul 25th, '10, 05:11

I need help picking an EPL team to root for and have lots of questions. :happy:

Before the world cup this year I thought soccer (football, whatever) was really boring until I got attached to team USA and the games got really intense. I also realized how passionate and knowledgable soccer fans were and I'm still learning about this beautiful game.

About picking a team, here's some things I'm looking and not looking for..

-I DO NOT want to go for a team that pays for all the best players and outspends everybody to win like ManU, Chelsea, etc.
-I'm looking for a team that's solid. Somewhere between average or above average with a decent shot at doing pretty well.
-I want to go for a team with a few USA players on the roster.

That's all I can think of for right now. Please feel free to leave suggestions.
"At night in my window I see a silhouette, crying heavy tears look how wet my pillow gets..."
imhavingarelapse
Soldier
Soldier

Re: English Premier League fans!!!

Postby westsidekreidy » Jul 25th, '10, 06:44

Everton and Fulham both hold US players and are two teams always in the league around mid table

however Liverpool is the team to root for! :smoking:
westsidekreidy
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby imhavingarelapse » Jul 25th, '10, 06:55

Thanks for your help! This is gonna sound stupid but I really need to know all the basics of the EPL. How is a champion picked? Do they have playoffs? What is the champions league?

And sorry for being stupid.
"At night in my window I see a silhouette, crying heavy tears look how wet my pillow gets..."
imhavingarelapse
Soldier
Soldier

Postby imhavingarelapse » Jul 25th, '10, 06:56

westsidekreidy wrote:Everton and Fulham both hold US players and are two teams always in the league around mid table

btw what is mid table? like mid season I think?..
imhavingarelapse
Soldier
Soldier

Postby westsidekreidy » Jul 25th, '10, 07:34

The champion of the country is determined on the league winner, 20 teams in the league. No playoffs just league play. However in the carling cup and fa cup it is basically a play off competion, you lose your out you win you keep going

For the "big teams" such as liverpool, Chelsea, arsenal, wankchester united, everton, tottenham and Manchester city, they're goal is to finish in the top four spots of the league, which gives you entry in the Champions League, the most prestigious club competion in the world, where all of europes top teams, such as Barcelona, bayern Munich, real Madrid, inter Milan, ac Milan, Celtic, Lyon and many more play in the same format as the world cup, group stage then a knock out round

but the best way to learn is to watch and enjoy!
westsidekreidy
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby M15HKA » Jul 25th, '10, 08:33

Support Everton. They have a couple of Americans. They are consistent in the EPL always get good results against the big money spending teams. They are a big club in England but not at the level of Chelsea,Manchester United,Arsenal,Liverpool etc. Also they are rivals of Liverpool which I'm sure you know of. So when they play each other its a huge match.

But since you are only getting into football i think it will be good to find a team who also plays in the Champions League, some of the best football is played during the champions league which is the best teams from each country in Europe playing against one another while also having to compete in there own domestic leagues and cups.
Eminem,Lowkey,Nas,Big Pun,Diabolic,MastaAce,Mobb Deep,Hopsin,TechN9ne,Biggie,Crooked I,BigL,ImmortalTech,KRS-One,Rugged Man,Brotha Lynch Hung,Dead Prez
M15HKA
Soldier
Soldier

Postby M15HKA » Jul 25th, '10, 08:39

imhavingarelapse wrote:
westsidekreidy wrote:Everton and Fulham both hold US players and are two teams always in the league around mid table

btw what is mid table? like mid season I think?..

Mid table is finishing the league around 10th place from the 20 teams in the EPL.
Last season Everton finished in 8th place. Year before that they finished 5th.
Eminem,Lowkey,Nas,Big Pun,Diabolic,MastaAce,Mobb Deep,Hopsin,TechN9ne,Biggie,Crooked I,BigL,ImmortalTech,KRS-One,Rugged Man,Brotha Lynch Hung,Dead Prez
M15HKA
Soldier
Soldier

Postby imhavingarelapse » Jul 25th, '10, 14:17

Killa wrote:i PRAISE you for not wanting to pick a big team. Tho i disagree with the whole supporting a team outside your country thing i still admire the fact your not gunna be like everyone else who does. :y:

Thanks. The only reason I'm supporting a team in England is b/c I know MLS is just not on the same level of play. And the fact that I live in Alabama and there's no team around here haha
imhavingarelapse
Soldier
Soldier

Postby imhavingarelapse » Jul 25th, '10, 14:19

Satans_Chef wrote:Support Everton. They have a couple of Americans. They are consistent in the EPL always get good results against the big money spending teams. They are a big club in England but not at the level of Chelsea,Manchester United,Arsenal,Liverpool etc. Also they are rivals of Liverpool which I'm sure you know of. So when they play each other its a huge match.

But since you are only getting into football i think it will be good to find a team who also plays in the Champions League, some of the best football is played during the champions league which is the best teams from each country in Europe playing against one another while also having to compete in there own domestic leagues and cups.

Everton sounds like my kind of team. I also love the fact that Tim Howard is their goalie. What do you think they'll finish around this season? Do you think they will be good in the forseeable future?
imhavingarelapse
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sleepy » Jul 25th, '10, 16:10

they have a few good young players.they will prob finish between 6th-9th this season.there a good side.having americans in the team is also a good reason for you to like them

Lello18 wrote:You should root for chelsea for these reasons:

-The owner and the fans actually like each other
-Awesome players who don't dive and cheat all the time (like man utd)
-We wear royal blue! :p
-You'll be supporting a club who's making history, and which doesn't sit back and reminisce on the old glory days 20 years and before (like liverpool and arsenal)

:confusion:

[ Signature reduced by TRshady for exceeding limits ]
Sleepy
Role Model
Role Model

Postby gvdz » Jul 25th, '10, 16:46

lello18 stupid fool
drogba is one of the biggest divers
gvdz
Renegade
Renegade

Postby dR3 » Jul 25th, '10, 16:47

I agree with the Chef, go with Everton.
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby Sleepy » Jul 25th, '10, 17:59

Killa wrote:Nah, can't stand Scoucers go with Aston Villa..

:p the blue ones are alrite

[ Signature reduced by TRshady for exceeding limits ]
Sleepy
Role Model
Role Model

Postby MikeNUFC » Jul 25th, '10, 18:14

Newcastle.

Although say you follow them, not support. Support's a strong word for a team you've randomly choose due to members on an Eminem forum
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby imhavingarelapse » Jul 25th, '10, 18:52

MikeNUFC wrote:Newcastle.

Although say you follow them, not support. Support's a strong word for a team you've randomly choose due to members on an Eminem forum

Haha I'm not gonna chose just based on what you guys say. I'm a very passionate sports fan and want to make an educated decision. I'm gonna watch alot of the games before I chose who to go for. I just want an idea on what to expect and learn about the teams before hand a little. :y:
imhavingarelapse
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Sports Arena