The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Dražen Petrović

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Dražen Petrović

Postby Fleka » Aug 22nd, '10, 12:32

To me, the best basketball player ever. He died in a car crash. I would like to hear your opinions about Dražen.
Last edited by Fleka on Aug 22nd, '10, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Re: Dražen Petrović

Postby Johnny Quid » Aug 22nd, '10, 15:40

One of the best...Jordan will always be #1
Johnny Quid
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby dR3 » Aug 23rd, '10, 02:07

I know about him and who he is, but I don't know what to say, I was only 1 year old when he died.
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby Emadyville » Aug 24th, '10, 13:59

I guess I need to look him up :sweating:
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Fleka » Aug 24th, '10, 14:43

Emadyville wrote:I guess I need to look him up :sweating:

:y:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLlPtBsG ... re=related
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Emadyville » Aug 24th, '10, 23:32

Mediocre nba player.

His ball handlng and jump shot make me say he shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as mj, pistol pete, larry bird, magic johnson, and many others. A good nba player, looks like it, but I bet he isn't even in the h.o.f. :unsure:

either way thanks for bringing him to our attention, he did have some nice passes and ball fakes :y:

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Fleka » Aug 25th, '10, 10:55

Emadyville wrote:Mediocre nba player.

His ball handlng and jump shot make me say he shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as mj, pistol pete, larry bird, magic johnson, and many others. A good nba player, looks like it, but I bet he isn't even in the h.o.f. :unsure:

either way thanks for bringing him to our attention, he did have some nice passes and ball fakes :y:

He is in H.O.F. since 2002. He was among the first european players that came to NBA.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dra%C5%BEen_Petrovi%C4%87
Read NBA PERIOD. If he lived, no doubt he would be one of the greatest players in the world.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby M15HKA » Aug 25th, '10, 13:33

yeah he was incredible.

R.I.P
Eminem,Lowkey,Nas,Big Pun,Diabolic,MastaAce,Mobb Deep,Hopsin,TechN9ne,Biggie,Crooked I,BigL,ImmortalTech,KRS-One,Rugged Man,Brotha Lynch Hung,Dead Prez
M15HKA
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fleka » Oct 14th, '10, 21:18

Here is a great documentary about Drazen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlOWJ9aRABs
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Emadyville » Oct 17th, '10, 03:28

I saw the espn movie about him and what's his name from the lakers, I gained a new respect for drazen after seeing what he did and his work ethic. He was very good, but he wasn't on the level of the greatest, but who knows where he woulda been, but he def was one of the best in the league when he played :y:

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby CominThroughDumpin' » Oct 24th, '10, 05:03

Emadyville wrote:I saw the espn movie about him and what's his name from the lakers, I gained a new respect for drazen after seeing what he did and his work ethic. He was very good, but he wasn't on the level of the greatest, but who knows where he woulda been, but he def was one of the best in the league when he played :y:
I watched this a few nights ago on ESPN. It's called "Once Brothers" and Vlade Divac talks about him and Drazen Petrovic. Great movie. I think if Petrovic wasn't killed in that car wreck, he could have even won a Championship.
CominThroughDumpin'
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby EM1973 » Nov 27th, '10, 03:17

Fleka wrote:To me, the best basketball player ever. He died in a car crash. I would like to hear your opinions about Dražen.

The best basketball player ever?Come on now.I'm not sure if he is the Greatest European player ever.
For most people Dirk is the best European player ever and not Petrovic or Galis.
Sabonis was also a phenom but he had injuries.Healthy Sabonis>>any European player.
The greatest player is Michael Jordan followed by Kareem and Wilt.Petrovic was a great player but he has no business when we speak about the greatest players in basketball history.
Magic Joihnson,Larry Bird,Bill Russell,Jerry West,Shaq,Hakeem all far better than him.I can name also many other better than him.
EM1973
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Fleka » Nov 27th, '10, 09:36

EM1973 wrote:
Fleka wrote:To me, the best basketball player ever. He died in a car crash. I would like to hear your opinions about Dražen.

The best basketball player ever?Come on now.I'm not sure if he is the Greatest European player ever.
For most people Dirk is the best European player ever and not Petrovic or Galis.
Sabonis was also a phenom but he had injuries.Healthy Sabonis>>any European player.
The greatest player is Michael Jordan followed by Kareem and Wilt.Petrovic was a great player but he has no business when we speak about the greatest players in basketball history.
Magic Joihnson,Larry Bird,Bill Russell,Jerry West,Shaq,Hakeem all far better than him.I can name also many other better than him.

Did you notice that my post begins with "To me"? And yes, he is the best European basketball player ever, and Dirk has got nothing on him. Do a little research.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby EM1973 » Nov 27th, '10, 16:28

Fleka wrote:
EM1973 wrote:

Did you notice that my post begins with "To me"? And yes, he is the best European basketball player ever, and Dirk has got nothing on him. Do a little research.

If you want to kidding yourself then yes he is.
No points to consider him the Greatest ever.
My favorite player ever is Pete Maravich but I would never say that he is the GOAT because he isn't.
I can name also a lot of other candidates for the best European player ever.
Sabonis,Dirk,Kukoc,Galis,Divac,Belov,Gasol and Drazen.
Dirk is a very good choice for the Best European player ever.
EM1973
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Sports Arena