The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Boxing or MMA

From basketball to golf, all discussion of sport goes on here.

Boxing or MMA

Postby Brood » Sep 20th, '10, 23:43

Which do you think is the better combat sport, Boxing or MMA? State why.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Joe Rogan and Lou Dibella debate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtKx41UdCj0
Brood
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Boxing or MMA

Postby BILI » Sep 20th, '10, 23:47

MMA,it just is,boxing became 2 boring in my opinion,more of a chess then a fight
BILI
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby KillahBee » Sep 21st, '10, 00:01

Boxing back in the day was the best sport around in my opinion, nowadays though, BILI is spot on, its boring - mainly because the best fighters aren't actually fighting eachother, and there are too many different titles in each weight division

But I'm not a fan of MMA so I'd still prefer boxing, they're hard to compare though, throw an MMA fighter into a boxing ring and they'll be made a fool of, but throw a boxer into the octogan and they'll get taken out easily
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Sh.., Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, see Malcolm
You see Biggie, see Pac, see success and its outcome
See Jesus, see Judas; see Caesar, see Brutus
See success is like suicide
Suicide, it's a suicide
If you succeed, prepare to be crucified
[/i
- Jay-Z

I'm on my balcony, seeing through the eyes of Tony
KillahBee
Renegade
Renegade

Postby mrjizzbomber » Sep 23rd, '10, 00:44

I've kind of recently turned to MMA. Just because... well, I don't particularly "care" about either... but since MMA is in right now, thats whats fun to go to a bar and get shitwrecked watching.
mrjizzbomber
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Culture » Sep 23rd, '10, 00:49

Boxing is too one dimensional, back in the day it was awesome but it just didn't evolve. Football incorporated the foward pass and all that jazz. Basketball got the three point line. Boxing should have got 3 way match ups or something.

MMA is just alot more entertaining and practical.
Culture
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby mrjizzbomber » Sep 23rd, '10, 18:45

Culture wrote:Boxing is too one dimensional, back in the day it was awesome but it just didn't evolve. Football incorporated the foward pass and all that jazz. Basketball got the three point line. Boxing should have got 3 way match ups or something.

MMA is just alot more entertaining and practical.

Lol, I find it funny that you just praised the MMA for being practical... right after suggesting 3 way boxing matches.

Anyway, I largely agree with you about the lack-of-evolution... or maybe just the lack of a big name heavyweight champ.
mrjizzbomber
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ChristinaE12 » Sep 23rd, '10, 20:44

MMA. Boxing at this point has became too stagnant. Kinda as others mentioned.

These days a MMA fighter is a boxer as well as a mixed martial arts fighter. Obviously. So it's not as one dimensional as just boxing alone. Which, I think, is the main reason boxing is where it is today as opposed to 10 or so years ago. I also can't stand to watch a boxing match these days.. It seems as the fighters just don't care as much. There isn't as many exciting fights going on as there once was. It doesn't have the explosiveness as MMA does. Which I think also has a lot to do with it, too.

....And don't get me wrong. I do like Boxing and not saying it's easy or anything by any means. They both take a lot of hard work and training. Hell, just last year I was getting into boxing and everything myself. Woulda been MMA though honestly if it would have payed. Then all a sudden it just ended. Just couldn't keep the business I suppose, and that is even on a local level. Where, to me, boxing is even more fun, interesting, and entertaining than what you see on tv. Either way, boxing definitely isn't what it used to be. It's clear the new and biggest thing is MMA. And there is really no denying it.
"If Life's a bitch and revenge is sweet... I'm the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet."

ChristinaE12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Emadyville » Oct 2nd, '10, 22:26

Boxing, because they go what 9 or 10 rounds?

Much better than the 2 or 3 five minute periods in MMA.

But I'm moving this to the sports section, I don't see how this is really belongs in this section, a debate yeah, but about which you think is better I don't think fits here :y:
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby ku53v » Oct 3rd, '10, 01:05

neither
ku53v

Postby alex123 » Oct 5th, '10, 13:22

MMA ... actually i train in an mma club ... i like it ... and it has lots of other things than boxing have ...
alex123
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Return to Sports Arena