The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Street Halo

Want help or feel the urge to show off? Then here is the place for you.

Street Halo

Postby Slimm » Mar 29th, '11, 23:58

right click -> view image

Inspired by Burial's new EP 'street halo'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPJgWdtH3Os
w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l ic
Slimm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: Street Halo

Postby Maybe » Mar 30th, '11, 00:11

I LOVE street halo. Didn't know you did as well.. Now, as for the picture.. It's amazing how you manage to capture the emotion music does with your art. It's so deep, yet simple. It would make a much better album cover for the single, in my opinion.
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
EG. wrote:and i dont even like hot dog
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slimm » Mar 30th, '11, 00:26

McMaybe wrote:I LOVE street halo. Didn't know you did as well.. Now, as for the picture.. It's amazing how you manage to capture the emotion music does with your art. It's so deep, yet simple. It would make a much better album cover for the single, in my opinion.

Holy fuck you love burial? Awesome man. Thanks for the feed man, and yeah music is usually my inspiration for everything I do (art related).
w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l ic
Slimm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Maybe » Mar 30th, '11, 00:44

Slimm wrote:
McMaybe wrote:I LOVE street halo. Didn't know you did as well.. Now, as for the picture.. It's amazing how you manage to capture the emotion music does with your art. It's so deep, yet simple. It would make a much better album cover for the single, in my opinion.

Holy fuck you love burial? Awesome man. Thanks for the feed man, and yeah music is usually my inspiration for everything I do (art related).

Haha yeah bro, burial is amazing. Honestly, I'm the same way with a lot of things. I use music for my own music, art, etc. Even when I film I base a lot of my scenes on music.
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slimm » Mar 30th, '11, 01:02

McMaybe wrote:
Slimm wrote:

Haha yeah bro, burial is amazing. Honestly, I'm the same way with a lot of things. I use music for my own music, art, etc. Even when I film I base a lot of my scenes on music.

I guess when music is a big part of your life you automatically do that. I also love choosing the music for scenes, or sometimes I just come up with completely random scenes when I listen to certain songs.

Music enables creativity in a way.
Slimm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Slimm » Apr 1st, '11, 14:08

Bump, this is probably my best work and it only got one reply. MORE FEEDBACK PPL!
Slimm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Robbie G » Apr 1st, '11, 14:31

I'm not sure what Burial is, but I loved the piece.

I thought you did a great job with the lighting. :b:
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Slimm » Apr 1st, '11, 14:39

Robbie G wrote:I'm not sure what Burial is, but I loved the piece.

I thought you did a great job with the lighting. :b:

Thanks man. Burial is an a dubstep producer from London.
Slimm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Maybe » Apr 4th, '11, 06:26

I'm using this as a wallpaper on my cell & iTouch by the way ^
classthe_king wrote:
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slimm » Apr 4th, '11, 18:35

McMaybe wrote:I'm using this as a wallpaper on my cell & iTouch by the way ^

Fucking awesome man, that's an honor.
Slimm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Kuyou » Apr 12th, '11, 09:28

IT looks really good, I personally love it. I don't see anything wrong with it, its simple as someone said before its its beautiful. You should make more. ;]
Kuyou
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Slimm » Apr 13th, '11, 11:47

Kuyou wrote:IT looks really good, I personally love it. I don't see anything wrong with it, its simple as someone said before its its beautiful. You should make more. ;]

Thanks man, appreciate it. It wasn't that simple though, there are a lot of layers in this work. The concept/outcome may look simple but I often prefer simplicity over fancy pointlessness.
Slimm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Return to Graphics