The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Faux pas album cover

Want help or feel the urge to show off? Then here is the place for you.

Faux pas album cover

Postby Block » Apr 27th, '11, 23:34

I threw this together last night. I am, by no means, professional with this shit. Tell me if it looks too 'photoshoppy', though?

Not the official tracklist, and I know the font on the back needs to be changed. But other than that, opinions?

Thanks ladies and gents.
For $5...
Block
Renegade
Renegade

Location: Tried to die young with my true love; ended up a millionaire

Re: Faux pas album cover

Postby Mahmoud48 » Apr 27th, '11, 23:42

it does look a lil to photoshoppy
specially the back of the album looks like u used the filter tool ( sry if im wrong i havnt used ps in a while)
ODD FUTURE ASAP OVOXO BLACK HIPPY GOOD MUSIC
Mahmoud48
Renegade
Renegade

Postby B.A.D. » May 2nd, '11, 11:42

Hmm, you definitively need to fix up a couple things, if you guys plan to have this on a big release that can't be your cover. for many reasons. one, the symmetry is messed up, And Im not talking about the squares. the right side is too heavy. and the fonts need better effects, the color fades are very strange, specially on the deepest part of the bench. and you need to fix up the size to actually fit it on cd cases OR, have the size required by itunes before you submit projects.

on the bright note.. The texture you applied above it all is brilliant!.. gives light to dark and fits in very well with the park image and the old dude's face. the fading brushing is also really cool, I like the silent feel of it.

looking forward for this tape bro :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Block » May 2nd, '11, 18:17

Big Ax-D wrote:Hmm, you definitively need to fix up a couple things, if you guys plan to have this on a big release that can't be your cover. for many reasons. one, the symmetry is messed up, And Im not talking about the squares. the right side is too heavy. and the fonts need better effects, the color fades are very strange, specially on the deepest part of the bench. and you need to fix up the size to actually fit it on cd cases OR, have the size required by itunes before you submit projects.

on the bright note.. The texture you applied above it all is brilliant!.. gives light to dark and fits in very well with the park image and the old dude's face. the fading brushing is also really cool, I like the silent feel of it.

Hey, thanks man. But nah, this isn't the 'official' album cover. Just me messing around with photoshop to make an album cover. I've made a few so far, lol.. Just practicing. My intent is to make one and then show it to someone who is professional with pshop and have them make the real one.
For $5...
Block
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Maybe » May 2nd, '11, 18:44

Big Ax-D wrote:Hmm, you definitively need to fix up a couple things, if you guys plan to have this on a big release that can't be your cover. for many reasons. one, the symmetry is messed up, And Im not talking about the squares. the right side is too heavy. and the fonts need better effects, the color fades are very strange, specially on the deepest part of the bench. and you need to fix up the size to actually fit it on cd cases OR, have the size required by itunes before you submit projects.

The official album cover for iTunes & FYE won't be made by us, we just like screwing around with ideas to give the graphics designer. :y:
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
EG. wrote:and i dont even like hot dog
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby B.A.D. » May 3rd, '11, 03:29

oh thats cool then :y: :y:

well, in my course I actually have a graphic design class and one of our major projects will be to make an album cover (probably the whole booklet aswell if theres time).. so, hey. I might be able to help you. :b:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Maybe » May 3rd, '11, 03:44

Big Ax-D wrote:oh thats cool then :y: :y:

well, in my course I actually have a graphic design class and one of our major projects will be to make an album cover (probably the whole booklet aswell if theres time).. so, hey. I might be able to help you. :b:

Oh shit, well for something like that we are paying for professional work. We should talk about the details. :y:
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
EG. wrote:and i dont even like hot dog
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby B.A.D. » May 3rd, '11, 08:23

Maybe wrote:
Big Ax-D wrote:oh thats cool then :y: :y:

Oh shit, well for something like that we are paying for professional work. We should talk about the details. :y:

what do you mean??... I wouldnt charge you if thats what u think lol
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Block » May 3rd, '11, 09:09

Shit. That would be dope shit, bro!
For $5...
Block
Renegade
Renegade