The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

War&Peace project (in the works)

Want help or feel the urge to show off? Then here is the place for you.

War&Peace project (in the works)

Postby Maybe » Jun 14th, '11, 01:17

Still working on it (needs A LOT of editing), but this is what I have so far.
Attachments
war&peace.jpg
war&peace.jpg (271.43 KiB) Viewed 1886 times
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
EG. wrote:and i dont even like hot dog
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Re: War&Peace project (in the works)

Postby Maybe » Jun 14th, '11, 15:36

C.R.E.A.M wrote:Holy shit man this is mindblowing. :worship:

Thanks man!
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby trueSkill » Jun 14th, '11, 15:59

you are probably looking for feedback so here it is: i think you are using effects for the heck of it.
way too much bloom and amateur use of motion blur make the graphic look cheap.
the warmish colors are nice since i guess it reflects the peace part of the.
also some of the elements look like they were quickly pasted over the canvas like that sign on the distance lol

don't get discouraged though cuz if you keep trying you'll eventually come up with something better :y: :y:
trueSkill
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Maybe » Jun 14th, '11, 17:12

trueSkill wrote:you are probably looking for feedback so here it is: i think you are using effects for the heck of it.
way too much bloom and amateur use of motion blur make the graphic look cheap.
the warmish colors are nice since i guess it reflects the peace part of the.
also some of the elements look like they were quickly pasted over the canvas like that sign on the distance lol

don't get discouraged though cuz if you keep trying you'll eventually come up with something better :y: :y:

Hmm, thanks for the comment, but you're awfully mistaken about EVERY single thing you pointed out. Don't get me wrong, I love constructive criticism (it's how you improve), but you actually managed to point out the things that AREN't bad, lol. I'm aware it needs heavy editing, but:

I used no motion blur at all. The only "effects" used were gradient maps (black and white/orange and black), and they were set on a very low opacity. The sign in the background is part of the original stock photo, and remained unchanged just like every other aspect of the photo (since it was a perfect display of sad destruction and required no editing).

Thanks for trying to help me out, but next time learn about what it is you're commenting on.

Oh, if you're one of those "you're a liar, na na na" people, I'll screenshot the Photoshop steps... Or hell, I'll even post the PSD.
classthe_king wrote:
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eazy-GFX » Jun 14th, '11, 17:57

Looks fucking great so far. How long have you been working on it? Looking forward to the final result.
TorieCheng72 wrote:Excuse me, didn't realize y'all were the almighty soldiers weeding out opinions. Get a life gangsta wanna beez.
Eazy-GFX
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Maybe » Jun 14th, '11, 18:27

Thanks man ^

As you can probably see, I need to even out that weird smoke in the middle, close the second end of the smoke on the other side of the kid (my right side), and fix some of the lighting. I've probably put an hour in to it so far, but I'm looking at a good 3-4 hours of work to go.
classthe_king wrote:
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ThomasJ » Jun 16th, '11, 13:27

This looks sick as fuck, can't wait for the final version! :worship:
...The mortician of love, sent from above
Forced entry, the more wenchy, the more stingy I become
Been doing this for more than a quarter century, I'm just numb...
ThomasJ
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Slimm » Jun 18th, '11, 12:39

Looks great man. I love the picture and the difference in depth. I'm liking the high contrast-like coloring in the back, it fits the picture and what you're trying to get across.

Waiting on the final version for a definite rate. :b:
w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l ic
Slimm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Return to Graphics