The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Bo Burnham - what. (WORTH WATCHING!)

Got a great joke, a funny video or story? All in here.

Re: Bo Burnham - what. (WORTH WATCHING!)

Postby Steve Spag » Jan 20th, '14, 17:05

Haha, it was a pretty good show. Intro was weird as fuck but Bo is funnier than ever.
Former Rap God
Image
Image
User avatar
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model
 
Posts: 3055
Joined: Jul 14th, '06, 21:08
Location: Top Secret.
Gender: Male

Re: Bo Burnham - what. (WORTH WATCHING!)

Postby Spyder » Jan 20th, '14, 19:40

wasnt as good as words, words, words.

his left brain/right brain thing was odd.

the intro and outro's were funny/creative

the actualy comedy of the show was decent. worth watching yes but, loads below WWW
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper
 
Posts: 9418
Joined: Jan 31st, '09, 01:56
Location: El Dorado
Gender: Male

Re: Bo Burnham - what. (WORTH WATCHING!)

Postby Francesco » Jan 21st, '14, 00:37

I'll check it out... :y:
User avatar
Francesco
Genius
Genius
 
Posts: 10853
Joined: Sep 30th, '05, 01:00
Location: Brooklyn NY
Gender: Male

Re: Bo Burnham - what. (WORTH WATCHING!)

Postby SliK » Jan 21st, '14, 03:11

Spyder wrote:wasnt as good as words, words, words.

his left brain/right brain thing was odd.

the intro and outro's were funny/creative

the actualy comedy of the show was decent. worth watching yes but, loads below WWW

I think his ablility to make comedic songs, with underlying messages which resonate through out his overall show has improved a lot. I think he's growing as an artist.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4980
Joined: Dec 17th, '09, 06:03

Re: Bo Burnham - what. (WORTH WATCHING!)

Postby Steve Spag » Jan 21st, '14, 04:32

SliK wrote:
Spyder wrote:wasnt as good as words, words, words.

his left brain/right brain thing was odd.

the intro and outro's were funny/creative

the actualy comedy of the show was decent. worth watching yes but, loads below WWW

I think his ablility to make comedic songs, with underlying messages which resonate through out his overall show has improved a lot. I think he's growing as an artist.

Agreed, he has some pretty deep songs for this show.
Former Rap God
Image
Image
User avatar
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model
 
Posts: 3055
Joined: Jul 14th, '06, 21:08
Location: Top Secret.
Gender: Male

Re: Bo Burnham - what. (WORTH WATCHING!)

Postby TheVipBro » Jan 21st, '14, 04:42

I've heard him before, i sometimes listen to "Rant" pretty good song, "Cuz there's only one pope with only one dick" LMFAOO!
ImageImageImageImage
#EncoreFam #TeamNewGeneration
InsaneTRex94 wrote:I say let people fuck who they want to fuck and die how they want to die, whether it be from a heart attack after a Big Mac or crushing their skulls under a weight they were trying to lift.
User avatar
TheVipBro
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sep 3rd, '13, 23:00
Gender: Male

Re: Bo Burnham - what. (WORTH WATCHING!)

Postby DetroitSkills » Feb 13th, '14, 02:42

very nice :laughing:
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore #teamEllenPage
"Enough rhymes to maybe try to help get some people through tough times
But I gotta keep a few punchlines just in case cause even you unsigned
Rappers are hungry looking at me like it's lunch time"
Image
Image
User avatar
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader
 
Posts: 7255
Joined: Sep 7th, '13, 21:04
Location: Detroit, What!?
Gender: Male

Re: Bo Burnham - what. (WORTH WATCHING!)

Postby Hadez » Feb 15th, '14, 06:10

"I like your hands 'cause your fingerprints are like no other."

that shit was funny as hell.
User avatar
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4632
Joined: Jan 11th, '06, 03:42
Gender: Male

Re: Bo Burnham - what. (WORTH WATCHING!)

Postby DetroitSkills » Feb 19th, '14, 02:05

Hadez wrote:"I like your hands 'cause your fingerprints are like no other."

that shit was funny as hell.

:laughing: :laughing:
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore #teamEllenPage
"Enough rhymes to maybe try to help get some people through tough times
But I gotta keep a few punchlines just in case cause even you unsigned
Rappers are hungry looking at me like it's lunch time"
Image
Image
User avatar
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader
 
Posts: 7255
Joined: Sep 7th, '13, 21:04
Location: Detroit, What!?
Gender: Male

Re: Bo Burnham - what. (WORTH WATCHING!)

Postby Emadyville » Feb 22nd, '14, 15:40

bo is the fuckin man :worship:
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that


I love you Daren
User avatar
Emadyville
Django
Django
 
Posts: 24833
Joined: Jan 17th, '08, 15:58
Location: Catasauqua PA
Gender: Male

Re: Bo Burnham - what. (WORTH WATCHING!)

Postby Willy » Apr 30th, '14, 18:37

Not a fan. I like my comedians with some edge.
Image

Fuck Willou
User avatar
Willy
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1745
Joined: Oct 2nd, '10, 19:58
Location: Poopville
Gender: Male

Re: Bo Burnham - what. (WORTH WATCHING!)

Postby Willy » Apr 30th, '14, 19:23

I think he's smart guy and says some funny stuff, but the presentation isn't accessible. The god rant you posted was well written and he is clearly talented, but his show relies too heavily on gags and silliness that serve to distract the audience from ideas that aren't interesting. Also, don't be a cunt and facepalm me you stupid fuck.
Image

Fuck Willou
User avatar
Willy
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1745
Joined: Oct 2nd, '10, 19:58
Location: Poopville
Gender: Male

Re: Bo Burnham - what. (WORTH WATCHING!)

Postby Willy » May 2nd, '14, 01:00

Ya got me
Image

Fuck Willou
User avatar
Willy
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1745
Joined: Oct 2nd, '10, 19:58
Location: Poopville
Gender: Male

Re: Bo Burnham - what. (WORTH WATCHING!)

Postby Amadeo » May 13th, '14, 16:26

I'll have to give this guy a chance and check out this special when I get time.

I heard his musical comedy and he strikes me as a young guy who's being a smartass for the sake of being a smartass...not to mention showing off his education for the sake of it. He's clearly got potential, though...he'll be a superb comedian by the time he hits his 30s/40s.

It's kind of like rapper when he drops a dope freestyle verse with clever punchlines/rhymes or whatever. Cool...but can you put together an actual song with meaningful, powerful lyrics?

I guess this is the early part of a comedian's career where you have to earn your stripes and show that you can do the one-liners and gags of that nature. You can't really wax philosophical about life in your early 20s.
User avatar
Amadeo
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sep 29th, '13, 10:50

Re: Bo Burnham - what. (WORTH WATCHING!)

Postby SliK » May 13th, '14, 23:22

Amadeo wrote:I'll have to give this guy a chance and check out this special when I get time.

I heard his musical comedy and he strikes me as a young guy who's being a smartass for the sake of being a smartass...not to mention showing off his education for the sake of it. He's clearly got potential, though...he'll be a superb comedian by the time he hits his 30s/40s.

It's kind of like rapper when he drops a dope freestyle verse with clever punchlines/rhymes or whatever. Cool...but can you put together an actual song with meaningful, powerful lyrics?

I guess this is the early part of a comedian's career where you have to earn your stripes and show that you can do the one-liners and gags of that nature. You can't really wax philosophical about life in your early 20s.

He has evolved throughout his career, "what." is by far his best work and really is a great overall show.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4980
Joined: Dec 17th, '09, 06:03

Next

Return to Comedy Crib



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users