The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Get rid of the Sub-Sections.

All discussion on sites under the TRshady Network goes here.
This includes suggestions, problems, ideas and general talk.

Get rid of the Sub-Sections.

Postby Satire » Dec 17th, '10, 04:16

I wasn't going to open my mouth because I thought someone else would have by now, but no one did. I know this is the wrong place, this is to make sure people actually see it, unlike the sub-sections. Give me a warning, w/e. You guys seem to be on a move topic frenzy anyways, I'm sure you won't mind moving one more topic to Shady Sites.

Did anyone besides the staff of this site actually want these? Let alone, enjoy them :unsure: . I understand at one point in time you wanted to clean up the main section. Alright, that's cool, I get it. That's when "Shady Reviews" came to life. It stopped members from making a new topic about a song/album every time their opinion changes new find music that's new to them. That's cool. Alright.

Then "Shady Chit-Chat" was brought in, which was basically a recycle bin to throw all of "the stupid" in, or for topics that are very vaguely related to Eminem but still have a small relation to him. Okay, I'm cool with that too. In fact that's even more necessary than Shady Reviews.

And these 3 little piggies were cool like dat for a while...The only problem being is that the Eminem section, despite Recovery's success, was hardly active other than 3-4 new topics a day (now, it can go as low as 1), and 75% of those topics were videos, discussion of sales (It's a new album...what do you expect..), and the critical recognition Recovery & Eminem was getting this year (Again, he just released a popular, commercial album). Then, for whatever reason, Shady Media is introduced to separate the little topics we already have from the main section. That's where I'm like, wtf, but whatever. I didn't care.

Until I actually saw them in action, and now nearly every topic that involves Eminem is moved to one of the sub sections or locked because it's "already been posted" (Why? Because of the same sub sections).

The new staff is cool and all. You made really good choices, :y: to Kami & Dr3. But seriously, is the moderation here bored or something? I realize you're all trying to "find ways to improve the community", but this isn't one of them. No one would care as much if the biggest news we've had for a long, Em's apparently upcoming movie, didn't just have a 10 page topic that was moved to Shady Media :shakehead:.
The Silent King of Spam's post wrote:Hi there guys, here's what belongs in this sub-forum:

Videos

Any kind of footage/video that includes Eminem, concert footage, live performances on tv shows and award shows, music videos, regular videos of him backstage, etc.

Award Shows

All award show threads. Anything from normal discussions about the award show, awards won, perfomances, etc.

Charts

All charting of albums, singles (past and present), all billboard news and yadayada, you see the picture.
Note: The Recovery Chart thread will be moved here and stickied untill it's no longer needed (for example if we have a new Eminem album up for sale)."

The article about Southpaw did not include a video, it is not an award show, and it most certainly had nothing to do with Charts. I'm sorry, but this is pissing off more people than it's helping. NOBODY CHECKS THESE SUB SECTIONS OTHER THAN MEMBERS THAT HAVE BEEN HERE FOR A MODERATE AMOUNT OF TIME.

While you're at it, there's no point to the Underground section of the Hip Hop section either. Cage, Hopsin, Copywrite, and other topics involving "underground artists" are all made frequently in the main section, the only difference it's making is that some people actually use it and then wonder why no one's replying to their topic :coffee:

/rant over.

Also, inb4
Last edited by Satire on Dec 17th, '10, 04:32, edited 1 time in total.
Satire
Renegade
Renegade

Re: Get rid of the Sub-Sections.

Postby Fa-Q » Dec 17th, '10, 04:19

That;s on some Embase shit right thuuurrr
Fa-Q
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Bistnal » Dec 17th, '10, 04:27

Honestly, about the Media section, I agree. When the section was in the process of making, I remember vividly saying that it probably wouldn't get much topics made in there because the way it was described, not many topics would fit into that critera. And now it seems everything media related, even if it's by a long stretch go in there...even if there's really no need. I don't really mind personally, but it can get annoying, going through 3 subsections for the good topics.
Bistnal
Role Model
Role Model

Postby embm » Dec 17th, '10, 05:09

only reason they put tat shit ther is 2 populize their idea ie its a big news so they want traffic in a dead section :whistle:
i say keep media section BUT keep it 4 media
sales charts/twitter/news abt a mvi or upcomin event witout a vid has nothin 2 do wit media
media means videos & songs
kam got a lot of utube links jus kep pstn tat shit in ther & dnt wry if its smthn rare/new pple wud use ur section ;) O:)

othr than tat yall r doin a gr8 job :flower:
embm
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Emadyville » Dec 17th, '10, 05:44

chit chat cleaned the eminem section up a lot, because otherwise there were a bunch of topics that get locked because they are stupid and pointless topics, or topics that are simple questions answered in one post, you don't see the usage of it because the em section is now clean, which was the point of it...newer members weren't here when these stupid topics were being made on a daily basis, and a few a day, it cleaned up the section and you don't see it's purpose, while cleaning the section up was the purpose.

The only sub-section that you would have to "go to" to see other relevant topics would be shady media. Shady reviews are just peoples thoughts and opinions of songs, plus a few reviews on his albums, that's not news, so saying you have to go there or to chit-chat to find topics is completely wrong.

Shady media was made for all of the videos that would get posted originally, or that was the original idea I should say, but more guidelines were added to allow for topics to be put there so there wouldn't be so many stickied threads in the regular em section, again, to clean it up. People saying that no one goes there is retarded, the recovery sales thread and the twitter thread have gotten as many posts and traffic as before, and the little it has lessed in the sales thread is simply because the album has been out for over 6 months already.

If anything, shady media is where the more important topics have gone to, and while I agree that we should look into not moving as many topics there, to everyone saying that moderators are doing it cause they have the power and want to use it is just plain stupid. Moderators don't get paid, they take their time to come on here and keep the forum nice for everyone else, and you all want to piss and moan until you want us to do something for you right? Seems rather rude, unjustified, and is simply showing how ungrateful some members really are.

New sections are made to clean the eminem section up, and to say that clicking a section to see topics is so difficult, all you're saying is that you're all fuckin lazy and not necessarily really thinking when you make posts and topics like these to complain. Do you really think I sit here and think to myself, hmmm how can I make this forum as difficult to enjoy as possible? Or lets see, what can I do today to piss members off and have them belittle myself and the mod staff? Everything is done with a purpose to make this forum better, and if you think otherwise, well you're not thinking at all, and if you don't like it either grow up or leave for a better forum...which there isn't. Stop being so ungrateful, all of you, like I said before we don't get anything for doing what we do except hear you all bitch and complain. Instead of writing long ass posts to complain, why don't you just click the other section?

Exactly :coffee:
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby ku53v » Dec 17th, '10, 06:16

just wondering why exactly did you move the thread about the movie
doesnt match the criteria of the section at all
ku53v

Postby Emadyville » Dec 17th, '10, 06:20

ku53v wrote:just wondering why exactly did you move the thread about the movie
doesnt match the criteria of the section at all

we're stupid, that's clearly why, did I forget to say how stupid we are in my post? that's my bad, well it was moved because we're incompetent, but that goes without saying obviously.

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby ku53v » Dec 17th, '10, 06:23

that explains it all
ku53v

Postby Emadyville » Dec 17th, '10, 06:35

ku53v wrote:that explains it all

glad i could help :smoking:

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby dR3 » Dec 17th, '10, 11:06

I bet that moving the movie thread is the only reason why you rant about the Media section. That was a mistake, we admit that. Not gonna happen again, that's for sure.
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby One Mic » Dec 17th, '10, 11:30

The moderators need to start using common sense, as opposed to "putting everything in boxes" so to speak. The forum is a disgrace at the moment, but it's a combination of several things.
One Mic
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Emadyville » Dec 18th, '10, 01:21

One Mic wrote:The moderators need to start using common sense, as opposed to "putting everything in boxes" so to speak. The forum is a disgrace at the moment, but it's a combination of several things.

How is it a disgrace, if you don't mind elaborating?

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby NicoleEM » Dec 18th, '10, 03:19

Actually i don't mind any of this..i only use View new posts and use Search if i wanna open a new thread,to make sure it wasnt posted before. :flower:
"You just hurt my god damn feelin' and that was the last one i had"
NicoleEM
Renegade
Renegade

Postby toxicbuffy » Dec 18th, '10, 17:44

i agree the em section has changed, and i dont really like it ....
No point of having media section
shady chit chat i do understand and should stay, but media section has no point being there.
Go Habs Go
toxicbuffy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Emadyville » Dec 18th, '10, 22:24

NicoleEM wrote:Actually i don't mind any of this..i only use View new posts and use Search if i wanna open a new thread,to make sure it wasnt posted before. :flower:

Wow, we running against common sense and a man in a wheelchair, thank you so much for saying what I had been holding back since this thread was made :worship:

People, listen to Nicole, she uses common sense ;)

O and to see the "thread" or whatever you people made when you "can't find it" like it's fuckin hidden in my house, just hit 'view your posts' :coffee:

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Next

Return to Speak on Shady Sites