The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

weeding out the spammers/useless members

All discussion on sites under the TRshady Network goes here.
This includes suggestions, problems, ideas and general talk.

Re: weeding out the spammers/useless members

Postby classthe_king » Apr 23rd, '11, 03:24

Why would you want to ban yourself?

I don't get it :sweating:
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby momentsgolden » Apr 23rd, '11, 03:35

You know, that could be a good idea. Except, it'd probably lead to the most Eminem hating forum on the net! Using the example you just gave... Sla is brainless. No Doubt. But the guy (or girl) seems to actually LOVE Eminem. You need one or two members who obsess about his hair and feet.... to balance the "hip-hop head mentality" of Eminem falling of and stuff.

Thing is, there still seem to be good discussions every once in a while but most are in HHHD. The Eminem section is devoid of any multi-syllabic debating of the EminemInsider Vs EminemBase era. Weeding out Sla would remove even the resemblance of Balance left.
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Satire » Apr 23rd, '11, 03:45

Why? So the public can lynch anyone who goes against the grain? :facepalm.

Relying on the general consensus to ban terrible members is equivalent to inhaling toxic fumes to stop the hurt of a papercut. If this went through someone like Class or Lello could get banned for no valid reason at all. People misuse the word "troll" so much it's not even funny, and you think giving them any type of power in the judgment of the value of members is a good idea? That's a TERRIBLE idea. Not to mention how easy it is to actually troll the poll with friends & alts.

As much as I want Sla banned he's just an idiot and hasn't done anything wrong or harmful to the forum. More often than not, his controversial actions are done within the boundaries of the Backstage, the place where this type of freedom is supposed to be allowed. He started acting retarded when members put the spotlight on his stupid posts, so if the general public wants him to leave they can literally just ignore him and he'll start disappearing like Macdaddy did. He only tries to piss you off when you talk to him, so the trick is: Don't talk to him.

Edit: And for the record, I am in no way supporting Sla. I'm just stating that the method mentioned to ban him with in the OP is just stupid.
Last edited by Satire on Apr 23rd, '11, 08:21, edited 2 times in total.
Satire
Renegade
Renegade

Postby VenomBlackViper » Apr 23rd, '11, 04:17

No, no everyone shut up. I agree with this, ban Sla. You don't even have to tell everyone you did, if he never posts here again no one would care enough to ask questions or notice he's gone.
VenomBlackViper
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Master Chief » Apr 23rd, '11, 04:18

VenomBlackViper wrote:No, no everyone shut up. I agree with this, ban Sla. You don't even have to tell everyone you did, if he never posts here again no one would care enough to ask questions or notice he's gone.

This has been said a million times.

FUCKING DO IT.

Satirical Graphitical Productions.
Master Chief
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Sla » Apr 23rd, '11, 07:30

classthe_king wrote:Why would you want to ban yourself?

Good point. I read a few times about members complaining about him. It's not like he's the most idolized on TRShady. So stop being a hypocrite and pointing the finger at others, *****, if you aren't that loved. You are hiding behind your mod status, you are only strong knowing all your friends are with you. In a face to face situation you would cry. Like Maybe. He started a thread, all his friends came in, and he still said shit. Fucking Pussys.

And yes, someone got it. How pathtetic would it be, banning an ontopic guy like me on an Eminem board? One who has great opinions about Em? Come on, guys, let's be serious. If you don't like my attitude, ignore me. But you know exactly, that you can't do this. Spammers/trolls/flamers need posters like me. I give them the breath to live. And remember that banning me could create some kinda revolution. You shouldn't think that no one would give a fuck. There are tons of members liking how I act and talk. Old members, mature members, members with brain, 80-90 % of the girls.

I'll stay here forever, I swear. TRShady is my virtual home, I have to die to leave.
Last edited by Sla on Apr 23rd, '11, 07:34, edited 2 times in total.
Sla
Soldier
Soldier

Postby 12characters » Apr 23rd, '11, 07:33

Sla wrote:

Good point. I read a few times about members complaining about him. It's not like he's the most idolized on TRShady. So stop being a hypocrite and pointing the finger at others, *****, if you aren't that loved. You are hiding behind your mod status, you are only strong knowing all your friends are with you. In a face to face situation you would cry. Like Maybe. He started a thread, all his friends came in, and he still said shit. Fucking Pussys.

And yes, someone got it. How pathtetic would it be, banning an ontopic guy like me on an Eminem board? One who has great opinions about Em? Come on, guys, let's be serious. If you don't like my attitude, ignore me. But you know exactly, that you can't do this. Spammers/trolls/flamers need posters like me. I give them the breath to live. And remember that banning me could create some kinda revolution. You shouldn't think that no one would give a fuck. There are tons of members liking how I act and talk. Old members, mature members, members with brain, 80-90 % of the girls.

I'll stay here forever, I swear. TRShady is my virtual home, I have to die to leave.

That was rather intense.
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby VenomBlackViper » Apr 23rd, '11, 08:16

Sla wrote:

More reason to ban him tbh.
VenomBlackViper
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby macdaddy019967 » Apr 23rd, '11, 08:59

Sla wrote:

:worship:
#JMG #SacJB #ToxicBuffy #Trinell #Meadows_Killas
macdaddy019967
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Mahmoud48 » Apr 23rd, '11, 15:52

Sla wrote:

:worship:
ODD FUTURE ASAP OVOXO BLACK HIPPY GOOD MUSIC
Mahmoud48
Renegade
Renegade

Postby classthe_king » Apr 23rd, '11, 17:09

How did I not see it before? Sla is Robot.

Ban him.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Robbie G » Apr 23rd, '11, 17:31

classthe_king wrote:How did I not see it before? Sla is Robot.

Ban him.

This
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Satire » Apr 23rd, '11, 18:57

Robbie G wrote:

Ban him.

This
Satire
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Sam. » Apr 23rd, '11, 19:15

Satire wrote:
Robbie G wrote:

Ban him.

This

This
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Master Chief » Apr 23rd, '11, 19:18

Ban him.

I fucking knew it!

Satirical Graphitical Productions.
Master Chief
Role Model
Role Model

Next

Return to Speak on Shady Sites