The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

The Board Index Needs To Be Reviewed

All discussion on sites under the TRshady Network goes here.
This includes suggestions, problems, ideas and general talk.

The Board Index Needs To Be Reviewed

Postby Xray » May 18th, '11, 08:16

In all seriousness, there is quite a few flaws in our current board index, that should be looked at. I know this is a long post, but please bare with me as I have a few things to say regarding the matter.

Comedy Crib: We've already got sections to share jokes. I mean it's not very active because mostly everyone uses Shady Shots and Backstage to share their jokes. So this section seems forced imo. I can see why it was originally brought up though, probably for discussions about comedians, but even then, you can add it as a sub-section in Entertainment. It makes more sense to me that way.

Webmaster World/Computing: There should be one section. Computing being the prime section and Webmaster World as it's sub. It really looks forced to me. Simply because most people that need help about computers, need it urgently, am I wrong? So they use Backstage instead. Not to mention most members single-handedly have more posts than both these sections have combined.

G-Unit: Do they even exist anymore? I mean when was the last time you heard G-Unit on a song, performing as a group? 2008/9 maybe? They disbanded and signed so many new artists, no one even gives a shit about G-Unit anymore. Not to mention if this section was really inspired, there would be sub-sections for 50, Banks, Yayo, and Young Buck. But there isn't, cause it's forced, it's nothing but a filler. If I was to make a G-Unit thread, I'd post it in HHD.

Shady Records/Dirty Dozen: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Shady Records Eminem's label? And isn't D12 in Shady Records? So why do we have all these dead sections made seperate, that no one bothers to check besides a hand-few dedicated members? It's stupid. Eminem's name gets brought up the most in Dirty Dozen, why is it that? Idk, maybe cause it's an Eminem forum and it should be subbed in the Eminem section, because Eminem is apart of it, after all? I could be crazy though...BUT..it's Eminem discussion. Just go check both these sections, if you don't believe me.

Eminem News and Site Updates: Ever since I've joined, I've always felt clueless why on Earth is Eminem's name brought up in this section? Eminem section wasn't enough? There's not enough Eminem news there? It's extremely forced as fuck. The closest thing to an explanation I can get from all of this is possibly because they wanted some activity to speak about Site Updates, so they put Eminem's name up there, for the fuck of it. And for the it to fuck with our heads.

There's my two cents. But seriously? Instead of Shady States forum having Hip Hop Domain in it, which makes no sense what-so-ever. Shady/Aftermath News should replace it, and instead of naming it "Shady States" it should be renamed to the Eminem Forum. Every section relating to Eminem should be there to rap it up as the official Eminem hangout zone to prevent the members who have grown tired of Eminem discussions to roam freely and with ease. It's not even about that though, it just looks ridiculous atm. I don't think the staff are bothered as I am lol.

Thank you for your time.
Over a billion Muslims, you could never stop Islam
Over a billion bullets shooting from the chopper's arm
Carry a motherfucker head that I shred in Nam
I speak literally, figuratively, the prophet gone

New Track: The Nightmare
Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: The Board Index Needs To Be Reviewed

Postby Satire » May 18th, '11, 08:23

Good points brought up surprisingly. I found myself agreeing with alot of it, dope thread X.

Thumbs up if Satire's "If you could delete a section" brought you here. :y:
Satire
Renegade
Renegade

Postby VenomBlackViper » May 18th, '11, 08:34

Agreed completely, eliminate G-Unit & Dirty Dozen completely & turn Shady/Aftermath into either one section or better yet a sub-section of Eminem. Speaking of sub-sections get rid of Underground & Old School from HHD, no one uses that shit anymore anyways.

Gaming & Sports Arena should be sub sections of Entertainment

Shady / Aftermath News should be eliminated completely

Speak on Shady Sites & Eminem News and Site Updates should be merged into one thread called Site News, Updates & Suggestions.

@Satire Image
VenomBlackViper
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Atone » May 18th, '11, 08:54

Agreed
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Satire » May 18th, '11, 09:07

Venom wrote:Speaking of sub-sections get rid of Underground & Old School from HHD, no one uses that shit anymore anyways.

I never found the reasoning in deleting the UK Hip Hop section but keeping the Underground section tbh. I mean yes, obviously it is going to be less active, but that's a reason as to why it was so important. It's like an archive. A small section for the tight-woven circle of people who DO enjoy the music or for newcomers who have just discovered a new UK artist they enjoyed (Trust me, it feels like a rare feeling the first time) looking for a place to share their thoughts on said artists or find something similar to venture further into the culture.

You like UK Hip-Hop, you make a topic about an artist in the HHD, you get a response from One Mic saying he's bad or the ever so blissful "I can't get past the accent!", and then it fades into the blackness of the after-pages. As opposed to you like UK Hip-Hop, you go to the UK sub-section and find several topics that haven't been replied to in a while but still at least have responses and accessibility.

I don't really care if the sub-section comes back because I only listen to 2 UK artists, but I really just don't know why it went, but the Underground section didn't. Unlike the mentioned, underground favorites are a given for any Hip-Hop fan. Alot of the good music today isn't in the mainstream, that's a fact and it isn't so different from the mainstream that it falls back into the hands of only a few people's "tastes". That's why underground artists are always discussed in the main HH section. The sub-section is literally only there for someone who doesn't know better and creates a topic that is lucky to get a response in two weeks. It's pointless.

As for the Old School section, it was a good idea in theory and works in the same premise that I set out for the UK section, but everyone just said fuck it when the main old-school lovers don't acknowledge it's existence anyways.
Satire
Renegade
Renegade

Postby dR3 » May 18th, '11, 11:47

This makes sense, I agree. But it needs to get approved by TR himself, he is the one who created this forum after all.
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby B.A.D. » May 18th, '11, 13:42

dR3 wrote:This makes sense, I agree. But it needs to get approved by TR himself, he is the one who created this forum after all.

true, but its a good idea actually... we should bring it up on the mod section
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Xray » May 18th, '11, 16:03

Satire wrote:
Venom wrote:Speaking of sub-sections get rid of Underground & Old School from HHD, no one uses that shit anymore anyways.

I never found the reasoning in deleting the UK Hip Hop section but keeping the Underground section tbh. I mean yes, obviously it is going to be less active, but that's a reason as to why it was so important. It's like an archive. A small section for the tight-woven circle of people who DO enjoy the music or for newcomers who have just discovered a new UK artist they enjoyed (Trust me, it feels like a rare feeling the first time) looking for a place to share their thoughts on said artists or find something similar to venture further into the culture.

You like UK Hip-Hop, you make a topic about an artist in the HHD, you get a response from One Mic saying he's bad or the ever so blissful "I can't get past the accent!", and then it fades into the blackness of the after-pages. As opposed to you like UK Hip-Hop, you go to the UK sub-section and find several topics that haven't been replied to in a while but still at least have responses and accessibility.

I don't really care if the sub-section comes back because I only listen to 2 UK artists, but I really just don't know why it went, but the Underground section didn't. Unlike the mentioned, underground favorites are a given for any Hip-Hop fan. Alot of the good music today isn't in the mainstream, that's a fact and it isn't so different from the mainstream that it falls back into the hands of only a few people's "tastes". That's why underground artists are always discussed in the main HH section. The sub-section is literally only there for someone who doesn't know better and creates a topic that is lucky to get a response in two weeks. It's pointless.

As for the Old School section, it was a good idea in theory and works in the same premise that I set out for the UK section, but everyone just said fuck it when the main old-school lovers don't acknowledge it's existence anyways.

Couldn't agree more. Members like Killa, Bar, Kez, MikeNUFC, One Mic, Sleepy etc. used to be frequently active in UK Hip-Hop. It was like a hanging out area for everybody from the UK, that's the way I seen it, I'm not sure why no one from the UK has complained about this yet.

I'm with you about the Underground section. Almost every single thread in HHD has discussion about an underground rapper, I mean we might as well make a "Mainstream" section, as far as anyones concerned about hip hop stereotypes anymore. No one is ever really saying that a dope song is wack because it's Underground, or because it's Mainstream, that time has perished.

You mentioned archives and it gave me an idea. I think it would make more sense if it was like an Underground archive, where we have all of the threads like one of your recent successful ones (150 Albums That Every Hip-Hop Fan Needs To Check Out etc.) stored there for quick-browsing. I remember Maybe had a stickied thread in HHD (legendary rappers that you must check out) or something along that concept, and it got deleted. It should of been backed up.

It was a good thread, and we need more like it. It can show up for all the hard work that we've put in to this Hip Hop shit as rap fans. Having archives would be dope as hell. Much like that thread in the Download section (304 Full Discographies by Shady Records.YO) and how many people love that thread? It's awesome to have threads like that, it's just very simple and convenient.

Satire wrote:Thumbs up if Satire's "If you could delete a section" brought you here. :y:

Hell yeah.

Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby dR3 » May 18th, '11, 16:30

I made a thread in the Mod section, let's see what the guys have to say.
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby momentsgolden » May 18th, '11, 16:40

Xray wrote:Much like that thread in the Download section (304 Full Discographies by Shady Records.YO) and how many people love that thread? It's awesome to have threads like that, it's just very simple and convenient.

Does that one still work?! I think i've tried and it had a few problems. But Mike's thread is :worship:

Archives would be a great addition on the real.
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Xray » May 18th, '11, 17:35

dR3 wrote:I made a thread in the Mod section, let's see what the guys have to say.

Thanks bro, and don't forget to keep us updated. :y:

C.R.E.A.M wrote:Wait, There was a section specified in UK Hip Hop ? :o :worship:
Why was it deleted ? :shakehead:

I think because MC Maybe deleted his account along with all of his posts, so that thread must of got deleted during that process. Reason why I mentioned "it should of been backed up."

Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby SajN » May 18th, '11, 17:37

If I am not mistaken, the UK people wanted it gone because they didn't want a section for UK Hip-Hop, they wanted HHD to be for UK aswell.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Return to Speak on Shady Sites