The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

BIG Suggestion for the site.

All discussion on sites under the TRshady Network goes here.
This includes suggestions, problems, ideas and general talk.

BIG Suggestion for the site.

Postby Blu » Aug 31st, '12, 03:15

Listen up guys, I'm not usually the type to compare one thing to another, but hell, I just have to for this post.

I love this forum. I enjoy the small community we have. It's nice to just surf around every once in a while when I have nothing else to do.

But, the thing is, we have such a small traffic that it's gotten to the point where it bothers me.

I just dislike opening up the forum and seeing the same 10 people online, it's horrible. I'm tired of seeing the same threads I had already read in the "View unread posts".

Now, some people like the small community. I mean, it's better than having a bunch of crazy people running around, right? Well, not exactly. A bigger community means more open-minded discussions. This forum is just stuck on the same repetitive arguments; it's always about Kanye, Tech N9ne, Eminem, and once in a blue moon some random rapper.

The thing I want to suggest, is that we need to expand. And by "expand," I mean we need to open up our musical tastes. Seems like everyone here just loves the same three artists: Em, Tech, and Nas or something.

Everyday Man1x is literally talking about Kendrick Lamar, and it's a good thing because he's finally bringing some other talent to the forum, but his topics aren't that active. I saw that Slim Fiasco posted the Food & Liquor 2 track list, and the topic only had about 10 replies.

It seems like most people here are just stuck in a bubble. I realize that people come here for Eminem, but that doesn't mean you can't love other artists.

How many people here listen to indie music? What about electronica? Dubstep? Anything besides hip-hop?

I just feel like we need to break out of this "bubble" and find a way to open up the musical aspect of the forum to really bring in traffic.

Thank you all and have a great day. :y:
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: BIG Suggestion for the site.

Postby 12characters » Aug 31st, '12, 03:23

I don't think anybody this applies to, reads this section. Who knows though, I just helped its chances of showing up first under "view unread posts". :y:
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby LIL_B » Aug 31st, '12, 03:24

Imagegreat post, my exact thought.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Respect the cock! And tame the cunt!
LIL_B
Renegade
Renegade

Postby DƎRDYPK » Aug 31st, '12, 03:27

#ProtectTR
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby Solace » Aug 31st, '12, 03:30

Idgi, your suggestion for the site is to get everybody listening to more music?
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Blu » Aug 31st, '12, 03:33

Solace wrote:Idgi, your suggestion for the site is to get everybody listening to more music?

Well, yeah.

I mean, I'm pretty sure there's people here that listen to tons of artists and other genres, but they just don't post topics because they know they won't get attention.

You can't get a lot of traffic if we're just talking about the same four artists lol.

Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Solace » Aug 31st, '12, 03:34

Alright, let's get on that then. :y:
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Blu » Aug 31st, '12, 03:37

Yeah, man. Just start listening to more artists, find music you really like.

Have more discussions, hook more people on the music, this place will be booming.

OH and also, I think we should just change the "General Music" section. Just merge that with "Hip-Hop Domain", but just make it one section.

Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Solace » Aug 31st, '12, 03:39

I do remember some sort of discussion like that but I don't think it ever went well.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Blu » Aug 31st, '12, 03:43

^ About the "General Music" section?

Man, this whole forum could use a clean-up. So many unnecessary sections. We just need an "Eminem" section and "Shady Records" section for discussions concerning those topics.

We can keep "The Afterparty" and its sub-sections. But, we could just merge "Gaming Spot" with "Entertainment", I guess "Comedy Crib" could go there as well... :-k

Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Solace » Aug 31st, '12, 03:46

Yeah, I think you (maybe not?) posted the same exact idea about merging Gen Music and Hip Hop Domain and there were a lot of people who agreed but in the end...Nothing happened.

And exactly. Aren't comedy and gaming both divisions of Entertainment anyway? The section would make more sense titled Television & Movies or something. I really doubt this forum will get the clean up it needs though. I'm content (along with most of the members) of how it is now anyway, but there's no hurt in making it better.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby LIL_B » Aug 31st, '12, 03:46

B L U 4 M O D
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Respect the cock! And tame the cunt!
LIL_B
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Amaranthine » Aug 31st, '12, 03:51

On the General Music/Hip-Hop thing...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145940&start=45#p1922052
You should read this.
I break my back to give you my art, you steal my thoughts
It's like driving a spike through my heart

Geno wrote:I don't wanna have a kid with Zabe tbh.
Amaranthine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Blu » Aug 31st, '12, 03:53

Solace wrote:Yeah, I think you (maybe not?) posted the same exact idea about merging Gen Music and Hip Hop Domain and there were a lot of people who agreed but in the end...Nothing happened.

Lmao if it was me, probably was. I also remember making a thread in this same section wanting to expand the forum, and people were agreeing on it, but like you said, nothing happened.
Solace wrote:And exactly. Aren't comedy and gaming both divisions of Entertainment anyway? The section would make more sense titled Television & Movies or something. I really doubt this forum will get the clean up it needs though. I'm content (along with most of the members) of how it is now anyway, but there's no hurt in making it better.
And that's the sad part. I like this place, it's a nice second home. It just really sucks that none of the actual good suggestions happen. Not like we're asking everyone to donate money or something. We could really make the forum a much more nicer and active place if we cleaned it up a bit lol.

Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Solace » Aug 31st, '12, 04:10

Amaranthine wrote:On the General Music/Hip-Hop thing...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145940&start=45#p1922052

Oh well.

I'll try posting more, been lazy not doing shit in my life and surprisingly enough that's less than posting on an online forum soooo. Yeah.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Next

Return to Speak on Shady Sites