The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Quick Messaging at the top of forum

All discussion on sites under the TRshady Network goes here.
This includes suggestions, problems, ideas and general talk.

Quick Messaging at the top of forum

Postby Tash8 » Feb 5th, '13, 09:38

this debate has been brought up before and i have disagreed with it for the most part...but with all these nonsense posts, it has made the serious discussion aspect of the forum a joke in itself..

Now i'm real open to ideas, cause this a dope site with a lot of intelligent people, but now a days, its soo much easier to make a joke than be serious...so I have an option, again, not my favorite option and I really think we need to fix this.

Some before proposed having a random messaging on top of forum like some other sites do. Hopefully we can keep those nonsense posts there. I understand the point of the backstage, but the truth is, back in the day, most of the time I was able to get close to some member because we would talk outside TR on msn/aim or something, I think this would engage members in a similar way. Right now, I have no clue who any of these people are and its hard for old guys like us to join in conversations. I think we need a better way to bring back people together and leave all the nonsense behind.

Again, I've always been against this idea, because it takes away from the actual forum, but in reality this isn't a forum anymore...at least not one where people work together to make something special (see C-Game's TR anthem)..now a days it's just about finding the right image or the right insult to have people quote you and like you. It's disturbing.. Kez i think started it in a very humorous way but the way people use it in every discussion with or not its important makes me just press back on my keyboard...Maybe, this will help put the nonsense in the instant messaging on top of the forum IMO.

what do you guys think? I know TR has been against this idea, but I really think we should take a look at what this place is becoming. I'm obviously part of the problem because I haven't been adding anything with value to this forum, but that's because i've been so detracted in coming here unless i know someone i know is on

and for ya'll about to post TLDR, that's fine, let this gimmick go on, why not see another 30 Geno is a faggot thread..Mods can only do so much to enforce the rules, and warnings are meaningless as a lot of this heads proly feel some pride in getting one.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Re: Quick Messaging at the top of forum

Postby Blu » Feb 5th, '13, 09:44

Yeah, I agree with you. And I like the idea. I don't really "know" anyone here, I'm just cool with a few people. That's about it.

But, the thing is, there's no reason for us to talk to each other. I DO want to communicate and interact with others but at the end of the day…it's just an Eminem forum. No one feels the need to talk to each other on a personal level because we just visit this place in hopes of Eminem news.

I do agree with you though and would like to see something like that added to the site.
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby RoleModel'Est96 » Feb 5th, '13, 11:28

Ditto on what Blu said
$$~女の子の女の子はその現金を得る。それは、9時から5時か、ボトムを振っている場合。~$$
Image Image ImageImage
perfection is the disease of a nation..it's the soul that needs the surgery
RoleModel'Est96
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SG. » Feb 5th, '13, 13:01

There is such a thing as an intelligent, or even an ironic joke. The fact that those 30 "Geno is a faggot" threads exist show that this is a close community that join together and have fun discussing things. The C.W. and A.S. section members collaborate all the time too.

Basically, what you're saying is almost null and void.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby Fleka » Feb 5th, '13, 13:52

I think you take this forum too seriously. It`s ok to have a serious conversations and make friends here. But it also ok to just fuck around.
You say you just leave if you don`t see anybody you know. Browse through sections and threads, post, get to know people. You have 12000 posts, you don`t need me to tell how to act here. If you just want to interact with the people you know, what is the poinet of internet forums?

And just ignore threads like "Geno is a faggot". Or post something stupid in them. Problems with this forum start when people take it too seriously and when they don`t take it serious enough.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Feb 5th, '13, 19:36

For the record those Geno threads were extremely necessary.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby the real slim shady » Feb 5th, '13, 21:07

Well i come here more to talk to people than for music news.. but when i get to the point where i want to talk to people more, i add them on msn. So saying about msn in the OP, that is still the case.
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Return to Speak on Shady Sites