The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

SL 2.0.... www.sectioneighty.com is coming

All discussion on sites under the TRshady Network goes here.
This includes suggestions, problems, ideas and general talk.

SL 2.0.... www.sectioneighty.com is coming

Postby Koolo » Nov 19th, '14, 17:38

i want to say three things

1- thank you
thank you to TRshady...they welcomed SL members even when some of us were rude...they were very nice to us...and for that i thank them

2- im sorry
i dont think i can express how sorry i am to SL members...when i heard the news i was in complete denial...i didnt believe cuz its my site..its dev site...its our site...and no one can touch my site...except my own brother, dev one

he killed it and i cant make it up to the people to the ones who spent so much time of their lives making up posts and threads...for all of it to be gone...i saw the signs that dev wasnt interested anymore on SL and it was my fault for not asking him to hand sl to me...i am sorry

3- www.SectionEighty.com
our new site will be in xenforo and way more dynamic then before...an entirely different "Vet" system...we want to encourage casual posting...we want trshady members to post in our forums without being bullied...we want the forum to be really alive so we will change things around...we will not be shady centered...we will focus on really growing the site

the new vet system will be totally different...everything you do on this forum will get you points...likes/reps/thread views....etc will get you points...once you hit a certain point you will become a "vet"...this will make sure we really give rewards to those who deserve it

the mods of the new forum will not be bullies...i remember once we hit 5-7k members on SL we stopped caring about growing it...this time is different...we will really work on making SE huge..we will take your suggestions


why the name?
After some discussion, that's what we landed on. It probably isn't what you expected, but we wanted a name we could grow with for the next 4-5 years.

I wanted to name the site after a classic album, but most of everything we tried was taken. So we went with Section Eighty, which Kendrick used to refer to his generation. RB and SL rode the success of Shady, KTT rode the success of Kanye, and we thought we'd bank on Kendrick going forward. Section Eighty is ambiguous yet specific enough not to put us in a box.

If you don't like it now, it'll grow on you.




thank you
Koolo
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Dec 25th, '10, 18:52

Re: SL 2.0.... www.sectioneighty.com is coming

Postby Koolo » Nov 19th, '14, 17:39

i forgot to mention

the new site will launch with sl sept 2011 data...few thousands members will be there with their information
Koolo
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Dec 25th, '10, 18:52

Re: SL 2.0.... www.sectioneighty.com is coming

Postby Slumerican » Nov 19th, '14, 17:42

will there be download section?
Image
These rappers really think they got shit locked
But they gonna know about me when my album drops #LoveStory
User avatar
Slumerican
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Nov 19th, '14, 16:55

Re: SL 2.0.... www.sectioneighty.com is coming

Postby Chalky » Nov 19th, '14, 17:48

SectionEighty > SL
User avatar
Chalky
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Dec 22nd, '13, 08:12
Gender: Male

Re: SL 2.0.... www.sectioneighty.com is coming

Postby Hank » Nov 19th, '14, 17:50

Good shit koolo! Hopefully the new vet system doesn't just encourage a bunch of spam bots
Hank
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Nov 18th, '14, 03:22

Re: SL 2.0.... www.sectioneighty.com is coming

Postby Koolo » Nov 19th, '14, 17:54

Slumerican wrote:will there be download section?


dl sections killed kanye live (kanyetothe before the move)
it killed rb
it killed sl

fuck dl sections...use torrents
Koolo
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Dec 25th, '10, 18:52

Re: SL 2.0.... www.sectioneighty.com is coming

Postby Koolo » Nov 19th, '14, 17:56

bigray wrote:Wow! that was quick.


i will keep what you said in mind

trshady members not happy...so i will try my best to build a site that attract both SL members and tr members...want something for all people

also need to mention this site will be owned by me and hasman
Koolo
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Dec 25th, '10, 18:52

Re: SL 2.0.... www.sectioneighty.com is coming

Postby Hank » Nov 19th, '14, 17:57

Maybe we should have an exclusives section for real.
Hank
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Nov 18th, '14, 03:22

Re: SL 2.0.... www.sectioneighty.com is coming

Postby Koolo » Nov 19th, '14, 17:59

guys we really have great ideas we will implement..we will make sure you want to register and use the site
Koolo
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Dec 25th, '10, 18:52

Re: SL 2.0.... www.sectioneighty.com is coming

Postby Atone » Nov 19th, '14, 18:09

i'll join once it get's started up
Image
User avatar
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4855
Joined: Jun 1st, '10, 08:47
Gender: Male

Re: SL 2.0.... www.sectioneighty.com is coming

Postby MatthewLives99 » Nov 19th, '14, 18:09

Koolo,

I think growing discussion, and combating bullying, is paramount. By the end, SL was just a few posters talking shit to one another. Very boring, and essentially anti-social environment. There is a lot of potential on the web for a good hip hop message board.

Keep up the good work,
Cpt Awesome

PS - I think I should be a vet, whatever that means in this iteration.
MatthewLives99
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Nov 5th, '13, 19:09

Re: SL 2.0.... www.sectioneighty.com is coming

Postby Koolo » Nov 19th, '14, 18:15

MatthewLives99 wrote:Koolo,

I think growing discussion, and combating bullying, is paramount. By the end, SL was just a few posters talking shit to one another. Very boring, and essentially anti-social environment. There is a lot of potential on the web for a good hip hop message board.

Keep up the good work,
Cpt Awesome

PS - I think I should be a vet, whatever that means in this iteration.


the new forum system will basically make posters like you...narshh...and twan vets...it supports your kinda of posting
Koolo
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Dec 25th, '10, 18:52

Re: SL 2.0.... www.sectioneighty.com is coming

Postby Chalky » Nov 19th, '14, 18:23

Do we have our old points we had cause some of the members there slaved for centuries on that's shit
User avatar
Chalky
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Dec 22nd, '13, 08:12
Gender: Male

Re: SL 2.0.... www.sectioneighty.com is coming

Postby MatthewLives99 » Nov 19th, '14, 18:32

Koolo wrote:
MatthewLives99 wrote:Koolo,

I think growing discussion, and combating bullying, is paramount. By the end, SL was just a few posters talking shit to one another. Very boring, and essentially anti-social environment. There is a lot of potential on the web for a good hip hop message board.

Keep up the good work,
Cpt Awesome

PS - I think I should be a vet, whatever that means in this iteration.


the new forum system will basically make posters like you...narshh...and twan vets...it supports your kinda of posting


twan, for sure. but NARSHH?!
MatthewLives99
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Nov 5th, '13, 19:09

Re: SL 2.0.... www.sectioneighty.com is coming

Postby Koolo » Nov 19th, '14, 18:35

MatthewLives99 wrote:
Koolo wrote:
MatthewLives99 wrote:Koolo,

I think growing discussion, and combating bullying, is paramount. By the end, SL was just a few posters talking shit to one another. Very boring, and essentially anti-social environment. There is a lot of potential on the web for a good hip hop message board.

Keep up the good work,
Cpt Awesome

PS - I think I should be a vet, whatever that means in this iteration.


the new forum system will basically make posters like you...narshh...and twan vets...it supports your kinda of posting


twan, for sure. but NARSHH?!


well

if he gets enough likes...enough thread views...enough discussions

then yes
Koolo
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Dec 25th, '10, 18:52

Next

Return to Speak on Shady Sites



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot]