The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

New TRshady.com Design ideas?

All discussion on sites under the TRshady Network goes here.
This includes suggestions, problems, ideas and general talk.

New TRshady.com Design ideas?

Postby TRshady » Jan 16th, '05, 10:52

As you will know TRshady.com has rown greatly in the past few weeks and its now a time when the first 'decent' design needs to come into play. The popularity is ever increasing and we're quickly becoming the best Eminem site, but we need a layout to reflect this ...

The new layout will include some new features like a advanced poll system, cross accounts ( where if your logged in on forum your also logged in at site for exclusive ), a more original navigation system and a less linear layout. Saying that, the layout will still be relatively simple, keeping things fast, easy to use / read and easily mantainable.

Now, this is where you guys come in ...

* What ideas do you have concerning a new layout?
* What colour schemes?
* What style of layout would you like to see?
* What do you like and dislike about the current?

Basically I'm all out on listening to what the 'fans' of TRshady.com want, feed me your ideas and I'll be sure to take them on and produce something ya'll can be proud off. Feel free to post sites with layouts you really like for ideas and so on ad I'll mix and match, add that TRshady touch and hopefully come out with something great to start the year.

Sorry for the lon thread, but please read and respond, after all ... it's all for the supporters of the site and god will give to those who help out, or so we're told. :roll:
TRshady
Government
Government

Postby bLuEsHiFt » Jan 16th, '05, 11:15

Well,

* First, make a website layout that matches the forum skin. (not very important)

* Poll system will be very nice, good idea.

* You need a website that has much more features (Reviews, Contests, Poll, Fan Art, Promotional)

-Reviews: Album reviews from Shady Records or G-Unit Records fans.
-Contests: A contest each 2 months
-Poll: Members can vote in poll, "Eminem's best song..." etc..
-Fan Art: Shady Records or G-Unit Records artists related drawings, graffiti, wallpapers...
-Promotional: T-shirts, Pens and that shit..

More ideas will come soon :)
bLuEsHiFt
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby TRshady » Jan 16th, '05, 11:24

Contests, competitions Polls and Articles have already been accounced and are to come.
As for other suggestions, we're not at a stage where we could offer any merchandise and won't be for a while, but certainly a thing to look into in the future. Fan art is definetly a good idea and will be available for the next layout ... they'll be categories of 'wallpapers', 'signatures', 'Drawings' and other Shady related art creations all made by the members of TRshady.com ..... this will also include 'work of the month' and so on with prizes.

Your right in saying the layout should be similar to skin. Will certainly be taken into account, would not like to look as if I'm copying dashadyspot who have used similar colours for sometime. Then again red and white are very popular and have been done for years before any shady sites.

Being a great help Blueshift, appreciated. :D
TRshady
Government
Government

Postby bLuEsHiFt » Jan 16th, '05, 11:29

Yes, the Merchendise isn't a good idea. I wanted to try this too on my website, but I don't have enough money to buy 10 CD's and deliver 'em to the winners. When I'll get a job (in 2 years lol) or a part-time / summer job (maybe then) I'll maybe succed the Merchendise feature.

Very good idea on "Work of The Month" ;) .

Yes, red & white are good colors but I never figured it out that it looks like dashadyspot. But these two are very popular colors. So it's no sueing in the middle j/k :D ...

Good to know that y'all appreciate my help.. I'm here for y'all 8)
bLuEsHiFt
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Shaz » Jan 23rd, '05, 03:45

go green! :D
Shaz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Speak on Shady Sites