The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Big suggestion

All discussion on sites under the TRshady Network goes here.
This includes suggestions, problems, ideas and general talk.

Big suggestion

Postby B.A.D. » Dec 11th, '05, 05:54

This:

"You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while. Remember those posting short replies only to increase their post count will have those meesages deleted and if this is repeated you may face a ban."

is driving me crazy... please delete it... I'm a fast writer and I don't post like an idiot... no does so please!!!!! please!!!!!!
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Hunneh_Buns » Dec 11th, '05, 05:58

I hate it when I get that after trying to edit a post. Its not increasing your post count if you edit it, so I think on that point its worthless. But its good cause people might spam or sometimes double post by accedent it prevents that from happening.
Hunneh_Buns
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Trigger » Dec 11th, '05, 06:41

chea
Trigger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sunni » Dec 11th, '05, 07:29

That only happens to me like once a month. And I type super fast.
Sunni

Postby TRshady » Dec 11th, '05, 08:41

You need to realize why I have certain restrictions in place, the majority of the members don't post like 'an idiot' but the truth is, occasionally people do and this is a way of making people put time into their posts. I honestly belive 60 seconds between each post is a short time and anyone speeding around the forum and seeing this message often .. clearly needs to slow down cause most of my posts take over a minute to write .. let alone the browsing in between ...
TRshady
Government
Government

Postby Hunneh_Buns » Dec 11th, '05, 08:43

But what about editing posts? You not increasing your post count that way...but it tells you that same little message.
Hunneh_Buns
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby TRshady » Dec 11th, '05, 08:48

Sadly there's no way for this forum software to not include editing but I'll certainly for a way of correcting this. At times when we get the occasional wannabe trouble maker, this helps a great deal with getting things under control and the members here are interesting, clever people that surely take more then a minute on each post ... right? ;)
TRshady
Government
Government

Postby Hunneh_Buns » Dec 11th, '05, 08:52

Umm :unsure: Right. Lol. I take a bit of time...usually I type, then read then edit then post.

Hopefully you'll find a way. :happy:
Hunneh_Buns
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby AspirinE » Dec 11th, '05, 10:13

yeah guys seriously, u obviously dont mind spammers,

i had to delete 50 messages in a row the other day in the "and u are" section
i can oly image wat would have happened if there was no timelimit

what about when we're talking in the zombie, cos we dont always have long posts in there lol

so u dont waste ur time in the sombie thread, coz if ur gonna be aloud to post with no speedlimit, it will just haven for ppl who wanna have a large postcount.
AspirinE
Django
Django

Postby walend » Dec 11th, '05, 11:32

at least change the message cause it's not meesages like it's written there :D :D :D

I want to say it earlier but now this is the best topic to say it.

:coffee: good morning everyone
walend
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Shadyluva » Dec 11th, '05, 19:30

i hate when that happens cuz when i did 1 post and then go on 2 the other one, if i wrote a lot then and the thingy doesn't let me post it i have to type it allover again

i thought of a trick, if u typed a lot u can copy it and if it doesnt let u submit it, just paste it
Shadyluva
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby SNaKe » Dec 11th, '05, 23:03

Hunneh_Buns wrote:I hate it when I get that after trying to edit a post. Its not increasing your post count if you edit it, so I think on that point its worthless. But its good cause people might spam or sometimes double post by accedent it prevents that from happening.

yeah right.....
SNaKe
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby EYE4141 » Mar 5th, '06, 06:09

Ya i think it is a good thing because it prevents spammers from going crazy but i also see the other side it it where when u try to edit something it wont let u but i mean a minute isnt too long to wait really plus it usually dont even take a minute.
EYE4141
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Speak on Shady Sites