The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

props

All discussion on sites under the TRshady Network goes here.
This includes suggestions, problems, ideas and general talk.

props, or not?

Poll ended at Jan 23rd, '05, 20:18

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes : 2

props

Postby rocawear » Jan 16th, '05, 20:18

TR shady, hey man, i was wandering, can u enable props, but a way of not leeching, hide the content until theve givin props and then enable it for that person to see, does that seem a gud idea to you???
rocawear
Officer
Officer

Postby $hady Boy » Jan 16th, '05, 20:25

I brought up this subject to TRshady cos I wanted a 'props' system aswell. But he said it only causes arguments, which is very true and I agree. Maybe if your nice he will change his mind. :)
$hady Boy
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby TRshady » Jan 16th, '05, 20:45

Shady Boy is right, it has been brought up with me but for the time being at least, it will not be happening. The emphasis here is on the quality of the posts and its members, and it's this the reason we hope for people to return. Although creating short term thrills, and keeping visitors here, from experience they are only a fad, often mistreated and do not give a repesentation of how 'good' or popular a user is. People often cheat with them, and can cause arguements and hostile users and its in the members best interests for it not to happen.

Not only this, but this is the last build of the forum software being the next major release ( v3 ) there is a high chance all statistics would be lost, as it would not be compatable with the new version. A cash mod also greatly increases the resources used, especially the speed / strain on the server and I'm aiming to keep things as fast and fluid as possible.

So, for now it's a no no. What lies ahead we'll have to see. Will close this topic now as its been answered, there will not be a 'cash mod' / 'reputation' or similar points system on TRshady.com.
TRshady
Government
Government

Postby tillZ dogg » Jan 17th, '05, 18:34

no reputation. But if there ever is make sure it attaches the user name!
tillZ dogg
Officer
Officer

Postby Ove kr. » Jan 17th, '05, 19:00

i wanted it, but if everyone is against it :(
Ove kr.
Shady Staff
Shady Staff

Postby TRshady » Jan 17th, '05, 19:04

As said above earlier, the downsides far outweight the benefits it would bring. But, that does not mean it won't ever happen, I'll let you know if anything changes with my decisions over the matter.

For now I'm closing this and no more needs to be discussed, but I won't forget.
TRshady
Government
Government

Return to Speak on Shady Sites