The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

FL Studio 9 Sampling Question

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

FL Studio 9 Sampling Question

Postby Wreck » Jan 17th, '11, 07:26

I can never figure this out. I have Fl Studio 9. I opened up the song sample that I wanted to in Edison, highlighted the part that i wanted, saved the audio clipboard to my browser, next I dragged that audio clipboard file of the sample to the mixer. I'm at the part where you drag an instrumental or sample to the mixer and you click in those little steps and they turn white. Well I did that, and the sample plays but a million of them play instead of just one? Hope someone can help please. thank you. I can provide screenshots if needed but I'm wondering.....

1. Why multiple songs play when you play the sample in the mixer

&

2. Can you sample just the tune of a song, instead of the words? I'm sure you can, but I don't know how to. Thanks.
My Beats Page- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wreckles ... 08?fref=ts
My Debut Album- Life or Death- Coming Soon
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Re: FL Studio 9 Sampling Question

Postby Ethos » Feb 4th, '11, 04:50

Wreckless Music wrote:I can never figure this out. I have Fl Studio 9. I opened up the song sample that I wanted to in Edison, highlighted the part that i wanted, saved the audio clipboard to my browser, next I dragged that audio clipboard file of the sample to the mixer. I'm at the part where you drag an instrumental or sample to the mixer and you click in those little steps and they turn white. Well I did that, and the sample plays but a million of them play instead of just one? Hope someone can help please. thank you. I can provide screenshots if needed but I'm wondering.....

1. Why multiple songs play when you play the sample in the mixer

&

2. Can you sample just the tune of a song, instead of the words? I'm sure you can, but I don't know how to. Thanks.

Hey! So have u tried just placing the sample into the sequencer? That's normally what I do if I just want to sample a continuous track. Otherwise u can drag and drop it into the patter. And do some other things to it.
R.I.P. Nate D-O-Double G

Westside all day 'n night!!!
Ethos
Soldier
Soldier

Re: FL Studio 9 Sampling Question

Postby Casey Cramp » Apr 23rd, '11, 20:09

Either 1, your computer is not powerfull enough and is lagging and that is why it is doing it,
or the fact that when you put the sample in it prolongs its self longer than 4 beats (1 bar)and is repeating its self and is making it play over and over and making a really horrible noise?
Casey Cramp
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Return to Computing & Technology