The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Recording Skype Audio help

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Recording Skype Audio help

Postby djgeneral » Apr 14th, '11, 20:33

I am doing an interview next Friday on Skype, and I'd like to be able to record it. I can only get my voice to record and not the other persons in doing a test. I tried finding some programs on the internet, but nothing is really working. I don't want to pay any money and I need to be able to record for at least 45 minutes not stopping. Any suggestions? also, I have a PC
djgeneral
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Recording Skype Audio help

Postby Ethos » Apr 14th, '11, 22:56

If you get a .wav editing program you can actually set up your computer (I'm assuming you're using a pc) to actually record everything that is being played through the computer. There are a few free programs that will allow you to do that. In fact I think there is a program called "Wav Edit" that you can use. Then what you'll wanna do is set up your sound input to stream the recording to be from the computer into the program and hit record. There should be a more in depth detail of this in the audio stage area
R.I.P. Nate D-O-Double G

Westside all day 'n night!!!
Ethos
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Apr 16th, '11, 11:17

Go to the volume and set it up to stereo mix at a volume of 8 or something. Then make your microphone play through the speakers and presto.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby nert » Apr 25th, '11, 20:31

I heard IMCapture for Skype ( www.imcapture.com ) is a good call recorder , anybody used this app?
nert
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby serg » May 18th, '11, 10:29

+1 to IMCapture for Skype, for a long time it is used. very easy and convenient.
serg
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Return to Computing & Technology