The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

College proxy

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

College proxy

Postby momentsgolden » May 20th, '11, 23:34

Ok, so i'm college and use the FREE internet. Problem is, i cant download from certain sites like megaupload because it recognises the whole thing as 1 proxy. 2 questions:

1- is it possible to distinguish my particular PC from the rest or payments made with my ISP number as an identity are pointless
2- is there any way to use a FREE external proxy for downloads and other access purposes.

Sorry gotta do it this way but its a hard knock life for a university oke from an average background.
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Re: College proxy

Postby Maybe » May 21st, '11, 07:11

There's a program called "Privoxy" that might help you. It masks your whereabouts, and protects website detection.
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
EG. wrote:and i dont even like hot dog
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Re: College proxy

Postby momentsgolden » May 21st, '11, 07:44

^you go it in your awesome download thread but NOT on megaupload?
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Computing & Technology