The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

2011 = Sony Ericsson's Year Of Resurrection.

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Re: 2011 = Sony Ericsson's Year Of Resurrection.

Postby Maybe » May 23rd, '11, 16:42

I've noticed this as well. I use to buy only SE phones back in the early 2000's because they were one of the first to have games like Tetris on their phones, and one of the first to do color screens, so it was the cool thing to do.

As for the PSP + Phone = It's awesome, yes, but I won't buy it because it's designed to play PS1 classics and SOME PSP titles. As awesome as that would be on a phone, let's not forget that PSP 2 is on the way, and I'd much rather be playing PS3 quality games as well as PS1 classics if I'm spending over 200 on a device.

As for their resurrection, it's a great thing. Currently I use an HTC Incredible, and have been using HTC for a couple years. SE is giving me a good reason to switch when my contract is up this summer, so I'll make sure to keep you guys updated when I brag about my next phone lol.
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
EG. wrote:and i dont even like hot dog
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Maybe » May 23rd, '11, 17:24

C.R.E.A.M wrote:
Yeah, that might be true, but I'd love to have a phone with superb gaming (while not as good as a specialized gaming device) instead of holding a phone and a PSP on each pockets, I don't even use my PMP when I bought a 16GB card, I think that's what the product is aiming at, those who'd love to have one gadget that gets everything done (while not as good as specialized gadgets) instead of carrying around 2+ gadgets that each one does anything perfectly.

When I'm at home though, Play is basically useless except for making calls, cause PS3 and PSP are available, It's probably made for those who get bored on the road, Play is useful for passing times,

Atleast that's my point of view. :whistle:

It makes sense. If I have money to spare, It's a good investment for a gamer. That way you have your PSP for long trips, and your PSP phone for bus stops, casual waiting periods, etc. I never carried my PSP with me unless it was a long car ride (when I wasn't driving), or a flight (or something like that). Hell, I played the PSP mostly at home haha.

C.R.E.A.M wrote:Congratulation in advance ! :thumbsup2: , the Incredible device is absolutely wonderful, I always wanted to buy it but it didn't leave the US until I bought the Wave, I admit I was angry as hell lmfao, Verizon's devices > * though. :y:

Thanks! I always try to get the newest phone when it drops (which is why I pay more for a 1 year contract), and even though I love the HTC Incredible, SE is making much better phones now.

What do you plan on getting (if anything..)?
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
EG. wrote:and i dont even like hot dog
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TommiTMX » Jun 17th, '11, 12:29

To be honest, Sony fucked up with the release of the Xperia Play, it was too little too late, a lot of their latest range all look good, and if they were released a year ago they would have easily given the Galaxy S and HTC Desire a run for their money in terms of popularity, but this year the new thing is Dual Core and padding the devices out with more RAM. None of the Xperia's released follow this trend and therefore will be left in the dust. The only way they will redeem this is to have some of the first phones with Quad Core processors in that nVidia keep promising for this year, this year will more than likely belong to the Galaxy S II, 3D phones are a waste of time and the HTC Sensation missed the mark in my opinion.
Socrates wrote:True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Mars wrote:Ay Yo I'm tired of hip hop being about the same lame things, We are what we make it, and I ain't here for friends, Half of yall yell gangsta! Most of yall pretend... ,Sex sells, aids spread, money talks, people shot, Decade and a half and we still ain't, learned from Tupac!
TommiTMX
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Computing & Technology