The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Tablets (iPad?)

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Tablets (iPad?)

Postby Maybe » May 23rd, '11, 18:50

Anyone here have one or plan on getting one?

The iPad 2 has some programs that are helpful to musicians or editors, so I'll be getting one pretty soon. Evidently you can run a synthesizer on the iPad 2 while it's hooked to your PC and use it to process while you adjust your sounds/keys on the iPod. Also, you can pretty much use the iPad as a keyboard or drum machine and later mix your work (or fix your notes/keys) on the computer. Considering the Korg I want runs about $1200, and the Korg soundbank runs about $200, I'd rather buy the iPad for $600 with the sound bank, and get the functionality of a drum machine, synth, piano, and media device all in one package.

I'm not really interested in the media aspect though, because with an iPod a tablet is obsolete if you're just using it for videos/notes/wifi.
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
EG. wrote:and i dont even like hot dog
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Tablets (iPad?)

Postby Eazy-GFX » May 24th, '11, 16:47

Shit, I just went out and bought a MacBook Air not too long ago... I honestly don't think I really need an iPad. The iPad 2 looks damn fine from what I've read/heard about it, though. :y:
TorieCheng72 wrote:Excuse me, didn't realize y'all were the almighty soldiers weeding out opinions. Get a life gangsta wanna beez.
Eazy-GFX
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Computing & Technology