The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Flash Drive Issues

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Flash Drive Issues

Postby Nick419 » Jul 27th, '11, 22:57

Ok this is driving me nuts, I had gotten a nice 16 gb Kingston Flash drive last Christmas and had no issues with it. The strange thing was it would only work on my laptop and at school but not on a friends computer (which i didnt care about at the time just as long as i could use it) well i have a new laptop and am having the same issue now, and to my discovery it no longer works on my old laptop as well. When I plug it into any computer the flash drive appears in my computer and I get a pop up every time i do so to access my flash drive. However when i do theres nothing on there! no files at all and it says i still have all 16 gigs of free space. But when i plug my flash drive back into my deck in my car all my music and stuff still plays so it IS on there. When it use to work it would install some kind of Kingston software/program that lets u navigate through all your files but it no longer does that upon plug in. Ive tried formatting it but still no results (i would prefer another alternative cuz i do not want to lose all my music) I've been googling the shit out of this issue for solutions but no luck. Any suggestions? I have Windows 7 if that helps at all
RIP Big proof~Broken hearted, my soul's like a open target
And I'm ready to leave Earth
You step to my death next year on my T-shirt
Nick419
Role Model
Role Model

Re: Flash Drive Issues

Postby BigBoss » Jul 28th, '11, 00:56

tl;dr
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Re: Flash Drive Issues

Postby suiko » Aug 23rd, '11, 11:21

update your usb drives on your computer.
could be out of date
try using this, i never used it but i hear it works
http://driverboost.com/lp/drivers/fix-d ... gnized.php
suiko
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Return to Computing & Technology