The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Cleaning My Computer

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Cleaning My Computer

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 27th, '11, 06:22

I want to clean out shit, free up some space, all that stuff...

whats the best way for me to do it??

I'm on PC atm btw :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Re: Cleaning My Computer

Postby BigBoss » Aug 27th, '11, 07:21

Delete the "System 32 " file, it made my pc run faster. *kanyeshrug*
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Maybe » Aug 27th, '11, 10:53

First, you should delete files you don't want, and then run CCleaner (after adjusting the settings to delete all temp files, even ones created by programs). After that, just defrag the c drive to fill in the empty holes.

Done!
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
EG. wrote:and i dont even like hot dog
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 27th, '11, 11:16

Maybe wrote:First, you should delete files you don't want, and then run CCleaner (after adjusting the settings to delete all temp files, even ones created by programs). After that, just defrag the c drive to fill in the empty holes.

Done!

well... I couldn't really understand anything except "delete files you don't want" lol.
After that, whats the easiest way to clean up un-necessary space taking shit?
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Robbie G » Aug 27th, '11, 20:46

Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 28th, '11, 02:00

Robbie G wrote:http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

Thank You Robbie :y:
Looks great I'm trying it now, I'll tell you how it goes.

also, can any of u guys help me do the Defrag. Like a short explanation of what it does and how to?
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Maybe » Aug 28th, '11, 08:29

Defrag fills in spaces in your computer after you delete them. If you don't defrag once in a while, your computer will think the deleted stuff is still there (sort of).

Anyway, to defrag just go to My Computer, right click the C drive (or the drive you want to defrag). Click on properties, and then select "Tools". Click defragment Now.

It takes a while... but, your PC will be much faster as a result, especially since you've never done it before.
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
EG. wrote:and i dont even like hot dog
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 28th, '11, 10:04

Maybe wrote:Defrag fills in spaces in your computer after you delete them. If you don't defrag once in a while, your computer will think the deleted stuff is still there (sort of).

Anyway, to defrag just go to My Computer, right click the C drive (or the drive you want to defrag). Click on properties, and then select "Tools". Click defragment Now.

It takes a while... but, your PC will be much faster as a result, especially since you've never done it before.

is there risk to loosing any files or stuff like that?
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby mdemaz » Aug 28th, '11, 11:42

Defrag doesn't delete files, it moves them around...You should try deleting your internet history and cookies or download Wise Disk Cleaner..Or Disk Cleanup in System Tools.
Ironically, Defrag that comes with the computer gets some weird error when I run it..I use Auslogics Disk Defrag instead because it's faster anyway.
Give it a try.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Epidemik » Aug 28th, '11, 12:22

CCleaner is great. i use it all the time... if you dont want to go through the trouble of defragging yourself you can set your computer to do it automatically like once a week or something. just go to the 'scheduled tasks' in the system tools folder.. you can also add "disc cleanup" and other things...
just a thought. :y:
Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 29th, '11, 02:26

Epidemik wrote:CCleaner is great. i use it all the time... if you dont want to go through the trouble of defragging yourself you can set your computer to do it automatically like once a week or something. just go to the 'scheduled tasks' in the system tools folder.. you can also add "disc cleanup" and other things...

I got CCleaner now, worked fine I guess lol. But is the Defrag option safe, like will I keep everything in order?
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby BigBoss » Aug 29th, '11, 02:29

im telling you system 32 is the way to go
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Epidemik » Aug 29th, '11, 11:38

Big Ax-D wrote:
Epidemik wrote:CCleaner is great. i use it all the time... if you dont want to go through the trouble of defragging yourself you can set your computer to do it automatically like once a week or something. just go to the 'scheduled tasks' in the system tools folder.. you can also add "disc cleanup" and other things...

I got CCleaner now, worked fine I guess lol. But is the Defrag option safe, like will I keep everything in order?

ya... defragging is completely safe. i do it once a week.
and it won't move any of your downloads or anything around.
Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

Postby SliK » Aug 29th, '11, 15:28

If you get a program called Smart Defrag (http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html) it not only defragments but it optimizes your drive, meaning that it moves the files to the outside of your physical hard disk (the part that spins the fastest) and allows your computer to read/access it faster.

It won't move anything from your folders or delete anything. You will still find all the same files in their correct diectories (eg C:\Program Files\iTunes) but it will have changed where it is physically stored on your drive.

It's totally safe too. I also reccomend getting more RAM as a very cheap, simple and effective way of increasing performance.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 30th, '11, 05:35

thanks for all the advices :y: :worship:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Next

Return to Computing & Technology