The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Nokia's Windows Phones Discussion Thread

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Re: Nokia's Windows Phones Discussion Thread

Postby Innovation » Oct 27th, '11, 16:40

Never really been a huge fan of Windows phones. I haven't actually seen much of them but I've used one at a shop. They're alright, but the OS lacks apps in comparison to Android and iOS. Apps are really what gives smartphones longevity.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Innovation » Nov 1st, '11, 20:34

Nokia were giving away free Windows phones in London a few days ago. :o
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SajN » Nov 2nd, '11, 00:59

Lol, Nokia
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby SajN » Nov 2nd, '11, 01:17

:smoking:
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Innovation » Nov 2nd, '11, 11:16

^ Samsung and Apple > HTC. Sense for the most part is.. ehh.

How comes you changed your name again? :happy:
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Maybe » Nov 9th, '11, 00:53

Nokia rocks, but buying a new phone that isn't dual core seems a bit counter productive. It'll easily be outdated long before the current generation of single processor units, and is probably a bad idea.

Look at it this way, it may not be immediately necessary, but as the devices advance, so will application and game development, which will leave older and incapable devices in the dark. Sure, you'll have angry birds, but what about games like Infinity Blade 2 (which happens to be right around the corner...).

I'd stick to Android for now, honestly. The new Windows phones are cool, and the system is far more stable and fun to use, but it's not as intuitive and lacks the creative ingenuity and design. Also, the Windows App store leaves quite a bit to be desired. It's lackluster to say the least, and most Apps either don't work properly, or are harshly unstable.
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
EG. wrote:and i dont even like hot dog
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Innovation » Nov 14th, '11, 21:24

Maybe wrote:Nokia rocks, but buying a new phone that isn't dual core seems a bit counter productive. It'll easily be outdated long before the current generation of single processor units, and is probably a bad idea.

Look at it this way, it may not be immediately necessary, but as the devices advance, so will application and game development, which will leave older and incapable devices in the dark. Sure, you'll have angry birds, but what about games like Infinity Blade 2 (which happens to be right around the corner...).

I'd stick to Android for now, honestly. The new Windows phones are cool, and the system is far more stable and fun to use, but it's not as intuitive and lacks the creative ingenuity and design. Also, the Windows App store leaves quite a bit to be desired. It's lackluster to say the least, and most Apps either don't work properly, or are harshly unstable.

I agree with what you said about buying a single core phone. It's defiantly counter productive. Infinity Blade 2 will be very intensive on both the CPU and GPU. If you have a single core device with an average GPU, you're not going to enjoy what games like Infinity Blade 2 will have to offer now and in the future.

This is also why I love the iPhone 4S. The GPU is ridiculously powerful for a mobile device. Sooner or later, more and more developers will be taking advantage of the power thus creating games with amazing visuals. We've already seen Real Racing 2 on iOS which shows the raw power of the iPhone 4/4S' GPU. (Although, I believe the S2 has a better GPU than the 4S?)
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Innovation » Nov 15th, '11, 12:33

Sorry, I meant to say I think the S2 has a better GPU than the 4. I also believe that the 4S' GPU will be unmatched in mobile phones for a while.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Return to Computing & Technology