The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Decided to ditch apple and just bought the galaxy S2

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Decided to ditch apple and just bought the galaxy S2

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Dec 3rd, '11, 22:31

Kies is downloading,they told me thats the app that will let me control my phone,i think i can update through it right.

any nice little tips about my S2 and android?

i know nothing about android?

is it good? should i update it regularly?

just tell a nikka summthing!
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Re: Decided to ditch apple and just bought the galaxy S2

Postby Innovation » Dec 8th, '11, 19:40

When 4.0 is released for it, upgrade asap.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Dec 8th, '11, 21:24

Its a great phone,way better than my iphone tbh,i opperate it really well,only complain is battery life,i could squeeze a day barely with a full battery,i went back to the store and asked the guy about this,he said well if you you use it you get a day,if you dont you get 3,kinda made sense,i play alot of games and listen to music and shit on it so yeah,1 FUCKING day.

i seen ICS running,and it looks beautiful honestly,now when i connected my phone to kies it told me that my firmware was up to date

im running 2.3.5 gingerbread,baseband = I9100XXKI4
build number is GINGERBREAD.JPJKJ2

is this the latest ma nikka,and is the UPDATE RELEASED VIA CARRIERS OR COUNTRIES AND SHIT?

cuz we damn late here and i dont like to update from odin nor will i root.
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Dec 8th, '11, 21:54

ok,cool,i cant wait to update!

one more thing,am i having a normal battery life?????? and any tips to extended it?????plus is it safe to buy a battery from another developer but same size for my device that has 2500 ma instead of the 1600 i got,i saw a dude advertising it,this one??

or i may have to buy the mugen battery for 100 bucks that comes with a back cover that will make my phone 2 times thicker but its a 3200 ma battery if im not mistaken

answer these 3 q's ma nikka!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Dec 8th, '11, 22:34

one last thing,the juice defender app? is it good or should i stay away from all these apps,i have it set to enabled and balanced,are these apps good?

and it shows a signal on the notification bar that it is enabled and if i disable the signal it tells me that they advice me not to do it.
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Dec 8th, '11, 22:48

thanks for the help bro,i will ask you about anything android related from now on,since you seem will educated on android,thanks for ya help ma nikka!

i love this phone,easily beats any phone and i will save up for the mugen,its so fucking nice to use.

Iphones are overrated and overrprice and overhyped.
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Dec 23rd, '11, 22:22

yo creamy? wusscrackin cuz

i wanna update to ICS,i know it aint officially released yet but 2.3.6 and 2.3.7 are released,i know they are just bug fixes but kies always tell me that im on the latest version of firmware,im on 2.3.5 and its really a cutie doe,ive heard people use odin,just tell me something nikka! and will i use everything if i do update?
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Dec 24th, '11, 13:31

I dont want 2.3.6 or 2.3.7,my phone is great as it is,im only asking that when ICS is released OFFICIALLY for s2,how will i be able to update,will i be able to update via kies just by pressing update or will i have to use odin?

I FUCKING LOVEEEEEEEEEEE ICS and i want it on my s2,i refuse to buy a galaxy nexus,s2 has better hardware and its still androids flagship.
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby Innovation » Dec 24th, '11, 13:37

Devil'sAdvocate wrote:I dont want 2.3.6 or 2.3.7,my phone is great as it is,im only asking that when ICS is released OFFICIALLY for s2,how will i be able to update,will i be able to update via kies just by pressing update or will i have to use odin?

I FUCKING LOVEEEEEEEEEEE ICS and i want it on my s2,i refuse to buy a galaxy nexus,s2 has better hardware and its still androids flagship.

That 720p screen though. :flutter:

Still, iPhone all the way. :y:
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Return to Computing & Technology