The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Recovering Wordpad Documents

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Recovering Wordpad Documents

Postby Wreck » Dec 16th, '11, 18:04

Any chance of it?

What happened was, my f*cking piece of shit, asswipe computer restarted itself multiple times to run these fucking updates I could give 2 shits about, and I had about 4 documents up, one of them a song. I open up my computer this morning & 3 documents are recovered, and the song wasn't. How is it that 3 of them got recovered and not the other one?

And is there a way to recover the other one? I have Windows 7.
My Beats Page- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wreckles ... 08?fref=ts
My Debut Album- Life or Death- Coming Soon
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Re: Recovering Wordpad Documents

Postby Elision » Dec 22nd, '11, 18:48

Did you have it saved somewhere at some point? If so, just do a full windows search via the Start Menu.

However, keeping your computer up-to-date, and healthy is very important. Even the worst computer in the world is a modern miracle of science. So how you can refer to it the way you did is beyond me. But like I said, keep it healthy (and protected), and you shouldn't have problems like this. :)

Also make sure you save your text documents regularly while editing/adding onto them. It's a simple ctrl + S and it will save everything where it is. :) And emailing them to yourself once a month or so is a way to ensure that it is kept forever. Don't wanna have your PC crash and have to do a full system wipe and lose everything :)
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Wreck » Dec 22nd, '11, 21:56

Elision wrote:Did you have it saved somewhere at some point? If so, just do a full windows search via the Start Menu.

However, keeping your computer up-to-date, and healthy is very important. Even the worst computer in the world is a modern miracle of science. So how you can refer to it the way you did is beyond me. But like I said, keep it healthy (and protected), and you shouldn't have problems like this. :)

Also make sure you save your text documents regularly while editing/adding onto them. It's a simple ctrl + S and it will save everything where it is. :) And emailing them to yourself once a month or so is a way to ensure that it is kept forever. Don't wanna have your PC crash and have to do a full system wipe and lose everything :)

Yeah I tried that, I think it's gone forever :(. Thanks though bro.
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Blu » Dec 22nd, '11, 23:08

Maybe this is fate telling you that no one was supposed to hear the song.
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Wreck » Dec 23rd, '11, 00:54

Blu wrote:Maybe this is fate telling you that no one was supposed to hear the song.

Idk, maybe, but it was dope too, so I think it would of been big. It was called A Wish And A Dream.
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Return to Computing & Technology