The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Kindle Fire

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Kindle Fire

Postby Amaranthine » Dec 26th, '11, 20:32

Hey, anybody else have this thing? I just got one for Christmas and I love it so far. I'm kinda pissed that I can't customize the wallpaper on the lock screen, but it's only there for a few seconds at a time and the presets rotate, so I guess I can't really complain about that. ;) I'm definitely taking advantage of the month of free Prime, because there's no way I'm letting free movie streaming and free two-day shipping go to waste.
You should read this.
I break my back to give you my art, you steal my thoughts
It's like driving a spike through my heart

Geno wrote:I don't wanna have a kid with Zabe tbh.
Amaranthine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: Kindle Fire

Postby Innovation » Dec 30th, '11, 17:28

The Fire isn't being sold here in the UK yet. It does look decent though and it's certainty good value for money.

Did you know the Kindle sells for less than its actual manufacturing cost?

Is that Amazon Prime? In the UK (as far as I'm aware) we only get the free next day shipping. I tried the 30 days trial and loved it. But I don't use Amazon enough to pay the £50 asking price.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Re: Kindle Fire

Postby Amaranthine » Dec 30th, '11, 18:24

Innovation wrote:The Fire isn't being sold here in the UK yet. It does look decent though and it's certainty good value for money.

Did you know the Kindle sells for less than its actual manufacturing cost?

Is that Amazon Prime? In the UK (as far as I'm aware) we only get the free next day shipping. I tried the 30 days trial and loved it. But I don't use Amazon enough to pay the £50 asking price.

Yeah, they're betting that people will buy enough stuff with the Fire that they'll make a profit, and that's a really safe bet. I spent $40 the first day. ;)

Yup, Amazon Prime. I probably won't renew it once the trial expires, it's too expensive, but it's awesome.
You should read this.
I break my back to give you my art, you steal my thoughts
It's like driving a spike through my heart

Geno wrote:I don't wanna have a kid with Zabe tbh.
Amaranthine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Return to Computing & Technology