The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Spotify account

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Spotify account

Postby aleXander » Feb 7th, '12, 16:58

Short story:

If you have a Spotify account (not the one with Facebook, but the one with "Spotify details") and you don't use it anymore, could you please, give it to me? Just need username and password. You can change before the password and the email, to be sure there won't be any kind of problems. Just send me a PM with the account. Thanks a million!

Long story:

Spotify is a new way to listen to music. Spotify is available in the following countries:
Austria
Belgium
Denmark
Finland
France
Netherlands
Norway
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
USA
United Kingdom

So, I would like to use Spotify for music discovery. The problem is that those bitches only allow you to make an account if you have Facebook. For personal reasons, I do NOT want to use Facebook.
Therefore it seems that I cannot use Spotify. So I tried to find a workaround.

I searched on the website, and it seems that you cannot create just some kind of Spotify account or log in with Google or something like that. If you press the "Sign Up" button you will see:
You need a Facebook account to register for Spotify. If you have an account, just log in below to register. If you don't have a Facebook account, get one by clicking the 'create an account' link below.

I even sent them an email asking how can I make a Facebook account without Facebook, the reply was:

Good morning Alexandru,

Thank you for contacting Spotify today,

In answer to your question, you can not get a Spotify account without a Facebook account.

We believe in order to create a simple and seamless social experience, we needed to integrated the login for Spotify and Facebook. To us, this is all about creating an amazing new world of music discovery. So, to create a new Spotify account, you need to have Facebook login details. If you don't already have a Facebook account, just create one at facebook.com and then use your details to open a Spotify account. You will not need to use, post pictures or any personal details at all, it will just be there for Spotify

I really hope you will join us.

Then I searched the internet for people with the same problem (can't be the only one right?). I found this page where a lot of people have the same problem. Still, no workaround.

Then I found out that when you press Log In , you'll see the following:

So, people can still "Log in using Spotify details", but not create an account with "Spotify details".
Therefore I want to ask you people the following question:

If you have a Spotify account (not the one with Facebook, but the one with "Spotify details") and you don't use it anymore, could you please, give it to me? Just need username and password. You can change before the password and the email, to be sure there won't be any kind of problems. Just send me a PM with the account. Thanks a million!

Clarifications:

Why do you ask us to give you a Spotify account?

Because it's the only workaround that I could find in order to use Spotify. All the new users are required to "Log In with Facebook", but old users can still use Spotify without Facebook. So to use Spotify without Facebook, I need an old account.

Why don't you make a fake Facebook just for Spotify?

I am against Facebook, like all these people. I do not want any association with Facebook, not even a fake account.

Why don't you use another music discovery service like Pandora?

Because Pandora is only available in the US, and I live in Denmark.

Any other questions, ask.
aleXander
Renegade
Renegade

Re: Spotify account

Postby gvdz » Feb 7th, '12, 21:02

=(
Last edited by gvdz on Feb 7th, '12, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
gvdz
Renegade
Renegade

Postby gvdz » Feb 7th, '12, 21:03

and if u have one, subscribe 2 my playlist
gvdz
Renegade
Renegade

Postby aleXander » Feb 8th, '12, 00:40

gvdz wrote:and if u have one, subscribe 2 my playlist

have what? :unsure:
aleXander
Renegade
Renegade

Postby gvdz » Feb 8th, '12, 01:40

an account
gvdz
Renegade
Renegade

Postby BigBoss » Feb 8th, '12, 03:19

stop being a bitch and make a quick face book then delete it right after
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby aleXander » Feb 8th, '12, 09:32

SWEET_TOOTH wrote:stop being a bitch and make a quick face book then delete it right after

thank you, kind sir :flower:
aleXander
Renegade
Renegade

Return to Computing & Technology