The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Nexus 7 Tablet

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Nexus 7 Tablet

Postby Innovation » Jun 30th, '12, 22:34

A tablet with a Tegra 3 processor, 1280 x 800 IPS screen, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC for under £160/$199? Insane.

Is anyone getting this? I've been thinking about it, but I'm still undecided. I sold my iPad 3 a few weeks ago so I'm not sure if I should bother with a tablet again.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Re: Nexus 7 Tablet

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Jul 1st, '12, 00:13

Im gonna get this,no doubt.
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby Jenfrag » Jul 21st, '12, 10:15

This might be a good purchase! If I'd have a choice I'm so getting this.
Jenfrag
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Elision » Jul 22nd, '12, 16:24

i want so bad for the surface to be awesome
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Innovation » Jul 22nd, '12, 18:55

Elision wrote:i want so bad for the surface to be awesome

Surface looks fantastic.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Postby TommiTMX » Jul 30th, '12, 10:41

Definitely getting a Nexus 7, if not only to read books and browse the internet in bed it's also a brilliant Android tablet and I love Jelly Bean.

name wrote:
Innovation wrote:
Elision wrote:i want so bad for the surface to be awesome

Surface looks fantastic.

It's the only tablet I'm ever tempted to buy, Windows 8 seems like such a pleasant OS to use with a touchscreen, and it's basically a laptop since it comes with a keyboard dock. It's true that the competition right now is between iOS and Android, every fanboy supporting what he prefers and what he got, but I have a feeling that Microsoft will takeover the industry of tablets and phones in the future, I'm personally switching my HTC One X for a Windows Phone when it "expires", such a smooth OS, and the Lumia series is such a beauty. I don't know, I guess the attractiveness of the UI, the Zune player, XBOX Live games and the unified Windows 8 kernel did it for me.

As for productivity Windows 8 definitely seems like it will take over. I was speaking to my boss about it and he didn't think Windows Phone 8 would ever stand a chance at catching up in the Phone market but I figured Microsoft would pull something to help and they did. The Unified Kernel is the ideal solution, App Developers (from Android and iOS) will definitely make Apps for Windows 8 (why wouldn't you, a lot of people will have it), making it so they almost seamlessly work with Windows Phone 8 then makes it a "why not?" choice for developers.

What I really want them to do is bring the next XBox chipset into Windows territory and essentially make the Xbox a dedicated gaming PC with a skinned version of Windows 8. That way any game that is developed for the Xbox will then work with a few minor tweaks (for varied GPU's if required) in the PC market (thus making it the default option).
Socrates wrote:True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Mars wrote:Ay Yo I'm tired of hip hop being about the same lame things, We are what we make it, and I ain't here for friends, Half of yall yell gangsta! Most of yall pretend... ,Sex sells, aids spread, money talks, people shot, Decade and a half and we still ain't, learned from Tupac!
TommiTMX
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Innovation » Jul 30th, '12, 11:12

TommiTMX wrote:Definitely getting a Nexus 7, if not only to read books and browse the internet in bed it's also a brilliant Android tablet and I love Jelly Bean.

I was thinking of getting one for this reason too. I'm still not too sure if the screen is big enough.
Innovation
Role Model
Role Model

Return to Computing & Technology