The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

What do you think we'll have in the future?

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

What do you think we'll have in the future?

Postby Cupid Stunt » Jul 25th, '12, 23:59

I don't know where to post this, so I'll post it here.

In the future ( Not more than 50-80 years) you'll probably be able to live on the moon. I saw an interesting post on yahoo answers about living on the moon, here it is:

Oxygen is easy to get on the moon. The whole surface is composed of oxides. Water and hydrogen are trickier. Those volatiles, as well as nitrogen and carbon, are scarce. But supposed you did some recycling on the ISS and sent all wastes to the moon instead of dumping it. Scrubbed out CO2, waste water, sewage, plastic waste. All rich in hydrogen, carbon and nitrogen. And therefore worth alot on the moon. Suppose you had a garbage collector service that did this. NASA would pay you to take care of the garbage. They would also pay you to restock the ISS with fresh water, food and oxygen. On the moon you crack the plastics, turning them into carbon and hydrogen. You use those to reduce metals out of the soil. You then get water and CO2 with metals like iron as a by product. (As you expand the metals will be the main products with the water and CO2 the byproducts). Split the CO2 into carbon and oxygen, using the Sabatier cycle, and you got water and oxygen. Use the carbon to get more oxygen out of the soil and so on. That would just be the start. Eventually you will (hopefully) be able to introduce biological processes and grow food in your lunar outpost. First plants and biological digesters for the ISS sewage and eventually small livestock like chickens and fish. Not all kinds of foods will be possible to farm on the moon and some will still be launched from earth. And every time something biological is launched it ends up in your outpost gradually enriching it with volatiles. Sure this all requires you to set up shop on the moon with the $billion it would take. But launching payloads from the lunar surface to earth orbit would be far cheaper than launching from earth. So you could supply the ISS at a huge saving to NASA. And if it is something NASA could do with it is reducing costs...

So you WILL be able to live on the moon, (I'll guess in like 50-150 years, plus, I want to share this with you guys because this is just awesome.)

What do you think/hope you will be able to do in the future.

I hope that you can teleport from on place to another & travel of the speed of light.
Cupid Stunt
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: What do you think we'll have in the future?

Postby Steve Spag » Jul 26th, '12, 00:32

Wasn't it Stephen Hawking who said we'll be living on MARS in 500 years?
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Return to Computing & Technology