The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Anybody here into programming?

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Re: Anybody here into programming?

Postby viJilance » Jun 12th, '13, 08:38

fuck more money and time...
Fuck all of you 1990's faggots. 1989 master race reporting in.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TommiTMX » Jul 2nd, '13, 11:36

viJilance wrote:
BigBoss wrote:I need to finish my maths courses at my college, so it'll be another 1.5 years before I get out to a actual state college, then from there I hope to get something small then work my way up from there.

I do know that the computer programming world wants more people, big places are always looking for programmers. And programmers usually make great wages, one of the reasons why I went for CompSci.

Personally I know maybe 1 or 2 people, but once I get good I have a hook up at EA headquarters... it's a 20 min drive from my home.

My classes go by the quarter system.. so about 8 weeks for each class, minus summer class which is 6

Damn I'm just sick of school, my one year in college was a waste, I want to change fields, programming seems like a good choice.

What do programmers generally do for a company? I'm sure they don't make projects like you do in school, can't i skip the whole process and learn what they need the most?

Personally I'd start to learn C#, syntax and structure is C based and very similar to Java (learning C# could allow you to swap to Java with relative ease). The benefit of C# though is you get Visual Studio (arguably the best IDE available across the board) and form design is done visually instead of programmatically.

As for a book, look to download Head First: C# by O'reilly (send me a PM and I can send you a link if you so wish).

After the first chapter or two I can even send you the challenge I sent to some friends to make a Solitaire game. I've already done the hardest part which is creating a class that handles a card deck so it's mostly programming game logic and designing the user interface.

Another thing you could look at is web development, there's a LOT of work going for it. PHP is an okay place to start (a lot of the web runs using it -- including this forum) but there are a bunch of people who hate it (for fair reason too).

To answer your question, a programmer does as they're told! The company will hand your team a project, designs will be created and then development begins.
Socrates wrote:True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Mars wrote:Ay Yo I'm tired of hip hop being about the same lame things, We are what we make it, and I ain't here for friends, Half of yall yell gangsta! Most of yall pretend... ,Sex sells, aids spread, money talks, people shot, Decade and a half and we still ain't, learned from Tupac!
TommiTMX
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Jul 2nd, '13, 11:50

You're talking to a banned member bruh
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby TommiTMX » Jul 2nd, '13, 15:47

SliK wrote:You're talking to a banned member bruh

Meh, the advice still stands! xD

Hage wrote:eventho the dude is banned

im learning html, css and java atm,mainly java though

When you say Java do you mean Java or Javascript? :happy:
Socrates wrote:True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Mars wrote:Ay Yo I'm tired of hip hop being about the same lame things, We are what we make it, and I ain't here for friends, Half of yall yell gangsta! Most of yall pretend... ,Sex sells, aids spread, money talks, people shot, Decade and a half and we still ain't, learned from Tupac!
TommiTMX
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Previous

Return to Computing & Technology