The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Windows 8.1

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Windows 8.1

Postby Flamez » Sep 26th, '13, 18:30

For consumers with Windows 8 devices today, Windows 8.1 will be a free update via an easy download from the Windows Store* starting on October 18th**. Windows 8.1 will be a must-have update for those devices - bringing new features and improvements such as greater personalization, Bing Smart Search, and more than 20 new and improved Microsoft apps and services. We are excited to be delivering such an important update to customers in just one month and nearly a year after launching Windows 8. However we also recognize there will be some folks who may want to upgrade devices running older versions of Windows to Windows 8.1. The information in this blog post is meant for those people.

Consumers who are not using a Windows 8 device will be able to buy Windows 8.1, either as a download from Windows.com or at your local store as a retail packaged DVD product. While pricing varies by market, in the U.S., Windows 8.1 will be available for $119.99 ERP (U.S.) and Windows 8.1 Pro will be available for $199.99 ERP (U.S.). The pricing and editions for Windows 8.1 are similar to what we have today for Windows 8.

Read more at: http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/blog ... s-8-1.aspx

Anybody like or own windows 8..Now the box design isn't awful, but the design and graphics is getting flatter and simpler. I own windows 8 it isn't bad, but it's not great either. Metro is ugly I mean it's great for tablets and touchscreens, but yeah I hate it. lol well at least I get 8.1 for free.
Flamez
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: Windows 8.1

Postby mdemaz » Sep 26th, '13, 18:33

I use Windows 8.

I haven't really noticed any problems with the current version, but, I'll probably download the update.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby DƎRDYPK » Sep 26th, '13, 19:18

werrrd
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby Solace » Sep 26th, '13, 22:42

Wow great! I (as well as most other humans alive) have been anticipating the Bing Smart Search!
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Return to Computing & Technology