The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

PC Fan Speed

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Re: PC Fan Speed

Postby SliK » Apr 8th, '14, 02:10

Fans only work in overdrive if they need to. If all your case fans are going crazy the overall temperature in your case is too high. Check the temperature in BIOS if you know how, it shouldn't be above 50 degrees celcius (60 Max). That could also have an effect on the CPU, not sure why it's only for certain websites. I assume you are using a browser like Chrome or Firefox?

I would definitely recommend cleaning the CPU properly, even get some moisture-free air in a can and blow all the dust away. Vaccuum cleaners work well too.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Shpongle » Apr 8th, '14, 13:54

Probably the CPU is overheating that's why the fans are working like crazy, how long sice you changed the thermal paste on your cpu? And to be honest Firefox has been going downhill for a while, it uses way too much ram and for me at least it was working way too slow and i've been using Firefox since 06 but i recently moved back to my old browser "Maxthon" and glad i did...was always a fan of Firefox but it was becoming a problem

http://www.maxthon.com/
Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost...
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby StanBase » Apr 8th, '14, 15:00

I'm a PC gaming fan. But I'm not very fast.
Rollefsen wrote:this guy is THE Spongebob.

Menzo wrote:one of my lowkey favourite 'newcomers' atm.

cement wrote:youre that real nikka
StanBase
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SliK » Apr 9th, '14, 01:06

Open your case up completely and see if it makes a difference. Like, take all the sides off so it has complete airflow. If it helps then you simply have a heating issue. I'd imagine the PSU being right next to the CPU doesn't help.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Excita » Apr 9th, '14, 14:12

Charlotte wrote:Sometimes my fans go really loud as well but yeah the fucked up thing is my fans are beneath my laptop so whenever I'm on my bed with my laptop, it gets really hot and I'm scared it's gonna damage my hard drive and shit

When i had a laptop, i just used to be scared that when it gets really hot my balls will damage. :laughing:
Excita
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DetroitSkills » Apr 12th, '14, 19:34

excitaz wrote:
Charlotte wrote:Sometimes my fans go really loud as well but yeah the fucked up thing is my fans are beneath my laptop so whenever I'm on my bed with my laptop, it gets really hot and I'm scared it's gonna damage my hard drive and shit

When i had a laptop, i just used to be scared that when it gets really hot my balls will damage. :laughing:

could microwave spermies :coffee:
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Return to Computing & Technology