The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

MacBook Air

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Re: MacBook Air vs Lenovo

Postby HeySamantha » Jun 14th, '14, 14:37

Macbook Air's don't have a disc drive, which is what makes the huge difference in the weight, so keep that in mind. you can always buy the portable disc drive. Works through USB port.

I'm in love with my macbook pro, and I'll never stop pushing Apple on people, the products are just too good not too.
TRShady is shutting down, so we have moved.
Please join us at our new home!
http://www.HipHopShelter.com

HeySamantha
Renegade
Renegade

Postby HeySamantha » Jun 14th, '14, 14:41

True Wiz wrote:
HeySamantha wrote:I'm in love with my macbook pro, and I'll never stop pushing Apple on people, the products are just too good not too.

:wub:

lol Honest to god if Apple started making TVs, I'd buy one of those too.
TRShady is shutting down, so we have moved.
Please join us at our new home!
http://www.HipHopShelter.com

HeySamantha
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Excita » Jun 16th, '14, 15:22

Lenovo, if you really care about your money. :whistle:
Apple's overpriced as fuck, they should drop the prices like 50% before it would really worth of all that money.
Excita
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TonyTilt » Jun 16th, '14, 16:47

HeySamantha wrote:
True Wiz wrote:
HeySamantha wrote:I'm in love with my macbook pro, and I'll never stop pushing Apple on people, the products are just too good not too.

:wub:

lol Honest to god if Apple started making TVs, I'd buy one of those too.

http://www.apple.com/appletv/
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Spyder » Jun 26th, '14, 04:20

thats not a tv, its a stream box. allows you to mirror content from you mac or ios device to your tv.

go with a mac, lenovo is the top rated PC brand, but its still PC. the mac with retina is 1250 right now, solid state drives are why they are so expensive. lenovo makes one with a solid state thats around the same price, but you dont get the intergration you do with a mac. especially with Yosemite coming out in the fall. if you have iphone or ipad, etc. its a no brainer.

you can get 150 if your a student. also iworks comes on it, which office doess not come on PC's.
less hassle for security, solid state, better OS. only feature you lose is touch screen but... the digitizer is just another thing that can go.
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby TonyTilt » Jun 26th, '14, 17:19

Spyder wrote:

thats not a tv, its a stream box. allows you to mirror content from you mac or ios device to your tv.

go with a mac, lenovo is the top rated PC brand, but its still PC. the mac with retina is 1250 right now, solid state drives are why they are so expensive. lenovo makes one with a solid state thats around the same price, but you dont get the intergration you do with a mac. especially with Yosemite coming out in the fall. if you have iphone or ipad, etc. its a no brainer.

you can get 150 if your a student. also iworks comes on it, which office doess not come on PC's.
less hassle for security, solid state, better OS. only feature you lose is touch screen but... the digitizer is just another thing that can go.

I know it just made me laugh that she wants an Apple TV and they have a product called that.
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Flamez » Jun 26th, '14, 19:34

MacBook Air wins. Longer battery life and better performance. Although both are ahead of the competition.
Flamez
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Spyder » Jun 27th, '14, 00:43

TonyTilt wrote:
Spyder wrote:

I know it just made me laugh that she wants an Apple TV and they have a product called that.

word

they had rumored they wanted a TV, but jumping in that market is silly now... look at Roku, trying to make a Roku tv :laughing:
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby TonyTilt » Jun 27th, '14, 17:23

I think Apple cooould make a TV because they have the money and resources and put beats audio in it (great idea tbh) and make it all sleek looking with one button to control it all lol

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby TonyTilt » Jun 27th, '14, 20:28

Calandre wrote:I got the Mac. Not specially happy about it. On top of that, I lost my internet connection at home. I'm waiting for an engineer to come tomorrow...

What about it aren't you happy with?

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby TonyTilt » Jun 27th, '14, 20:36

Calandre wrote:Shit week... right now only have internet on my phone and it's quite poor. I'll elaborate once I get my connection back

Yeah don't blame the MacBook!!! It'll last you a long time

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby TonyTilt » Jun 27th, '14, 22:18

Calandre wrote:I need to figure out a few things... I'm not very patient with computers lol

Well if you ever have questions I'm here, my current job involves me working on macs every day so don't hesitate!

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Spyder » Jun 28th, '14, 01:54

im a computer salesmen/had college schooling on them

anything u need hit me up
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby TonyTilt » Jun 29th, '14, 18:30

Spyder wrote:im a computer salesmen/had college schooling on them

anything u need hit me up

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Re: MacBook Air

Postby TonyTilt » Aug 29th, '14, 20:29

Calandre wrote:Finally today I installed Office for Mac

It's taking me too long to get used to it... :'( I really don't find it that "intuitive"...

Yeaaaah you'll feel that way for a little bit, I grew to like it more for some reason. I'm very bias though.

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Next

Return to Computing & Technology