The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

making Word my main doc opener

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

making Word my main doc opener

Postby Spyder » Jun 27th, '14, 03:43

i got Office 10, i had 97 (right, i know) but i cant open files with it, it automatically goes to 97. i deleted that version but it still wont open, when i browse for the .exe i find it, but it still does not fucking oen. anyone got any suggestions?
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: making Word my main doc opener

Postby Flamez » Jun 30th, '14, 23:23

Ok so you had Office 97 (really 97 haha) and you got Office 10. Since you had the 97 version of Office first that is your default office, but you said you deleted that version. DId you uninstall it correctly? There might be some leftovers of that program in the registry or something.. If I understand correctly I think you might want to repair Office 10 or re-install it to it make it your default program.
Flamez
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: making Word my main doc opener

Postby SajN » Jun 30th, '14, 23:26

Right click one file that you want to open. Go to "Open as..." and then "choose standard program" (at the bottom. Mine is in norwegian, so im just translating). Find Word 10 and choose it, tick the "make it standard for every file" (or something like that) box.

Hopefully that will help.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Return to Computing & Technology