The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

[Guide] Take MP3s From Myspace/Other sites.

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

[Guide] Take MP3s From Myspace/Other sites.

Postby BlaqReaper » Feb 9th, '09, 00:21

Alright you guys, here's a guide how to make mp3s from sites such as Myspace, where the download links aren't available. I'm sure there are other methods, but this is what I use and it rarely fails. First you need two programs that are completely free (yay). The first is called orbit downloader which can be found here: http://www.orbitdownloader.com/. The second is Audacity (so far the only program I know of that works with myspace files- I'll get into that later). You can get it here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/. You may also need the lame mp3 encoder files (http://lame.sourceforge.net/download.php) to make mp3 files, but that's a whole different topic and research it up on your own if it's asking for it.

Ok, first thing you do is find the site you want to get music off of. For instance, I want Right Round from Flo Rida's site: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=106115666.

Now open the program Orbit. There should be a symbol on the bottom right of your task bar that looks like an arrow.

Now right click on that symbol and there should be an option called Grab++. This is a really cool program that finds all downloadable stuff on a site you are viewing, even if a link isn't given.

Now that you have the Grab++ menu open, go to the page you want to download the music from and refresh it. A list of downloadable stuff will be shown on the Grab++ menu. Now the hard part is finding the music file. Most of the time, the file won't have a clear name like Right Round or anything. However, look under the size column of the Grab++ menu. A regular music file will be from 3-9 mb. So any files within that range will be a safe bet. For instance, the Right Round file is 2.37 mb named "std_b8979bca59554d1c98d4996279a93a9b.mpeg"

Now that you found the file, check it and click download. Now if the file you downloaded is an mp3 or whatever file type you're looking for then you are all set, but for myspace music, they are mpeg files (which is really strange format for an audio file in my opinion) and this is where you need Audacity.

Anyways, open up Audacity and drag the file you downloaded from Myspace (file_ name.mpeg) into the program. It will open the file and show a bunch of waves (because Audacity is mainly an audio editing program), but that's not that important. On the bottom left corner, where it says project rate, make sure it says 44100 Hz. Then go to "File", under the menu, and click "Export as WAV". This gives you a WAV file and you can convert it to mp3 using whatever audio converter program you already have. You can also directly convert it to mp3 with Audacity if you want (it's right below the "Export as WAV"- "Export as mp3"). You can change the quality of the mp3 you want to make by going under "Edit" and then to "Preferences" under the tab "File Formats". However, the options is limited with Audacity for converting mp3s so that's why I suggested going to WAV and then using another audio converter. That's pretty much it though. It's fairly simple, and you can do it with nearly any site that streams music.

NOTE: For those who know/care what I'm talking about- the music quality will never be better than what the original source on myspace is, and it may be a tiny bit worse. By exporting the mpeg file as wav and reconverting it to a high quality mp3, I'm basically "upconverting" the file, which should be a no-no when dealing with audio conversions. But no matter how high quality of an mp3 file you make, realize that it can never sound better than the one provided by the source (Myspace in this example).
BlaqReaper
Soldier
Soldier

Re: [Guide] Take MP3s From Myspace/Other sites.

Postby Solace » Feb 9th, '09, 00:33

Here's something easier.

Copy the websites URL, and go to http://www.file2hd.com. Then paste it in the box, click on Audio and that you agree to the turns of service or whatever and click Get My Files (or something lol). It will then pop up with the songs and you just right click and Save As...

For a person who doesn't want it to be complex and take time^
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Robbie G » Feb 9th, '09, 01:26

I do it like epiphany, but thanks for the guide. :y:
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby BlaqReaper » Feb 9th, '09, 02:19

Epiphany wrote:Here's something easier.

Copy the websites URL, and go to http://www.file2hd.com. Then paste it in the box, click on Audio and that you agree to the turns of service or whatever and click Get My Files (or something lol). It will then pop up with the songs and you just right click and Save As...

For a person who doesn't want it to be complex and take time^

Yeah, I know sites like that too. But apparently it wasn't working with fearless so I told him I'd throw up a guide. Strange though, because your link does work for me. Thanks for the easier alternative :D.
BlaqReaper
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shady45 » Feb 9th, '09, 12:20

https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/3006 (download helper for firefox) and FormatFactory 1.70
shady45
Soldier
Soldier

Postby gutawafang » Feb 9th, '09, 18:14

Thanks both BlaqReaper and Epiphany! :y:
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby neversnooze » Feb 11th, '09, 17:59

this is a real sourceful guide to downloading music from myspace.
Sometimes I stay up so late that I have my morning coffee before I go to bed
neversnooze
Soldier
Soldier

Postby gutawafang » Feb 14th, '09, 10:26

Seriously Epiphany's method rocks. :y:
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Solace » Feb 14th, '09, 21:05

gutawafang wrote:Seriously Epiphany's method rocks. :y:

lol Thanks

ps. damn nice avatar, i have this girl in my school who looks exactly like that :smoking:
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby gutawafang » Feb 15th, '09, 10:48

Epiphany wrote:

lol Thanks

ps. damn nice avatar, i have this girl in my school who looks exactly like that :smoking:

Source. :p
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Mr. Cookie » Feb 16th, '09, 01:33

don't use orbit, it sucks....once you register, you'll get tons of e-mails of bullshit...
Mr. Cookie

Postby gutawafang » Feb 16th, '09, 01:36

How bout videos?
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby BlaqReaper » Feb 16th, '09, 02:40

Mr. Cookie wrote:don't use orbit, it sucks....once you register, you'll get tons of e-mails of bullshit...

It doesn't for me. Maybe it goes to spam, but I don't check my spam folder.
BlaqReaper
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mcZu » Feb 16th, '09, 12:56

Thanks for the tips and teh guide :y:
"Truth is limitless in its range; if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt."
- Lupe Fiasco

Follow Me!

McZu's Blog!
mcZu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby benrumbles » Feb 25th, '09, 17:40

Yeah you told me about that ages ago Epiphiny it is good - but if you try it now Myspace has changed alot of peoples music players, some(not all) artists are only showing the old player songs - the new player songs aint even there! idk WTF is going on?
"Opening the book with Proof's chapter was real important for me," Eminem says. "Everything from my past moving into my future is marked by his passing. It's sort of like life when Proof was with us, and life after -- a real dividing factor. He means more to me than a book chapter could describe, but I'm glad I was able to put him first, like he did for me so many times." - THAT IS SOME REAL SHIT RIGHT THERE - FUCK YEAH - BIG PROOF 4 EVER!!!
benrumbles
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Computing & Technology