The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Spying on my own computer

Hardware and Software discussion. Seek advice or share your opinion on all things technology.

Spying on my own computer

Postby neversnooze » Sep 21st, '09, 03:10

hey everyone,

to the point, this person(roommate) i live with uses my pc and for some odd reason deletes the history searches. i dont mind privacy, like i dont care, but why delete. Anyways i wanted to know if there are any programs that can be run in the background ,for me to keep track of.

can anyone help?
Sometimes I stay up so late that I have my morning coffee before I go to bed
neversnooze
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Spying on my own computer

Postby DrunkenDeath » Sep 21st, '09, 03:12

Maybe he's in the habit of doing it?

I dunno, i always delete the history
I'm that dude.

I want to talk shit, but i'll probably get banned for it from now on :sweating:

fuckin' stalkers.
DrunkenDeath
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Dr.Lecter » Sep 21st, '09, 03:29

try temporary internet files.. damn near every image that you see on the internet is temporarily saved on your computer for quicker loading time when u log back onto that website... so besides the history you can always look at the temp internet files to see the images of websites that's been visited, that should give you some idea as to what content your roommate is viewing.

only bad thing is... if you haven't cleaned that folder in a while... you're in store for a shit load of useless images so might have to really look thru until you find what you're looking for.

you can get to this by going to internet properties->under browsing history click on settings->then view files.
Dr.Lecter
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby neversnooze » Sep 21st, '09, 19:53

Dr.Lecter wrote:try temporary internet files.. damn near every image that you see on the internet is temporarily saved on your computer for quicker loading time when u log back onto that website... so besides the history you can always look at the temp internet files to see the images of websites that's been visited, that should give you some idea as to what content your roommate is viewing.

only bad thing is... if you haven't cleaned that folder in a while... you're in store for a shit load of useless images so might have to really look thru until you find what you're looking for.

you can get to this by going to internet properties->under browsing history click on settings->then view files.

ty
Sometimes I stay up so late that I have my morning coffee before I go to bed
neversnooze
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Computing & Technology